3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Interactive starter pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just about finishing this up for upload to the store.

Props and pick-ups for interactive games. Generic scripts for use with stock and store purchased weapons/keys/health and ammo, easily edited for whatever event you want to happen..

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 14:41
This is fantastic Rolfy! Excellent work here with these. How are the objects placed inside the moving components? The animated hand icon is very impressive as well. From your short description these scripts will be usable with any set of animated entitys is that correct?

- Watching the video it seems the moving pieces are separate objects.

Great job this is most impressive
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 17:38
Very impressive, rolfy, I'm sure this will be popular. The mechanics are not nearly as simple as they appear, and you've done an elegant job.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 17:51
HAWT GIGITY!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 21:19
Yep sold awesome stuff hah mmm ship! Cough
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 23:41 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2016 23:44
Quote: " How are the objects placed inside the moving components? The animated hand icon is very impressive as well. From your short description these scripts will be usable with any set of animated entitys is that correct? "
As seen in the video the pick ups are separate entity's which are animated to follow the drawers, all the stuff created for the pack are boned and use limb detection. Pick ups are already scripted for picking up by default and it is a simple case of swapping the script to use in drawers.
As you can see I have scripts also for use with non limbed entity's which are vertex animated so users can apply them to any animated entity, you could also use these to trigger other events such as light switches or any event you want really such as turning on/off a radio or whatever simply by changing the action in the script. For stock or store pick ups you simply swap out their scripts for the generic interactive ones.

The interactive hand is an animated model and pretty unobtrusive so it could be used in any genre or style of game.

I have shown what I find the best way to build drawers etc in the video by placing one drawer and cloning the others so you simply move them up or down rather than pulling out each one and placing them separately.

Obviously I couldn't create animated drawer items from the stock or store media so I created boxes with image icons to depict what they contain weapon wise to use with non-limbed media.

In future I will be creating other objects to go with this but for now it would make a reasonable starter pack which can be used straight out of the box in GameGuru.
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 00:47
This is a must have! Wonderful work Rolfy!

OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
!!! This is MEGA COOL !!!
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 17:13
Was waiting for this ... brilliant stuff. Thanks Rolfy

Cheers.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 23:44 Edited at: 17th Feb 2016 07:04
Uploaded starter pack and awaiting approval, I will post in the store board once released.

Instructional video to show how it all works.
Since making the video scripts have been updated to take into account player angle for highlighting interactive items.

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 10:56
awesome work rolfy, just purchased this pack, cant wait to update my projects with this, fantastic work, thanks.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 19:12
I have 1 slight problem rolfy, sometimes the hand sprite does not auto disappear, i have to press 0 to make it vanish, walking away from and interactive object does not make it dissappear. Other than that, all working fine.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 23:33 Edited at: 26th Feb 2016 23:34
Quote: "I have 1 slight problem rolfy, sometimes the hand sprite does not auto disappear, i have to press 0 to make it vanish, walking away from and interactive object does not make it dissappear."
You have likely placed full interactive objects too close to each other, you need to change the script out for one or more of these to a 'no swap' or move them a little further apart. It is all explained in the video tutorial above. Try this and if it still has the same issues post a screenshot with a little info on which scripts you are using.
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow that's pretty awesome, thank you, a must have.
PM
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 10:25
Just purchased mine. This is a must have pack.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Intel i7 3.4 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 760 2GB DDR5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:51:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:51:37