Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [U3] Relict

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 00:31 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 14:18
The rambling old storyline is no longer relevant. Just take this short tagline as a placeholder:

Quote: "In a world ravaged by an eighteen year long war, 2 decade's ago, now being divided by the clash between
magic and technologie, a young thief named Victor has been burdened to serve as a vital tool to save the world from an ominous ancient threat returning from its damnation.

...it came to my attention that this story thingie is too general so lets get into detail:

You are a thief born and raised in the swampcountry Samweyr which is one of the poorest land's there are. It has a lot of swamp, little population and a lot of poverty. After the bloodmoon wars those who are able to cast magic rule the people as it has always been. Those who can cast magic without being part of a royal blood line or priesthood get sentenced to death. (convicted for sorcery and witchcraft). The general public believes that the nobles are blessed by the gods, and those who can work magic in the lower classes are possessed by demons. Fear allowed them to control people. Technology however, the new machines allow the general public to be independent, to live without being controlled by those who can work magic. It is clear that aritocrathy want to undermine any effort the scientists make and studying mechanics and machinery is outlawed as herasy)

The truth is that all human beings, trained enough can cast magic, most would only be able to telepathically move a glass after decades of training, others are more potent. The more potent you are, the more connected you are to the spirit world (in lag of a better therm) so it is more likely that you can be possessed or corrupted by an evil entitie.
The protagonist himself has been possessed by a demon in a moment of pure hatred and sheer raged. He was setting the thugs who murdered his daughter on fire...with his bare hands. They burned down to the bones within seconds. In a night, in which all people close to the veil of ghosts have been recruted by a once prisoned demonic force gathering in the shadows, waiting to strike to pave the way for their demonic rulers. Only the demon corrupting the mind of Victor is facing a different goal as she suddenly discovers sympathy for her host... the two form a bond to stop the invasion and to save Victor's kind.

The first game in the series (if a series will spawn from this) plays in the abbey of murhakar where young nobles and kings are teached in the art of magic and where they study for their future roles as Aristocrats. The abbey is heavily guarded by the legion and overseen by a coven of elite mages. Even though the abbey grew into its own little state over the century's (think vatican) it has originally only built to hide a secret guarded by the coven pretending to be only in charge of the recruitment of mages.
Underneath the abbey, deep within a maze of cavestructures lies a huge inverted pyramid built by an ancient, long lost, civilisation.

Sunken in the ground within the millions of years that passed, this temple hides the only weapon needed to ban the invasive demonic force... and it can only be wielded by someone with demonic blood. (you guessed it)

"

I will copy in the new screenshots and then include the lates update to this post.

I won't copy in everything I have on my blog and on moddb, if you have any questions, I would love to answer them

HUGE IMAGE PLEASE CLICK

Alright, thats the vital part. You can see more stuff here
and here

Latest News:

This week I have been mostly busy experimenting with various settings/postprocessing for the setting and again: Creating new media for my game. Its something I will most likely keep doing for the next few month's. I have started an Alpha Version of the cave entrance (with the energie field...somebody might remember this, its somewhere in this thread). I will incorporate a lot of stuff I really liked in other fantasy games in this one aswell so be ready to see a lot of huge statues and surreal vegetation in the caves

Gameplay wise, I have been adjusting some of the characters movement and jumping height. There is also a really rough version of "picking stuff up" already in the game.

But well, I guess I can interest you guys more in some images.

You remember the old courtyard on page 1 ?

Its now a bit different:

As for some new indoor shots:

This week, I will focus some more on the first levelbits and on an early version of an inventory.

Thanks for checking this out, feel free to post

-Wolf

CAUTION: CONTENT BELOW IS OUTDATED

Hi!

Its me and I'm finally presenting my new Project I have in the oven.

Story

You play as Victor (Son of Elias , reincarnation of Ramon) a young cleric of the order of the divine light, adept in the arts of magic and spiritual powers in the Cloister of Murakar in the Land Sha'hrath. One day, the abbey you live in is attacked by an unknown force leading merciless knights to murder the adepts and their masters and to find something…
As you might You didn't know, that the whole cloister is only a charade and the preachers of the divine light are actually disguised watchers. Underneath the mighty Abbey, there is a huge ancient upside down pyramid, once built by the coldblooded ones and long forgotten. It is hiding a mighty ancient relict. That, in the wrong hands, might be powerful enough to annihilate whole landscapes in the blink of an eye, or even worse, open a gate to worlds apart that should never be known by a living being.
You survived the attack because you had a secret and morally reprehensible, in the limited mind of your fellow humans, relationship to an Elven girl.
It is up to you now to master the power of magic and wield the blade to stop the forces of evil and of course, to survive.

