Scripts / [STICKY] Smallg's free scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks again Smallg !

do these codes works with 3rd person character ?
I mean on the "moving platform script", do the caracter can move with animations on the platform ?

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2015 17:53 Edited at: 30th Nov 2015 17:55
Quote: "do these codes works with 3rd person character ?"

yep

@all
taking suggestions for a while - especially once the new update with the extra commands gets added so let me know now what you would like to see added
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline

Smallg,

I just tried the platform-moving script using 3rd person character and there is strange issue...

The character doesn't follow the movement of the platform moving left-right or forward-backward...
Looks like he slipped on the platform...

Only up-down works fine !

Also, how to ensure that the platform remains horizontal... without the weight of the character above ?

Thanks !

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
you need to make the platforms immobile (i added that edit after the original post because i forgot)
and no the player isn't supposed to move with the platforms... it's a trap / challenge, you need to move him in game.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2015 19:42
Quote: "and no the player isn't supposed to move with the platforms... it's a trap / challenge, you need to move him in game."

Hopefully "AssociatePlayer" command, comes someday. I'm going very patient.......................

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
Or else, find a way to the player have the same movement than the platform, using something like :

g_PlayerPosX = g_PlayerPosX + speed ==> in forward direction of the platform
g_PlayerPosX = g_PlayerPosX - speed ==> in backward direction of the platform

I have to try how its possible to do it...

Thanks !
PM
stascreator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2015 08:40
Many thanks smallg, I am pleased that the Community GameGuru, there are many people ready to help with different things. You have created a lot of great scripts that help realize the things that are not yet added to the GG. For example allies, transport, teleport, and this system of waves of enemies that you have done at my request, etc. I hope that the community GameGuru will develop further, and there will be a lot of talented people like you! That's all
(Translated by Google Translator)
PM
Pink Panther
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks smallg! These are so great!
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2015 16:58
Thanks smallg.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 07:00
Hey smallg, since u said
Quote: "@all
taking suggestions for a while"

RailShooter/Runner

Script Functions: Forward direction should perform on a always on basis. Player walks endles (following) waypoints or from triggerzone to triggerzone)

Movement: User should be only able to use sprint/jump keys and the left/right keys should just turn 5 degree when used.

Direction changes should only happen when player reaches a triggerzone where its set to turn 90 or - 90/ 180, -180.
When entering a direction trigger, a hud (image please)should pop up with a timer, the player gets 3 seconds to press enter todo the direction change, if he fails then set it to play a death animation.

To summ it up the direction should not be changeable by the player itself, only when the player enters a triggerzone that contains the direction change and even then it should be done by pressing enter when the timer pops up.

I know this is quite something but it would be the borzh for endless running and railshooting in GG.
Thank you for your time smallg
http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 08:01 Edited at: 4th Dec 2015 08:04
Quote: "RailShooter/Runner

Script Functions: Forward direction should perform on a always on basis. Player walks endles (following) waypoints or from triggerzone to triggerzone)

Movement: User should be only able to use sprint/jump keys and the left/right keys should just turn 5 degree when used.

Direction changes should only happen when player reaches a triggerzone where its set to turn 90 or - 90/ 180, -180.
When entering a direction trigger, a hud (image please)should pop up with a timer, the player gets 3 seconds to press enter todo the direction change, if he fails then set it to play a death animation.

To summ it up the direction should not be changeable by the player itself, only when the player enters a triggerzone that contains the direction change and even then it should be done by pressing enter when the timer pops up.

I know this is quite something but it would be the borzh for endless running and railshooting in GG.
Thank you for your time smallg"

I don't think this can be done, I'm pretty sure I've seen almost exactly this asked for before and the response (I think it was even smallg that responded but i'm not sure) was that it couldn't be done because there's no lua command to control the characters movement, the only move command being entity al only. I might be worng but i'm sure that is what I read.

