Scripts / [STICKY] Smallg's free scripts

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2016 21:03 Edited at: 16th Dec 2016 21:04
just tired this G and ive got something wrong somewhere ive got the counter and drops working fine just the selling side isnt :/ what am i missing apart from my brains lol?

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 16th Dec 2016 22:34
Have you got enough end in there? I see a main and three if statements, but only two ends. Should there not be four ends in there?

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2016 23:05 Edited at: 16th Dec 2016 23:23
dunno m8 didnt kick off like it normally does can try it tho lol now it kicks off saying attempt to call globla g_alienitems a number value? nope carnt see it ive checked all the spelling ..bed time for me i'll check it with fresh eyes tomorrow :/
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
g_alien_items needs to be either an array or just a variable, can't be both. (First 2 declarations -also missing an equals if array)

Next you need to make sure pressed is defined and also reset somewhere.

On phone so untested but that should work.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
@gd sorry I missed that but the way the script works is to automatically assign the player to the team of the first AI placed down (using the team script).
Can't remember if there's a way to change the players team in the script but the quickest method if not is to find the guy with the lowest entity number, change his team to match the players team you want and then retry (if you want him to look different then delete him and replace him but don't save before you replace him or place anything else or the numbers will change again)
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2016 14:52
Oh why are you so cleaver and im so stupid lol (don't answer that one) needed an extra end but even i know that error msg thanks G works like a charm gonna have fun with these scripts!

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 16:59
BTW Smallg; your test worked fine I'm just working on trying to implement it properly in my map - it's turning out more complicated than expected but I'll keep you posted on the results.
Nailgrind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 20:59
Noticed you have animated a Steampunk Robot, did you do the animations? Cant get them to work for me
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 21:31
SmallG is it possible to tweak your airstrike/bomber script so it doesn't drop bombs on the player but say an entity or a character. I know the script at the minute just rotates to the player and gets their range and when it's at it, Drops the bombs, I tried to edit it but to no avail. Also just a general question; is it possible to change the default explosion damage, I know in entity properties you can change it but for something like the bombs in your script is it just done in properties as well??

Thanks in Advance
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "SmallG is it possible to tweak your airstrike/bomber script so it doesn't drop bombs on the player but say an entity or a character. I know the script at the minute just rotates to the player and gets their range and when it's at it, Drops the bombs, I tried to edit it but to no avail. Also just a general question; is it possible to change the default explosion damage, I know in entity properties you can change it but for something like the bombs in your script is it just done in properties as well?? "

you mean like call in a friendly airstrike? it's possible yh but how would you suggest i do the targetting side of it?
i could add it to my binocular script and let you press e when you have an enemy in your sights?

Quote: "Noticed you have animated a Steampunk Robot, did you do the animations? Cant get them to work for me"

the pack is here https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/208967

Quote: "BTW Smallg; your test worked fine I'm just working on trying to implement it properly in my map - it's turning out more complicated than expected but I'll keep you posted on the results."

yh it can get a bit confusing when working with multiple objects and scripts and timing everything but with only 1 field of input it's probably as simple as it's going to get without resorting to inputting entity numbers directly (which i'm not a fan of as they can change).
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 20:40
@SmallG yea a friendly airstrike of sorts, Using the binoculars is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that! I originally tried myself by walking up to dynamic objects (only certain ones) and pressing e, I tried to get its X and Z coordinates and pass them into a global variable and use that for the bomber but of course, it failed horrendously. I love the idea of the binoculars though, sort of like a laser designator, that'd be wicked
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'
AceRimmer
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: classic British heavy metal mostly
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 22:19
This is one which I think a lot of other people might be able to use as well. Seems doable, but I don't know where to really start. I hope I've explained it properly. It would be pretty multi-functional.

for example: a Keep the Generator Running script. (player has to have two items, in this case fuel plus spare part)

Basic Repair and refuel a Generator (or other mechanism) to put the lights on (etc)
1. find a part to fix it
2. put fuel in it and it runs and things happen...
3. when it runs a light entity (or several lights) is on, and a sound is looped
4. when it's not running light entity is off and the sound loop stops.
(idea here is player has to find a repair kit or spare part to fix a mechanism, then find fuel for it and start the mechanism. When the mechanism is running lights are in a certain state (on) and when it is not running the lights are off.