Features

*Mystical and Dark Ambience (no colorfull furry ponys and elves in pink robes here )
*Dialogues, short side quests and hand to hand combat
*Parcour and Puzzle based gameplay
* Nice Effects!Fire,Water, Magical Energys, Rain, Lightray, Fog...this game will have it all
*A lot of animals (small and large ones)
*Outdoor levels
*Selfmade models, paintings and a huge load of retextures to give this game its own look

A few first Screenshots

I try to give the whole thing a medival athmosphere...its not that easy in FPSC. That girl is wearing the default robe of an adebt.

One of the Abbey's Courtyards.I'm not done with it

I try to keep the levels as dynamic and vivid as I can...NPC's like this girl do have Multiple Choice Dialogues...I dont yet know if the game will have Voiceacting..depending on how many people I can gather to help me out on that.

I dont know why, but I like this shot.

Hallway...its still almost empty. If you look, you can see a little rose on the dagger. Thats the kind of detail I want to have everywhere in this game. (Dagger by EAI)

The lightrays here are much too transparent...so they are almost invisible I have to change that, and update this shot on friday.

Sadly, this image is too dark..but it shows the Cloisters dystillerie.

So! I'll update this in 3 days...
I hope to read some comments then

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 01:22
Wow wolf, this looks really good. You have to tell us how you make all these affects. I will be watching this one!

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 01:43
Wow, how do you manage to keep churning out such high quality games?!!

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 02:22
As always, Your stuff looks great. Nice details and ambience.

Nothing but coffee in my veins
Flashfire07
Years of Service
User Offline
This is stunning work! I'm curious to see how the dialouge works
Layken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 20:11
you make demo?
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow this remember me to Risen.Nice picture Wolf.

Hello
RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2010 15:49
Looks like a new BOTB game to me

Chad99
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks good (as always).

The story sounds very interesting and I think this is an very setting for the FPSC.
Propably I will not be able to play it, but I will enjoy the screens in this thread

PS: I want pink Ponys!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2010 18:47
Nice to see something from you that is not sci-fi or... hell or something... anyway!

The shots look great! Altho the wall in the 2nd shot seems a bit repetive... maby put some PWP's cracks (lol) there or retex some of the textures to have some details. It's not a big complaint, it's not that bad, but still, I got to say something.

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2010 19:36 Edited at: 10th Nov 2010 19:36
*counting my thumbs.... 1 ... 2...* oh well, only two thumbs up

RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2010 12:56
What's your secret Wolf ?!
How do you make such amazing graphics with FPSC ?! :o

Please apologize my bad english, I'm French.

ELDORA Rocks !
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Pract.... pract....ice

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe he make lightmapping into 100.

Hello
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 14:48
Infact, I was wondering how to get this noisy effect on the textures, with a 2D editing program like Gimp or Photoshop ?

Please apologize my bad english, I'm French.

ELDORA Rocks !
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 15:19
you can do it in photoshop. I use photoshop myself to retexture or make a texture.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Friday...

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 00:42 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2012 22:37
Quote: "You have to tell us how you make all these affects"

I will, Abdul Ahad brought up the idea that I could open a random tutorial thread. I will do so as soon as I find some spare time.
I'm currently getting a few new packs together...its been a while since I released some free media

Quote: "Wow, how do you manage to keep churning out such high quality games?!!"

I don't watch tv

Quote: "I'm curious to see how the dialouge works"

The text is script based, so you won't have the HUD Overkill I had
in the first Shavra. There will be voice acting if I get enough people together to help me out there.
You will have 3 dialogue keys (I don't know which ones) with which you can choose you're answers.

Quote: "you make demo? "

Yes! There will be a beta Demo for this community. Just like I did for Euthanasia.

Quote: "Propably I will not be able to play it"

Why? If its due to the performance:, there will be customizable (I hope I wrote that right) settings for this one

Quote: "I want pink Ponys! "

You get what you ask for, and in the face!
Quote: "
The shots look great! Altho the wall in the 2nd shot seems a bit repetive... maby put some PWP's cracks (lol) there or retex some of the textures to have some details. It's not a big complaint, it's not that bad, but still, I got to say something."