Edit: sorry I was thinking of something else.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 13:50 Edited at: 4th Dec 2015 13:53
Quote: "To summ it up the direction should not be changeable by the player itself, only when the player enters a triggerzone that contains the direction change and even then it should be done by pressing enter when the timer pops up."

well it's not perfect because we can't control or set the player (camera) rotation but it works? maybe you can get a game idea/video together and mail it to Lee and convince him to add camera rotations to the Lua system

sorry the scripts are messy as i was kinda learning as i went
- you have player.lua which should be set on any character (it'll be hidden so don't worry) then set the 'ifused' field to the same as his 'name'
- place the start marker nearby
- set some normal waypoints as the track for the player to follow
p.s. it seems to be really quick when you press enter fast (when prompted) but for some reason there's a slight delay the longer you take, this isn't intentional i just don't know why it does it.

-obstacle.lua is used for the crates i was jumping over (it's optional though)

- rail_checkpoint.lua is used to save the player's progress, works like a normal checkpoint except custom script (again, optional)

i commented the player.lua script settings so you can adjust it to your needs, you'll find the image folder in the init(e) part (i used "rail move" but you can change it to anything if you create your own folder)

(obviously im not jumping and dying on purpose to show the mechanics)
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Attachments

Login to view attachments
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 14:32
Hey thanks, it works pretty good and is perfect start for a railshooter/ endless runner type of game

i see we will have to get Lee to open up the camera to lua, was just wondering regarding sprint if its gonna be possible to use it when the next gg version comes out?

Will look forward to cookin somethin up with your scripts, thanks smallg!!!
http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 13:40 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 13:52
1. melee attack with the new hit system can you create a system where the more you go up in progression so does the chance of hitting the head? a skill thing but then each enemy needs to have a unique defence etc. so you can harden the monsters. just a thought.

2. and for huds can you create an image for the entity when in proximity and remove when out. for instance an orc comes into your sights and his. and when he starts on you his image and stuff displays till either dead or walks off etc?

3. if you have a monster who has 2 or 3 different attacks, 1 being typical attack another a freeze and another a death blow. type monster, this will create a better choice of attack and broad for all to use if they have different attack models.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
traps
-----------------------------------
1. spike floor trap, that pops up and spears the player

2. floor piece, timer to drop, as in platforms that collpase and drop away after a time. good for croc type games, (activated when stand on)

3. i could not get a slow ceiling crusher to work, as in indiana jones and temple of doom slowly kills you. and if i want the spikes to come out as the ceiling hits a certain height will i just have 2 seperate entities or do you animate and have as 1?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spells and things

4. can you create a light spell? with a timer for duration?

5. a flight spell? with duration?

6. can you have play dead enemies, that lay dead and get up and attack when close?

i am just throwing ideas at you here.

7. also camera shake to work entity ie a huge walking monster or with the boulders rolling or falling. or fall to death.

8. a tarzen swing like in tomb raider

9. a super jump spell, with timer

10. poison hit system that slowly drains till antidote

11. can

12. armour class

these are ideas i can certainly use and i am sure others too, any of these would be very welcomed and appreciated

sb
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 16:10 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 16:11
Quote: "
2. floor piece, timer to drop, as in platforms that collpase and drop away after a time. good for croc type games, (activated when stand on)"

falling platform

same as the vanishing platforms, set them at the required starting place and immobile = yes

Quote: "traps
-----------------------------------
1. spike floor trap, that pops up and spears the player
3. i could not get a slow ceiling crusher to work, as in indiana jones and temple of doom slowly kills you. and if i want the spikes to come out as the ceiling hits a certain height will i just have 2 seperate entities or do you animate and have as 1?"

number 1 is much easier if i had a model that animates to fire spikes - any1 want to be kind enough to supply 1?
the trap_wall script for number 3 i already did i believe? it doesnt animate though.

Quote: "can you have play dead enemies, that lay dead and get up and attack when close?"

i like this 1, i will add it soon
Quote: "8. a tarzen swing like in tomb raider"

sure, again.

Quote: "7. also camera shake to work entity ie a huge walking monster or with the boulders rolling or falling. or fall to death. "

would require some specific circumstances.. it's possible but i dont think it'd work too great right now.

