Posted: 8th Feb 2017 03:29
unexpected symbol near char (194)
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 06:25
Hmn not sure why you get an error, it worked fine for me and a few others that use it. That errors a little odd too, there are only 43 lines in the script, not 194.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 08:42
can you give me a zip file where is all the files that this script needs.Here is my email techco027@gmail.com
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 09:27 Edited at: 8th Feb 2017 09:29
There is a zip of the script in the attachments of the thread i linked, just put the script in the GameGuru/files/scriptbank folder.

You will need to make your own background image named ammo.png and place it in your GameGuru/files/scriptbank/images folder

TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 12:02
I already placed ammo.png
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 13:01
Try this one.

Don't change anything, don't try to change the name, just do the following steps:

1. Put the script in your scriptbank
2. Make a background image called ammo.png and drop it in scriptbank\images
3. Place a barrel on your map and open its properties
A) change static to NO
B) change always active to YES
C) change the script to ammohud2.lua

Now test the game.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 03:27
thk I will test it now
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 05:32
Here is the error

It also happened with this script.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 06:17
OK, try this one instead

Attachments

TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 08:01
bro the last one worked very well.thank you very much for your work and also for your time to solve my problem.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 09:27
No problem mate, not sure what was wrong in the last one, it was exactly the same (except i changed the names), the only difference being i copy/pasted the original two from a quote i wrote (i'm a poet and i didn't know it!), i changed the location/size of the hud, and i typed the last one instead, maybe forum copy/paste is bugging it out or something.

TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 08:29
I also got problem on smallgs car script gunner etc
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 11:53
The char(194) error occurs when you cut and paste from a browser window. You can't see char 194 in the editor but if you delete any empty lines and any odd characters on the end of the lines, they look like spaces tagged on, then all should be fine.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 12:36
Quote: "The char(194) error occurs when you cut and paste from a browser window. You can't see char 194 in the editor but if you delete any empty lines and any odd characters on the end of the lines, they look like spaces tagged on, then all should be fine."

Yeah i guessed that was what did it.

Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
@Blacknyt46 i have no problem with using the radar you gave and the spaceship at the same time, are you sure you're using WASD to move the ship?

Smallg, Yes I been using WASD. I was using the spaceship script on other craft also. I deleted them when I got rid of the radar. I was trying to trouble shoot the problem. Can you use the script more than once on the same map? I used it on 4 other craft as well. And only one ship would work. Only the use (E) pops up on the other ships, but they don't do any thing. You can't even enter them. I just wanted the player to be able to use any craft he wished. Sorry to bother you with this. If it's to much? I understand. You been Awesome! Thank You
P.s. Would it be possible to add weapons? That would be the King of all spaceship scripts in the whole Galactic Universe.
Jim C
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 14:51 Edited at: 12th Feb 2017 14:53
Hi AmenMoses, I glad you pointed this out as there seems to be loads of scripts with this issue on the forum. I think it may pay for coders to submit their full code in attached lua or zip file format. Using the BB Code tags maybe okay for small update edits but not for full-length page(s) by copying & pasting. This should save time and effort for both the coder and end-user.

Thanks again, as I was going to submit it myself in a thread lol

gd - Ed.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 15:50
@gq, it's only a problem in windows and probably only in explorer, or edge or whatever the darn thing is called this week.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 18:41
I'm thinking if I can stop/start animation on command of a bush I can add a wind effect to my weather/time of day system. Any thoughts? I'm kind of terrible at model/animation stuff so I figured I'd ask the expert
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 18:46 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 18:47
Stupid dupe post.
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 02:15 Edited at: 14th Feb 2017 12:54
Is there a way to take the re-spawn & re-spawner scripts (or similar script) and use them to make a med kit keep respawning with a delay of 20-30 seconds in a single player game?

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207801?page=10#msg2533489

Update:

I tried this and if I stand where the med kit is, the health points sky rocket into the thousands, and keeps on going. I just wanted 25 to 50 health points, and then to have it re-spawn after about 20 to 30 seconds.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Can you use the script more than once on the same map?"

yes, it's already set up to work with multiple ships (in a way), you just need to be very specific about the settings in the init(e) part if you want the ships to have differences (otherwise they will all function the same by default).
not sure why you're having issues with it, it works straight out the box for me.

firing will not really work until the core gets updated as it's not very easy to do collision checking etc - it would just be more of a visual thing or with very imprecise impacts... not worth the hassle yet.

Quote: "Is there a way to take the re-spawn & re-spawner scripts (or similar script) and use them to make a med kit keep respawning with a delay of 20-30 seconds in a single player game?"

sure, see attachment
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Attachments

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 02:22 Edited at: 17th Feb 2017 02:36
Wow! Thank smallg...

I was trying to imagine all that I would need to do to put a script like this together, and I knew it would be more than a simple 3 line script.

Update:

I tested it, and it works perfectly.
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 03:55
Hi guys, I'm looking for help with a script to find the closes enemy distance (in text) to me in any direction i.e. 360. So it will always just show the closes enemy.

