Scripts / Object Move

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2015 10:33 Edited at: 18th Dec 2015 09:44
Hi,
How to make Player if press e key can change the location of the standing in front object ?
or Player if pres e key can drag objects to another location?
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2015 16:25
drag objects, is on the store.

pick carry and drop script by dvader

https://en.tgcstore.net/product/19812

harry
Harry
PM
kcan
Years of Service
User Offline
No thanks, I've already paid enough fees for GameGuru.
PM
wermer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 08:51 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2015 08:52
Here's how I do it. This one is free
Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz + Asetek 510LC / Intel DP67DE / Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD / 12GB Kingston KVR 1333 / XFX Radeon R9 285 / Corsair TX 650 / Antec 300
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 09:25 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2015 09:26
Quote: "No thanks, I've already paid enough fees for GameGuru."

Just want to remind you of the rules in this forum section, as below:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214085#msg2536296
Quote: "This board is not simply for requests for someone else to make a script for you.

If posting a thread here then show some evidence you have either...

1) Attempted to write the code yourself, this means either post the whole script or the snippet you need help with.

or

2) Researched how the script will work and need help with exactly what commands to use or what the best method may be.

Threads that show no effort on behalf of the poster will be deleted."

Please don't just ask for scripts, try to do it yourself, if you can't get it right then post your effort here and ask if anyone can help you refine it, that way you learn a bit and you're not just getting a free ride from those who have put a lot of time and effort into writing their scripts.
kcan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 10:06 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2015 12:18
Wermer: Very thank you for help.

Belidos: GameGuru provide limited features and I have to ask script in forum. I do not have to learn programing language.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 11:26 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2015 11:30
Quote: "Belidos: GameGuru provide limited features and I have to ask script in forum. I do not have to learn programing language."

"i bought a car but I don't want to learn how to drive, somebody drive me please" ..... scripting is an integral part of GameGuru, the base software comes with a set of standard scripts for you to use (most other game engines don't even have this), anything more than that is down to you to provide.

Eventually there will be easier ways of doing, but as of now that is how it is, if you can't accept that and don't want to at least try to learn some (it's pretty easy once you understand the basics) that doesn't give you the right to break the rules and to be honest belittle the efforts of other by expecting everything handed to you.
kcan
Years of Service
User Offline
Dear Belidos: I buy this software because GameGuru claims no need programing language. Script to learn is hard. İf I already knew script, already I use a more advanced Game Engine software.

Forums already available for it.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 11:54
Quote: "Dear Belidos: I buy this software because GameGuru claims no need programing language. Script to learn is hard. İf I already knew script, already I use a more advanced Game Engine software.

Forums already available for it."

No it doesn't claim that at all.

It says you are not stopped from making games by not learning an elaborate alien script.

1. You can still make games with the base scripts, the only thing stopping you is your expectations.
2. You don't have to learn an elaborate alien script, it's LUA, it's very basic, it's only as complicated as you make it.

kcan
Years of Service
User Offline
Dear Belidos:
GameGuru no need script, Script is optional.
I do not know programing language and I do not need to know.
Why I Use forum ask script you uncomfortable? What's your problem with me?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 12:25
Quote: "Dear Belidos:
GameGuru no need script, Script is optional.
I do not know programing language and I do not need to know.
Why I Use forum ask script you uncomfortable? What's your problem with me?"

Scripts are not optional and they have never said they were, you have to have scripts. They give you all the scripts you need for a basic game, not knowing LUA code doesn't stop you from making a game, it just stops you from doing more complicated things, if you want to do more complicated things you need to learn to script.

The forum is here for you to get some help with that, not for people to do it for you.

It wasn't really so much that you were asking for scripts, it was your comment about already paying enough fees for GameGuru that got me, what that says to me between the lines is that you don't appreciate the time and effort that the community has put into making models and creating scripts, but you still want us to give them to you, that's a bit rude in my opinion.

kcan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 12:42 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2015 08:12
Never mind
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 18:46 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2015 19:49
Quote: "Scripts are not optional and they have never said they were, you have to have scripts. They give you all the scripts you need for a basic game, not knowing LUA code doesn't stop you from making a game, it just stops you from doing more complicated things, if you want to do more complicated things you need to learn to script.