Quote: "4. can you create a light spell? with a timer for duration? "

no but i will be adding scripts to control the flashlight after the next update (needing batteries and flickering

Quote: "2. and for huds can you create an image for the entity when in proximity and remove when out. for instance an orc comes into your sights and his. and when he starts on you his image and stuff displays till either dead or walks off etc?"
etc)
technically we can do this already but it'd be better to wait for the next update, i think moshroom will likely be adding this to his scripts

Quote: "1. melee attack with the new hit system can you create a system where the more you go up in progression so does the chance of hitting the head? a skill thing but then each enemy needs to have a unique defence etc. so you can harden the monsters. just a thought. "

it'll have to wait for the next update but yes i dont see why not, a simple variable check to see if you are "skilled" enough to actually apply a headshot should work.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
Smallg,

Nice script, like always...

For spikes, do you mean something like that ?

Attachments

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
That would work yh, I don't think it'll need to be animated if we just hide it beneath a fake floor panel and then raise it when triggered.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 12:16
will have you one this afternnon
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 14:23
here is the animated spike floor i set it below the floor as default but it may not work as that but a freebee as i gain a lot here

anims
0 -200 up
200 -400 down

Attachments

Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

If interested ... here is one ...

Attachments

PM
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
For science boy,

With what program did you do your animation in your .X file ?

I am interested ...
thank you !
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 15:06 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 15:08
3d crafter problem is i am beffled with animating certain things so i can do basic animations, but the bones etc goodbye brain
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline

I use Milkshape 3D objects but I can't export the animation in ".X" with it...

Thank you for the info !
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 17:49 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 17:55
thanks science boy, attached the imported trap (with fpe set ready to use) and the script below

thanks too marioki, funny that you both came out with spikes that look very similar
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Attachments

Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
As we say ... great minds think alike !

Great Script Smallg !

Just a suggestion if I can...
Could you make the same kind of script with regular spikes appearing instead of the player distance detection ?
Else, to know where the spikes will appear, you can use a floor tiles like the picture that I sent yesterday as an example ...

Thanks Smallg !
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
spike_trap_auto.lua
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
I have dreamed ... Smallg did it !!!

One more time THANKS !
PM
str8savagem8
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Yo smallg, how can I use the wave script for zombies? I try to use the wave_ai.lua on them but they do not attack or do anything.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yo smallg, how can I use the wave script for zombies? I try to use the wave_ai.lua on them but they do not attack or do anything"

in the script you will see lines with comments you need to change, depending on the zombie script that works with the required zombies will effect what you write in the script
i.e. to swap to ai_fastzombie.lua it'll look like this....
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

str8savagem8
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
You're the man, thanks!
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "6. can you have play dead enemies, that lay dead and get up and attack when close?"

this sounded fun but zombies are such a pain to work with that it didn't really work so well (also couldnt get the new reverse animations to work either so i had to do it manually)

only really works for the clown but here you go anyway
ai_fake_dead.lua

as you can see i used a mixture of normal clowns and the "dead" clowns... the get up speed is a touch slow for video purposes but you can adjust the "speed" and the range.
also allowed for the new radar, they only show when they start getting up
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Attachments

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 22:54
You Always amazed me with something new... and on the radar really cool.....

Harry
Harry
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 23:41
now thats magic! ( paul daniels catch phrase) a naff 80s magician. thank you small g
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2015 14:50
Ago time Left from smallg's library, anyway everytime I comes, I got some goodies.
Thank you mate.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2015 16:49 Edited at: 10th Dec 2015 17:18
smallg is awesome, I just want to kidnap him, lock him in my basement and make him script for food!

"It puts the script on the USB stick or it gets the hose"

Or go all Kathy Bates on him ..

"I'm your number one fan. There's nothing to worry about. You're going to be just fine. I will take good care of you. I'm your number one fan."

Hmn, interesting thought there, anyone want to make a sledgehammer weapon for me?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "smallg is awesome, I just want to kidnap him, lock him in my basement and make him script for food!

"It puts the script on the USB stick or it gets the hose"

Or go all Kathy Bates on him ..

"I'm your number one fan. There's nothing to worry about. You're going to be just fine. I will take good care of you. I'm your number one fan."