Refinement: (because simply keeping the lights on will soon lose it's novelty value)
It runs out of fuel after x-minutes = display a png in the hud to tell you to find fuel, and/or displays a prompt.
you add the fuel, it runs as above = the png/prompt disappears.
also:
When it is running an entity is spawned, when it stops the entity is destoyed (eg a forcefield) or changes state (eg a door unlocks) or operates (a door opens etc)

I could see lots of uses for this other than turning virtual petrol into noise and light and unlocking doors. Puzzles where you fix stuff to unlock doors or proceed through the level, or repairing you ship to get off the planet to the next level, or as part of quests etc.

What do you think?

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
@johno OK cool, I will add it for you

@ace I should still have something similar from a private request I can tweak and expand to fit your suggestion (sounds fun, thanks) but it may take a while.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
friendly airstrike (as mentioned in the video - this will be a 1 use thing for now until repeated explosions are possible for entitys)

guide in video or
1. give airstrike_bomber_friendly.lua to drop ship and name it something unique
(optional sound at slot 0 for engine)
2. place binoculars.lua on object and name it the same as drop ship above
(optional sound at slot 3 for signally a successful airstrike call)
3. give airstrike_bomb.lua to explode-able objects and place them under drop ship (must be very close or drop ship won't find them)
make sure all are always active = yes and static = no
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
fixed the proximity mines to be placeable again (by player to kill enemies)
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
test
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi smallg,

I would like to ask you about a script (for extra lives) you recommended at this forum link - https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214778

I tried to use the script, and the player keeps getting over 400 extra lives when the object is picked up. I was wondering if there is a way to set the max number of player lives you can acquire to only 1, instead of the 416 that I keep getting.

Thanks
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it set always active = yes? If so it needs to be set to no otherwise the script will not be stopped.
If you have a need for it to really always active for some reason then the script will need some small tweak so let me know.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Basic Repair and refuel a Generator (or other mechanism) to put the lights on (etc)"

progress update - just needs a little extra polish and i'll release it/them
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 23:23
Here's a fun one for you m8 if you feel inclined im currently modelling auto miners like a big sci fi mining rig and am using a very adapted script by DVader to forage for items or mine etc what im aiming at doing is having the auto miner/forager kind of like the field base kit/ deploy able fire you did for me a while back. so in effect what you do is deploy the drone and it auto mines for you, i have the models done just need to make the keypress an auto thing? and get it working via the deployable fire script so basically when deployed it auto kepress's, Any chance you can show me how m8 to test it out please thanks G
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 23:33 Edited at: 25th Dec 2016 00:00
Not quite there yet but here's the auto miner mk1 in action, im kinda hoping that the player can have multiple mining rigs in the inventory so basically can pop them out around a map for resourcing, these have to be built via a schematic from manually collecting or mining items have that bit working but having problems with the save load doing weird stuff atm lol :/
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is it set always active = yes? If so it needs to be set to no otherwise the script will not be stopped.
If you have a need for it to really always active for some reason then the script will need some small tweak so let me know."

Hi smallg,

I had the always active set to = no.

I also noticed that if static is set to yes, it doesn't work at all. So I set static to = no in order to get it to work, but it simply gave too many bonus lives.

I tried to quickly make a new flat level, and when I picked up the syringe it gave 3 extra lives. When I try it on a level I have been working on for a few months, it gives the player something in the 400's range (like 416, 458, 475 etc.).

I tried putting in some if / then commands to alter the variables, but I kept getting error messages. My script programming skills are not so good (I'm trying to learn though).

I was hoping to get the script to give only 1 bonus life.

I appreciate any help...

Thanks
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
oh i see the issue now yh, sorry, SetPlayerLives() doesn't require the entity to be referenced

@honkey you just need a timer really, once the miner is deployed you'll just increase it's ore (or the players if you don't want to go back and collect the ore) every so often.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks smallg,

It works perfectly.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed a "thirdp_melee.lua script above .... under the heading of test without any real details ..
Whats that all about ?
How would I use that
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 12:41
OO timers hmm now that's one i have to get the hang of yet i'll start checking through the scripts see if i can suss out how they work do you have a link to a simple one used in one of yours for me to study?
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I noticed a "thirdp_melee.lua script above .... under the heading of test without any real details ..
Whats that all about ?
How would I use that "

it was a reply to a PM but from my testing it doesn't work, not sure if it's me or what but seems like third person animations have changed, feel free to ignore it

