GameGuru Store / Interactive starter pack available in the Store.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2016 21:59 Edited at: 18th Feb 2016 22:03
IMPORTANT* Please watch the instruction video attached to any of the items before use.

Make your games more immersive with interactivity.
Pack contains:
Interactive hand (weapon) designed for limb hit.
Desk with interactive drawers to place weapon/health/ammo and key pick ups.
Wall closet and cupboard to place interactive items.
Animated interactive Doors which can be set to use keys.
Animated weapons/health/ammo and key pickups to pick up or place in cupboards and drawers.
Books and drawers for interactive open and click to reveal messages.
Generic scripts to pick up any weapon/health/ammo or keys (for use with non-limbed entity's)
Generic scripts to open/close any doors (for use with non-limbed entity's)
35 entity's and 34 scripts in total.

Since making the video scripts have been updated to take into account player angle for highlighting interactive items. Doors now close behind the player, if you want the same interactivity as in videos and player closes door manually you can swap out the script to door.lua in interactive\doors folder

https://en.tgcstore.net/pack/10738

devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Brilliant love the pack anyone purchasing it is a must to follow the video instruction
can see a lot of R.E game styles coming from this pack. as this is a starter pack what
do you have in mind for further development of this pack. thanks again for a great pack.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2016 11:44 Edited at: 20th Feb 2016 12:09
Glad to see you got a handle on it from watching the video tutorial Devlin, as you say you learn a great deal about how it works from this. If you get in about the scripts you could trigger some nice events of your own to accompany the default ones provided. Thanks for the nice comments

I will be designing some more media to compliment this pack, as you say it is a starter pack to get users up and running using limb detection and stock assets so it can be used with any entity's. I thought long and hard to produce this pack so it would be usable in just about any style of game.

The scripts are really a starter point for users to create their own game and with a little help from the tutorial video I hope it encourages folks to dig a little into scripting themselves. It wouldn't be too difficult to change or add events to what is already provided to make it your own design.
Still, it can be used straight out of the box to create a more immersive player experience as is, just a personal opinion as I prefer visuals over prompts

Any issues or questions don't be afraid to ask.
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2016 12:42 Edited at: 20th Feb 2016 12:55
yes i am hopeless at scripting but i messed with your script and got this prob no big deal
but voice interaction is possible .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX6JEkRfrgk
would love to see push button interactive levers ect would be great
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
That video you show is the kind of thing I look forward to seeing users create, awesome. Much better than a text prompt
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 22:30
Quote: "yes i am hopeless at scripting but i messed with your script and got this prob no big deal
but voice interaction is possible ."

To bad we are limited to only two sound files though.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:28:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:28:56