There will be somes small statues builded in the wall there and depending on the performance I could add some Ivy growing on those walls thanks for the hint!

Quote: "*counting my thumbs.... 1 ... 2...* oh well, only two thumbs up "

thanks

Quote: "Maybe he make lightmapping into 100."

I don't really know what you are trying to tell me. But I use really low settings:

I guess some people are surprised now

Quote: "Infact, I was wondering how to get this noisy effect on the textures, with a 2D editing program like Gimp or Photoshop ?"

I do it in Paintshop. Its like Photoshop, you can get it for 10 Bucks on Ebay. I would recommend Photoshop thought, its more userfriendly and has some more features. I just use PaintShop because EVERYONE uses Photoshop. Thats also the reason why I never tried out Source Engine...
The Gimp is a good and FREE Choice too.

Update

I'm ALIVE!!
Yes, I'm back and its weekend so I have all the time to be a complete f[deleted]g i[deleted]t
So basically, here's the new stuff:

A few Details

The game takes place in the province Samweyr. It is the smallest province of the country Sha'hrath, where mountains and forests are dominating the land.
The Architecture is human but it has a lot elvish influences.
The deep forests and swamps (there is also a huge swampland in the centre of Samweyr ) are still hiding some reptilian temple ruins.
The Coldblooded ones are protectors of the ancient world, sacrificed by their own leader to stop an unknown attacking force from another dimension. There are only a few small Canae colony's in
Sha'hrath. The Canae do not fancy cope well in the winter.

The Main Character:
Victor is a human being born in Grevem, a small town near the Cloister. His father Elias died in the Bloodmoon war 14 years ago and left Victor alone. At the age of 12, he joined the cloister and was the youngest adept that has ever been admitted.
He proved that he was talented and intelligent in the arts of combat, magic and almost everything that they'd been teaching in the abbey. (Except for math, which he fails at.) He fell in love with an Elven girl, and not just any Elven girl, but an elite warrior that came to study in the cloisters library.
Her name is Myrielle. At the age of 20, both where engaged to another, even though people hate to see interracial relationships in Sha'hrath. (They kill people who do this in some cities). The Order of the Holy Light has to accept such marriages...so it is written.

The Villain:
(Contains spoilers)

The Prince Cahed has been thought killed in the Bloodmoon wars, but he wasn't. He vanished for years, but now he is back. He is not the young, good warrior he used to be.
Something is moving under your skin when you only see him from the corner of your eye. His very own eyes seem dead, but still there is some fury burning inside them that can send shivers down the spine of any man.
Something is inside him, something controlling him…
The Demon Rakash is possessing him. An ancient entity, with a pitch black soul. He wants the Heart of darkness for some yet reason still unknown.

The Holy Light:
It is the source of all that exists and will exist, oversoul.

The Three Gods:

Amriel : God of the Light, Love, creationism and unity. Protector of the poor, the helpless and the ill.
Shamandalynn: Goddess of sexuality, knowledge, passion and nature. Protector of Balance. Protector of artists, poets, thieves and other chaotic folks. She is also the weaver of the spirit stream, she who leads the souls of the dead to reincarnation.
Angorion: God of the underworld, he who came from the dark dimension. God of hate, war, destruction, violence and insanity.
Protector of the Evil and Honorless.

The Heart Of Darkness:
(Contains spoilers)

The Heart of darkness is an ancient artifact made by the coldblooded one Cha'tah'mar. Leader of the lizard men who were living on this planet ages ago. No one knows exactly how they perished but it is known that the somehow opened a gate to the demonic underworld, so demons were able to incarnate on the planet.
The Heart of Darkness is a black sun. Small as an apple, but if activated, strong enough to wipe every living being from a planet, and the only way to defeat the demons. The lizardmen chose that if they die anyway, that the demon's should not get this world, so they used this sun.
It is not yet known where the Heart of Darkness is actually from.

The Bloodmoon War:
It was a terrible global war, fought for illusions and ideologies that are now seen as heresy. It became the result of the separation of the races from this world. They feared each other, so they started to hate each other, so this war started. It took 18 years for it to end . Now, the races are not unified. There is still much racism, but there is a beginning, some first signs of peace.

The Races:

Humans:
Self explanatory.

Elves:
They look a lot like humans, only a little thinner and they have much larger ears. They are far more resistant against energetically influenced and are better mages than human beings.
They are far more intelligent, faster and wiser than humans. Their weaknesses are physical weakness, they tend to have unsteady characters and are often drifting in depressions.
They are far more nature connected than most humans.