The forum is here for you to get some help with that, not for people to do it for you.

It wasn't really so much that you were asking for scripts, it was your comment about already paying enough fees for GameGuru that got me, what that says to me between the lines is that you don't appreciate the time and effort that the community has put into making models and creating scripts, but you still want us to give them to you, that's a bit rude in my opinion. "

well said
@kcan i recommend at least trying to script, it's very rewarding and much less frustrating in the long run as you will be much less reliant on others.
your current attitude will not get you much help.

@wermer i found a few issues with your code so i have improved it, hope you don't mind
it now correctly checks for the release of 'e' to drop an item and most importantly will only pick the closest object to you so you can't carry more than one item anymore.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
wermer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 18:54 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2015 19:17
@Belidos
I get the impression that English is not kcan's primary language. Maybe you couldn't tell, but he was asking for help. He didn't say "make for me", he said "how to make?" He didn't come here asking for a handout. He asked for help and what he got was "go buy it in the store". His response was reasonable, and respectful.
Posts telling people to "go buy it in the store" (or scolding them for ignoring such posts) have nothing to do with scripting, are not helpful, and IMO don't belong here.

Just wanted to remind you of what this forum is for:
"Talk about any aspect of GameGuru script coding and post your own scripts here"

And also to remind you of the rules in this forum section, as below:
*Be nice. This is an environment that exists to encourage and foster a community spirit.
*Do not post non-constructive posts
*Do not intentionally inflame a thread

Thanks

@smallg
Your script is much more versatile. I can't explain unless it's another bug, but KeyPressE=1 or KeyPressE=0 has the same effect, so 0 is better but 1 actually does work. Why is kcan getting grief about an attitude? I like his attitude, and I'm offended that instead of help he got a sales pitch!
Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz + Asetek 510LC / Intel DP67DE / Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD / 12GB Kingston KVR 1333 / XFX Radeon R9 285 / Corsair TX 650 / Antec 300
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I can't explain unless it's another bug, but KeyPressE=1 or KeyPressE=0 has the same effect"

it's just because of the way you are using it there, what's actually happening is while you are holding 'e' to carry the object the object is in actual fact getting dropped and picked up in a very quick time and thus you don't notice... it does work but obviously not quite what you intended
i did notice that my script wouldn't work for hitting the carried object on obstacles though and thus not dropping it if it became out of range (while your version would inadvertently do so) so i have added an extra distance check.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 20:14
Quote: "Posts telling people to "go buy it in the store" (or scolding them for ignoring such posts) have nothing to do with scripting, are not helpful, and IMO don't belong here.
"

well sorry if i just wanted to be helpfull..i never said you MUST buy it, i only suggested that there is also a script on the store.
And in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that suggestion and that also belongs here...
That he does not want to buy it,, thats fine by me.

It was only a suggestion to help somebody..

Harry
Harry
PM
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 21:02
A lot of great points here an all sides!

@kcan. There's no shame in asking fro help on the forums. We've AIl been there at least once. Myself probably being the worst! Lua is a pretty straight forward language to learn but your right, you shouldn't have to learn it if you dont want to. That being said, take a look at a lua script in the scriptbank folder and read through it. You'd be surprised by how logical and easy it is to understand. Sos ome (certainly not all) scripts could be cobbled together to give a rudimentary solution. Even if you found it near impossible to write then at least, showing that you had tried. The community's best and brightest (smallg & wermer) would, just like they did step in and give you some help.

@wermer. I'm pretty sure Harry want trying to be unhelpful, he read kcan's request and remembered that there was a solution in the site which he helpfully give the link for. Your right he didn't say make for me but how to make, and like I said there's no harm in asking for help but as belidos did point out the rules state you should give it a go yourself.

Scripting can be hard, modeling can be hard, making a game can be hard. But that's why the forums are here. Everyone's got their own view points in things and there nothing wrong with expressing them as long as its all done with respect to each other.

Rant over, merry Christmas everyone
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:36:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:36:14