I'm just having one of those moments and can't get my head round the problem.

Any help would be great.

Thanks guys.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 19:14 Edited at: 28th Feb 2017 19:16
new update is out and i must say the new AI pathing is so much better/smoother, no more annoying pause when they update your position if you're moving around a lot while fighting!
great job Lee

.... and so hopefully a few new fixes coming your way soon for the AI as i get time to play with it and understand the new scripts... bit of a job as it's all over the place now compared to before and will be a bit of a pain to change parts as now we must change any calls to the desired function too (or it'll be overwritten in verify or updates) but does also mean we can build new scripts using those functions much faster so will be interesting to see what people come up with.

but the first thing i noticed when i loaded up GG and tested a zombie is they turn super fast, looks weird to me so i am releasing a really quick fix for that today.

from this (notice the instant turning?)

to this

(remember to back up the original if you wish but i tested with soldiers and zombies and they work fine, it really is a small change, just a couple lines, full credit for the script is Lee's).

more will come soon, i already noticed the soldiers don't respond if you are walking behind them (might be fine for some genres but considering their normal aggression levels it seems a bit weird) and i will likely make them run rather than walk once you're a large distance away but if you do spot any issues with the new scripts you can post them here and i'll take a look.

p.s. drop this script inside the new ai folder inside the scriptbank folder
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 19:42
@smallg I had abandoned fps creator, had tried game guru and I did not like. peering in the forum I saw your scripts, and thanks to you I have started again to use GG. I want to thank you for the work you do. THANK YOU

My Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi z97 / i74770k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram / SSD 850Evo
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 21:13
Quote: "p.s. drop this script inside the new ai folder inside the scriptbank folder"

Thanks smallg

That looks so much better already.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 08:52
Hey G m8 respawners stopped working, kicking off at line 15 the number 2? do i need to change this now? Cheers m8
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Mipastu
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2017 08:47
Hey! i was using the Stealth kill script, i noticed that enemies doesnt react to gunshots?
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz ¨ 16,0Gt dual channel RAM @ 1334MHz ¨¨ 2048MtNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ¨¨ 465GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 500GB (SSD) ¨¨ Windows 10 Home 64-bit
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 19:52 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2017 20:03
sorry, the way i updated the AI didn't work correctly with obstacles, the new version (attached here) will adjust the actual AI rotation a bit better and seems to work correctly (AI spinning around when hitting obstacles is expected with the stock script - they just did it instantly before so it was a bit less obvious?)
i'm not sure i like this version more than the stock script but it's always nice to have options and i'll see if i can find a way to fix that in future.

as for old AI scripts here, it's expected they will no longer work, it will mostly just be a case of putting back any dependencies to variables that are no longer in the stock AI but it'll take some time for me to get around to updating them
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
by request - swap characters on death
(believe i've done this before but this one will work with the new update)

lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 4th Mar 2017 20:01 Edited at: 6th Mar 2017 19:23
Thank you smallg!

I have been trying to figure out how to do this for weeks.

I tried doing exactly what you said and it works YAY!

NOTE: The text in your video, is very hard to read. Is there a higher definition version?

UPDATE: Here is a link to the video. http://plexuspixels.com/spawn_in_when_dead_test.mp4
It shows what happens when I use a custom character. Once the character is changed to the custom character it just slides around. Is there something I can replace in the FPE file to correct the behavior? Or should I just wait for the next update?
Web Designer/Photographer/Videographer/ Video Editor
ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970-4GB - Windows 10 64bit
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
update for the zombie apoc chars in the classics folder (believe it should work with all of them but at least all the ones that used the original/old ai_classiccharacter_apocalypse.lua)

i think these are already being fixed soon but i've added some extra tweaks
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2017 00:01 Edited at: 5th Mar 2017 11:05
Any chance of the respawner for the same character on a timer G im crap at timers just want to respawn a character with a set time maybe with a text displayed e.g "Help im being robbed" , idea is civvies are being beaten up or robbed by criminals so my super heroes can kick their .... so maybe even spawn criminals and a civvie at the same time anything to play with you know me i'll prolly wreck it anyway lol
Edit: just watched the above vid will be checking that out m8 looks good just need my favorite adding a timer lol.
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Mar 2017 12:28
hi Smallg.

if you can remember i ask you to make a script were you respawn the soldier when the player is dead, back to the soldiers starting position.
you said its not possible at the time, maybe later when the ai update.is here.

so please can you look into it.

if you can make a script were if the player dies you also spawn / re spawn the ai_slodiers in that scene back to there starting position, so that the scene can start all over until the player has killed al the ai_soldiers in that scene.
if all the soldiers in that scene is killed and player has reach a check point then if the player dies the ai soldiers must not re spawn again.

at this staged the ai's keep on running to the players starting point, they can kill you there, and when you re spawn they are still waiting for you at the starting point, witch it not good game play.

thanks again for all your hard work.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hi Smallg.

if you can remember i ask you to make a script were you respawn the soldier when the player is dead, back to the soldiers starting position.
you said its not possible at the time, maybe later when the ai update.is here.