Canae (Dogmen, Wolfmen):
From the east come the Canae. They are technically highly evolved and live in giant temple cities. Their appearance might be frightening on the first sight, but their language is really soft and they tend to have enjoyable etiquettes.
Their whole society is built on honour, pride and wisdom. They have strict hierarchical orders that everyone has to follow. Even though they are always leaded by an alpha male, they honour and worship their women.
The Canae do usually not like human beings. In their home country, they are still having human slaves.

Coldblooded Ones (Lizard men):
People from an ancient civilisation. Little is known about those Lizard men. Their society was built on logic and intelligence. They had feelings, but emotional things and hard feelings were far less important to them than to humans. This might make them seem bold and gruesome, but they just different. Love, Friendship and Family has had not that much meaning, but it existed. They were more fixed on development, wisdom and honour.

Hybrids etc.
Nurrhia:
Weak demon incarnates, created in the Bloodmoon war by summoning demon spirits in human and animal remains.
Ramnae:
An ancient curse brought by Angorion on the women of the city Ryimesh. They gave birth to Ox headed monsters that where lusting for flesh from the very moment of their birth.
The curse has been broken and they have been sealed away in the sewers and catacombs of the city, 300 years ago.

MORE TO COME! FIRST POST WILL ALSO BE UPDATED SOON! STAY TUNED!!

And because I know that most people do not read what I write here...
here are some screens:

The statue is holding the first book of the holy codex all Abbeymembers must follow. It has the 10 Mainrules in it I'm way too lazy to write down now.

Another part of the library where you're first mission starts. It s not yet fully done.

The other codex books...these are huge ancient manuscripts every adebt must read. (fear not...Not the player has to read all these XD) That furniture thingie is made by cheese cake...I haven't seen him for a while, btw.

Check those tats! I love tattoos...I have a huge Wolf on my shoulder myself . Those super clean standart arms didn't fit a medival hero...but I also didn't want him to be "dirty"...Vulk is supposed to be a ladykiller

So yeah...I would actually like you to read what I wrote up there even though its probably gramatically awful.

And I finally know what my Novel will be about I'm on page one...since 5 months =D

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 00:52 Edited at: 13th Nov 2010 00:57
Hey wolf, i'm glad someone is finally trying to to an medieval/fantasy RPG- okay, maxi also tried it, but i guess his game thread is pretty much dead... The only thing i'm wondering about is the fact that it does not sound like blood,gore and horror which is your typical metier- but well, if it becomes the next oblivion i'm also satisfied.

enough chit chat, fasten your seatbelt and get ready for some critique:
Well... i like the features, especially the last one XD but (i know,WIP)don't really like the outdoor screen, since the wall is too blocky and repetitive, but screenshot 6 and 8 are plain awesome, if the game is going to become like that, you are just going to hear: dowantdowantdowant!

keep it up,
Daniel

PS: damn, just finished writing and there is something new...okay... wtf? Bethesda softworks told me they want their game back! and you're damn right about the tats , maybe you could put a photo of it on devianart, im curious how wolfs wolf looks XD

it's not metal just because it sounds like explosive diarrhea.
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
According to my feelings, the arms with the tatoos rather look more like a modern-day gangster than a medieval character.

The visual quality of your screens is... quite ok.

Just kidding, Kick-Ass!

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 10:56
Those are big forearms
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "lightmaptexsize=256
lightmapquality=32"

Sorry Iam wrong wolf.Anyway I think if you sell this game,It will be popular game!

The game has such high quality and good graphic I think this will be BOTB

Hello
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 15:33
wow, great use of lighting and bond1's bloom shader

good frame rates matter...
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 16:21
Quote: "Those are big forearms "
If you were swinging swords around all day, I bet you too would have big forearms.

Wolf, the game looks great.

FPS Creator Games
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW

Matthew Torres
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 03:00 Edited at: 17th Nov 2010 03:01
Quote: "does not sound like blood,gore and horror which is your typical metier"

There will be some in there, trust me

Quote: "the next oblivion i'm also satisfied."

Woah dude! this is still fpsc

Quote: "maybe you could put a photo of it on devianart, im curious how wolfs wolf looks XD"

Ah well... maybe I should! As soon as I get a good idea for a photo with me topless, I do it.
A shame that it ain't allowed to show pictures of yourself...otherwise I would upload one here.

