Free Models and Media / Free simple interior shadow decals

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 17:20
Just because some might want to use my very overly simplistic solution for the lack of shadows on floors by the lightmapper for indoor scenes.

Warning: the flashlight will make these look really dumb, so try to place them either very close to the objects or in places where the player will likely not notice/use the flashlight.

Pack includes:
6 shapes which can be stretched/skewed to fit via the ingame editor (circle,square,triangle, right triangle, square with rounded corners, and a line)
and in 3 varieties - hard (flat black, no fuzzing), soft (grey with some minor fuzzing on the edges), blended (grey gradiant with fuzzing and gaussian blur).

Overall it's a pretty simple 'hack' to make the shadows completely customizable. You're basically sticking a sticker of a shadow wherever you want it. The advantage here is the engine will let you size/shape/squish/stretch/etc it as much as you want which can allow for lots of different combinations/uses if you are inventive.
Recently updated my review blog.

http://gamegurureport.blogspot.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rabid
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jan 2016 07:25 Edited at: 1st Jan 2016 07:26
Could you attach some screenshots please?
-i5-3570k - Galax GTX970 - 8GB Kingston DDR3 - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - ASRock Z77 Extreme6-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:05:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:05:26