so please can you look into it.

if you can make a script were if the player dies you also spawn / re spawn the ai_slodiers in that scene back to there starting position, so that the scene can start all over until the player has killed al the ai_soldiers in that scene.
if all the soldiers in that scene is killed and player has reach a check point then if the player dies the ai soldiers must not re spawn again.

at this staged the ai's keep on running to the players starting point, they can kill you there, and when you re spawn they are still waiting for you at the starting point, witch it not good game play."

yes but still no clue how to stop them from being aggro on respawning i'm afraid, this is just something i can't figure out.
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Some scripts like "kill to open the door" not working for me any more after the last update I tried to fix it in some ways, any ideas?.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Mar 2017 21:43
thanks for the scripts,
im not to sure , do i put the ai_respawn_control.lua on a drum, and how do i conect it to the ai.

sorry, for all the trouble
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "im not to sure , do i put the ai_respawn_control.lua on a drum, and how do i conect it to the ai."

yep just put it on an always active object and it's good to go, the checkpoint is obviously just to replace the original checkpoint marker.
no need to connect them to the ai, it will automatically work with the AI.

Quote: "Some scripts like "kill to open the door" not working for me any more after the last update I tried to fix it in some ways, any ideas?"

you need to put back any missing variables like ai_soldier_state = {} and for pathfinding etc.

new script for the scifi characters
p.s. had a few issues with the characters bugging out at long range (and no longer animating even after you came back into range, characters seem to no longer have a hard coded cut-off range) so please note these may stop following waypoints if you get near to start them and then leave - they will swap to idle state if there's no longer a nearby waypoint node - but otherwise they seem good.

lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Smallg
MrEaKing(YT)
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 05:53
I would just like to say smallg you rock. started last week but been to tons of pages well over 100 in the forum looking for different things or just reading to learn and so often its you that has been behind great advice or more so giving out free coding to people who need it. Thank you very much for all your hard work you make this community great.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I would just like to say smallg you rock. started last week but been to tons of pages well over 100 in the forum looking for different things or just reading to learn and so often its you that has been behind great advice or more so giving out free coding to people who need it. Thank you very much for all your hard work you make this community great."

thanks very much and welcome
lua guide for GG
windows 10
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 18:54
Omg! Smallg killing sweet rabbits. All for science.

Updating Smallg lib. Done. Thanks mate for your amazing work.

I was glancing last Lee LUA updates, I've noticed death thru a shoot at the head being hanled in combatcore.headshot, but can find the entity death where it is handled, or it is hardcode? ie: if zombie died because a shot in the torax where is this hanled?

Basically combatcore has all the hard work, as module_combatshoot as well.
I remember previews module_agro having more stuff than the last one.
Combatcore.patrol Lee has did nice improves.
About module_combatcore.detectplayer, despite Lees has made some modifications, it need more work, I've pictures with the soldiers like if we are great friends in a camping, instead of enemies, even talking with them, I've discovered why they are masked.

Hearsound also need a bit as weel, I've shoot enemies pretty closest to them, with not reaction by their part.
However I know master Lee may fix those stuff, and community may do amazing thinghs, like smallg does.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I was glancing last Lee LUA updates, I've noticed death thru a shoot at the head being hanled in combatcore.headshot, but can find the entity death where it is handled, or it is hardcode? ie: if zombie died because a shot in the torax where is this hanled?"

not sure i 100% understand but you can simply replace the "head" part of the string search from the headshot code with any of the desired limbs to have the character react or die differently based on where they were shot (though of course the ragdoll already does this automatically to some extent, the only reason the headshot code is really called is to ensure it's a 1 hit kill).

not really anything that can be changed about the hearing of gun shots as that's all handled behind the scenes but if you can replicate it with stock media send it to Lee as he'll likely work on it along with the AI update (when he returns).

as for new AI scripts, yes, hopefully more to come from me soon, just working on a few projects in AGK so time is limited
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Mipastu
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2017 17:20
Could those work on other classic characters too? looks damn awesome.
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz ¨ 16,0Gt dual channel RAM @ 1334MHz ¨¨ 2048MtNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ¨¨ 465GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 500GB (SSD) ¨¨ Windows 10 Home 64-bit
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
if they have the same animations yes, otherwise they will need tweaks to fit.
do you have a character in mind?
lua guide for GG
windows 10
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2017 21:24
Quote: "but you can simply replace the "head" part of the string search from the headshot code with any of the desired limbs to have the character react or die differently based on where they were shot"

Some list about those limbs GG names?
ie: torax,feets, hands, arms, etc.
Just want to know if is there some name convention.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
there is for the stock characters which i can't remember but you can open them in fragmotion (or just prompt the limb you hit in game with Prompt(g_Entity[e]['limbhit']) which is generally what i do, gives a more accurate indication of what you will actually hit in game that way)
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Mipastu
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2017 14:15
Quote: "if they have the same animations yes, otherwise they will need tweaks to fit.
do you have a character in mind?"

i was thinking police officer models

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:16:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:16:36