Hmn, interesting thought there, anyone want to make a sledgehammer weapon for me? "

ROFL, thanks I think
Sounds like I might be the one needing a sledge hammer to escape the basement though
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 16:51
Quote: "the trap_wall script for number 3 i already did i believe? it doesnt animate though."

alas i can not get it to go up or down rotated in game from all sides and it only goes horizontal in movement.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 23:43 Edited at: 14th Mar 2016 20:57
let's take control of the flash light
limited flash light life with replaceable batteries (plus an optional limit on maximum amount you can hold) and optional flickering light.

set an object to always active and give it flashlight.lua
set a sound a slot 0 for replacing the batteries and a sound at slot 1 for the clicking on and off if you wish.
press f to toggle the flashlight as normal
hold f to replace the battery (can be done at any time but you wont be able to return to a previous battery so use with care)

optionally add some batteries around your map to allow the player to continue using his flash light
give these flashlight_battery.lua
set the 'name' to a number to allow for easy adjusting of the drain rates - so you can have limited supply of heavy duty batteries maybe along with some normal ones - or simply edit it in the script and instantly have them all the same.
add a sound at slot 1 for picking up effect if you wish

lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 23:46
Did I remember to tell you I love you lately smallg?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 23:34
Hmn, it doesn't seem to work for me.

The main script just doesn't do anything, nothing happens to the flashlight, no text, no errors, nothing.

and if I set an object as a battery I get "scriptbank\Flashlight\flashlight_battery.lua:19: attempt to call global 'PlayerLooking' (a nil value)".
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
make sure the object with the flashlight.lua is not static (green) and always active.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 02:48 Edited at: 13th Dec 2015 02:48
Got it thanks smallg.

Something I noticed though, it doesn't seem to like some items being used as batteries, it will work on the milk carton, but won't work on the mountain dew can I have, looking at them they're almost identical except for the actual model, the fpe they use is exactly the same apart from the lines ponting at the model and textures, it's baffling.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
It should work for anything within reason (as long as you can get close to it), can you post a screenshot of the can in your map with the properties open?
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 14:36
that is amazing smallg, i was going to work on a battery script for the flashlight, but you beat me to it excellent as always.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 14:45 Edited at: 13th Dec 2015 14:51
I need help with this player transport script
Because at any new level loading the fly going to a different height,
and the player weapon can't be moved up or down when he's in that transport mode.
I've used this adapted script for escape with a helicopter:

I have no clue what is wrong in this script
Can do you help me please ? I need to got the same flying height or to I can move my weapon up-down,
and the player can shoot it the enemy placed on that church.
Thanks in advance.
Here is a short video example where you can see the different flying height at every level restart:

Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fps/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 16:45
Quote: "It should work for anything within reason (as long as you can get close to it), can you post a screenshot of the can in your map with the properties open?"

Just figured it out, it was the model, the label position is under the ground on that model and only appears when you approach it at a certain angle, no idea why though.

Attachments

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 17:22 Edited at: 13th Dec 2015 17:31
ah ok so the entity origin (0,0,0 in the program it was made in) is actually a lot lower than the can is.
so i will just move the prompt for the battery, no problem.

p.s. i plan to add a second flashlight script to include sprites instead of text for the stats soon.

@larry, there's nothing wrong with the script, it's just how TransportToIfUsed(e) works, the X angle is always reset while the command is called.
this is one you'll have to ask Lee nicely to change
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 18:06
Actually looking at it, it's not below the ground, it's actually away from the model to the front of it I think, here's another picture...

Attachments

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 21:20 Edited at: 14th Dec 2015 16:40
Need more than a radar? how about a full map of your lovely level?
updated to include fog of war

1. create an image for the actual map background
to easily create an accurate map image zoom out and take a picture of your level (best to do this without zones and markers if possible if taking a picture from the editor, otherwise try f9 mode)
2. create an image to use as the player icon and another (optional) icon for the enemies
player icon will rotate so a directional icon is good, enemies wont rotate yet (as no way to get rotation from stock yet) so a circular icon is good.
3. create an (optional) image to use as fog of war (a simple square is all i used)
4. place a non-static entity with map.lua and set it always active
5. press M in game to open the map

as you can see the map can be resized and moved via script settings and will still work correctly
it can also (optionally) be moved in game via the mouse (left click and drag) if you have no weapon equipped.

if i get chance i will take a look at the objectives code and see if i can add that too.

map.lua

life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Attachments

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 22:50
That is truly lovely and amazing...a map....
awesome.....

harry
Harry
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:00:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:00:55