Quote: "Here's a fun one for you m8 if you feel inclined im currently modelling auto miners like a big sci fi mining rig and am using a very adapted script by DVader to forage for items or mine etc what im aiming at doing is having the auto miner/forager kind of like the field base kit/ deploy able fire you did for me a while back. so in effect what you do is deploy the drone and it auto mines for you, i have the models done just need to make the keypress an auto thing? and get it working via the deployable fire script so basically when deployed it auto kepress's, Any chance you can show me how m8 to test it out please thanks G"

script attached, have fun breaking it
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 22:13 Edited at: 25th Dec 2016 22:55
Pmsl truly amazing I've now got the scripts all made to collect resources manually and getting all the info to save over levels (that was a bit of a hard one for me) so next i am going to attempt to let the player use the manually collected/foraged ores to build the auto miner and that's just sooo cool G thanks m8 you really are a star. p.s i'll try not to break it

Muhahah utterly brilliant wait till i get that in as a schematic in a shop and addable to the inventory

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 12:31
Hi Smallg
I'm playing with the Minecraft grass block script and I seem to have a problem.
The Link to the original FPSe example block is broken so I made my own, when I place the block into the level it appears the right size, but if I run the game its not in the scene
go back to the game editor and the block is bigger and will show in the game now although its very big , it will go into inventory and place somewhere else

I'm guessing I'm missing something in the fpe file but no idea what

here's the block
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26539256/box.zip

thanks
Nige
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 19:21
i can't get any ally script to work. May I get a link to a working script?
ally.lua or the enemy, Not sure What I did wrong, i placed 2 characters and added the ally script, then added 2 boxes. with ally script.
Did the same with the enemy.lua.. the editor crashed..

So I found a ranger_ally.lua
Looks cool. I wish it would work, He kinda trys to help.
I get the prompt Press e to confirm. You can hire my services
so I press e.
then I get
Want me to come with you kind sir? Press e to confirm
So pressing e gets
Lead the way good sir
and he follows for a bit but never attacks anything?

is there a newer working version? of any? please?
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 20:38 Edited at: 26th Dec 2016 22:24
Question for you G m8, ive now got the scripts written and working to craft a schematic for the miner and then build it from materials, before you can deploy it can you tell me m8 what variable i need to save to save it over levels please i tried g_miner but that's a no go and carnt find anything in the script to suggest what it would be .. cheers m8 Edit: scratch that m8 going to have them as one off craftables on planet surfaces. I have the schematics carryable in the invent
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Question for you G m8, ive now got the scripts written and working to craft a schematic for the miner and then build it from materials, before you can deploy it can you tell me m8 what variable i need to save to save it over levels please i tried g_miner but that's a no go and carnt find anything in the script to suggest what it would be .. cheers m8"

line 21, it's commented already for you
Quote: "g_miners_collected = 2 --how many miners player has in inventory"

finished the generator scripts now so here they are.

set up explained in video or quick guide;
- name generator and doors/lights the same (but add " door" or " light" to door/light respectively)
- set generator health to number of parts needed for repairs.
- set fuel object health to amount of fuel to gain when picked up.
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 13:25
Is it possible to create pedestrians (like in GTA games), neutral roaming around random & following pathways until they get shot at, then they will run away from you. I saw that you wrote a code in a post, but i cant get it to work. Here is the post im talking about https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214428.

And for example gang or police npcs, if shot at or close to them, they will go from neutral to attacking.
Visit our FB site and like
https://www.facebook.com/crowhillstudiosofficial
AceRimmer
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: classic British heavy metal mostly
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 17:42 Edited at: 29th Dec 2016 17:48
you are an absolute star smallg. The generator scripts are awesome. I've also learned a lot already from seeing how they work and from the annotations in the script. Above and beyond the call of duty, I owe you! fantastic job
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is it possible to create pedestrians (like in GTA games), neutral roaming around random & following pathways until they get shot at, then they will run away from you."

not sure what that link is as it doesn't load for me but this script should do what you ask
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 21:44
Brilliant thanks man, it works! Well almost, only it seems that "heardsound" dosent work, i have to hurt the ai before it runs. Something im not doing right?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 22:34 Edited at: 29th Dec 2016 22:46
nope, that script is set to just make them duck when a gun shot is heard, like cowering.
if you prefer them to run try this one

don't have time to write a full script but this should get you started for gang members too
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 23:42
Nothing happens when ive attached the new civillian2.lua, but gangmember worked great =)
Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 04:17
very cool!! Gangmember works excellent I'm also trying to get the civilian to work as well. I have to hurt them before they will run away. I'm playing around with the script to see if I can figure out how to get it if they hear the gunshot they run for the hills lol any help would be greatly appreciated!
PM
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi smallg. Sorry to bother you. I been trying to get the newer airstrike scripts to work. They work great when not using the binocular script. There seems to be something wrong with the binoculars script? The 1st 3 scripts work great together. But not the newer ones with the calling in with the binoculars. I keep getting a error msg. Can you please take a look at them for me? I don't know to much about lua scripts. Thanks that would be a big help!
Jim C
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 17:20
Quote: "I keep getting a error msg"

Can you tell us what the error message was, every error message has a code that tells exactly what the issue is, if you can tell us what the message is it would help to work out what the issue is.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 18:01 Edited at: 30th Dec 2016 18:11
I'm back! lol and i didn't bust ya script G! I actually made it better haha (sounds like a quote out the fly that does) :/ question If i may as it's one of the things im still struggling with and im having to rewrite the attached script like a million times over each and every space station and still doesn't quite have the desired result. I have this on each station with different mats.

What i would like to do is have 4 items instead of one that way i can have them in the right category e.g Alien_items, robot_items, animal items, special_items say at a loot_station but all sold via 1 script, ive been trying to adapt the shop script you did but failing badly as these aren't real items, any chance you can show me how m8 plz the more basic the better (i can get my head around it quicker then) cheers P.s its the scrolling though items bit im stuck with :/
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
this one should work better. (note there really isn't anything i can do about the pausing while they think about running away, that's just AI pathing).

Quote: "Hi smallg. Sorry to bother you. I been trying to get the newer airstrike scripts to work. They work great when not using the binocular script. There seems to be something wrong with the binoculars script? The 1st 3 scripts work great together. But not the newer ones with the calling in with the binoculars. I keep getting a error msg. Can you please take a look at them for me? I don't know to much about lua scripts. Thanks that would be a big help!"

as belidos said, what error message do you get?
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 19:36 Edited at: 31st Dec 2016 12:20
Quote: "What i would like to do is have 4 items instead of one that way i can have them in the right category e.g Alien_items, robot_items, animal items, special_items say at a loot_station but all sold via 1 script, ive been trying to adapt the shop script you did but failing badly as these aren't real items, any chance you can show me how m8 plz the more basic the better (i can get my head around it quicker then) cheers P.s its the scrolling though items bit im stuck with :/"

yh it gets quite complicated once you add multiple items
edit, fixed leaving shop issue
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 20:05 Edited at: 30th Dec 2016 21:13
Thanks m8 yeah so i see, least its just repeated lines so i think i'll get the hang of it. Well i'll need to for the other 8 categories lol.
Thank you for the help Edit just tested it the player stays frozen at the base tried UnfreezePlayer() = no joy tried using a getinkeyl to leave the selling but got that wrong too lol im stuck at the station and no nightclub here
Edit2 OK m8 got it sorted i took out all the references to freezing the player (i'd expect them to stay in range anyway least if the get jumped the can now run for it) now works fine thanks G
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 02:05
Great work, i tried to implement this code in the end of the script, but got a error message, where can i put it?

Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 06:14
Thank you smallg!! that civilian2 script works incredibly well sir!!
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 12:24 Edited at: 31st Dec 2016 12:26
@honkeyboy sorry i also realised that before i went to sleep but too late to fix it then, i edited the original post to include a version that will allow you to press e (or move away from the shop as i commented out the freezing but you can still include it if you want) to close it.

@slaur3n add it inside the main(e) function, just right under the function name_main(e) would be fine.

@unspokenbond thanks, hopefully we'll get some quicker reacting AI soon
lua guide for GG
windows 10
warlock12
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 12:32
I have created a very powerful script that I want to share with all of you ...

-- LUA Script - precede every function and global member with lowercase name of script + '_main'
-- appear script - does nothing.

function Happy_New_Year_init(e)
end

function Happy_New_Year_main(e)
PROMT (Best wishes for health, success and happiness for the whole community of this forum GAMEGURU !!! ")
end

SmallG... As a script I think it does not work ... but as wishes ... the magic is possible ... a VERY BIG hug for everyone !!
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the long wait for a response. The error message I get with the airstrike script when using the binoculars(Runtime error 501:Image number 96000). I have no clue what that means? I would love to use it. If you could take a look at it for me? That would be awesome! Thanks
Jim C

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:30:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:30:32