Thanks for the crits dude!
Have you checked the new german board yet?

CLICK RIGHT HERE

Quote: "Those are big forearms "

I could make a joke here...but I guess I get modslapped so yeah:

its from swordswinging (thanks darimc )

Quote: "Just kidding, Kick-Ass! "

Thanks a lot!

Quote: "
Anyway I think if you sell this game,It will be popular game!

The game has such high quality and good graphic I think this will be BOTB"

Thanks! But my stuff will always be free

Quote: "wow, great use of lighting and bond1's bloom shader"

Thanks there!

So yes! I've been retexturing a lot.

Basically because the medival packs I bought here on TGC use a resolution of 2024*2024...which is WAY too high for static objects... so I had to rescale them and play my usual tricks on it.
That way it doesn't consume that much memory. 512*512 is enough for most stuff...keep it in mind kids

I also made almost all the charactertextures you will see some more in the next update.

So, there is nothing to show today, so I show you a book
This shows how much details and little stuff I want to add everywhere in the game:

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 05:40
Quote: "I could make a joke here...but I guess I get modslapped so yeah"

Ha.

Looks really really good!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good from the screenshots yet another great game.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 22:34
Thanks you two

Okay, time for a small update I can also present some characters I have retextured so far, but lets start with some Screenshots

A rune desk...these runes will be used later to cast spells.

You know that you're a badass when you have a stripping gal forged in your blade. What? Some B-Movie flair should never be missing.

Another Library Room.

Lady Nymorra...she gives you you're first mission.
Sadly the characters appear really dark in 1.17...I sure hope this will be fixed in 1.18

Another library room

Library Hallway.

Characters

Time to show some of the Retextures Chars I made so far.

Myrielle

The Elvengirl the Maincharacter is in Love with.

Flowery silk/Latexrobe, Mythril Armorparts, Leatherbikini and emerald necklace.

Lady Nymorra

Highpriest and experienced Mage from the Abbey...

Silkrobe and silverjewelry

Random Scholars and Adebts

MALE

FEMALE

These are the new recruits in the abbey... basic widemeshed clothes.

All models made by bond1

-Wolf

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 22:52
your work is absolutely beautiful. just amazing retexturing.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
LondonKid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 11:26
One word.....AWESOME !!!!!

Absolutely brilliant...The art - the textures - all great...

Well Done Wolf!

I have seen you other pieces of work also - and am quiet amazed at the quality and time spent on them...

Yes - it woudl be a great idea to do a tutorial thread/PDFs for us mere mortals on how you went about designing one of your such masterpieces...especially on texturing and the modelling side of things...

Nice one Dude...

~LK~
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 13:40
Pretty neat (as always XD), the only thing that bothers me is that the flower picture and the blue windows don't mix well with the rest of the scene. The eye tats could also be a bit more subtle, maybe a faded grey would give a better impression. Besides that, it's funny to see the same people in the german forum than before^^ although i have to say that i prefer the english forum, because the overall tone is much friendlier and modest, something that has gone missing in the german board a few years ago.

it's not metal just because it sounds like explosive diarrhea.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 16:31
Looks great. My only criticism is that Myrielle looks a tab too skinny and that her face looks a little manly xd
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 23:46 Edited at: 19th Nov 2010 01:12
Quote: "your work is absolutely beautiful. just amazing retexturing.
"

Thank you!

Quote: "I have seen you other pieces of work also - and am quiet amazed at the quality and time spent on them...

Yes - it woudl be a great idea to do a tutorial thread/PDFs for us mere mortals on how you went about designing one of your such masterpieces...especially on texturing and the modelling side of things..."

First thing her voice actrice noticed too Not sure that I can do something about it..maybe different lip textures...we'll see.

But hey! Its another Race, and they need some reason to hate Vulk for being with her XD

Thank you a lot! I will see what I can do

Quote: "Looks great. My only criticism is that Myrielle looks a tab too skinny and that her face looks a little manly xd "

Quote: " Besides that, it's funny to see the same people in the german forum than before^^ although i have to say that i prefer the english forum, because the overall tone is much friendlier and modest, something that has gone missing in the german board a few years ago."

What? You don't like kindergarten? Well...yes, but only due to some "special" people we have there...I can't blame you for prefering this board though

Thanks for the comment... yes, the tattoos seem too dominant =/ hmm...maybe I give it a rerun

-Wolf

warsow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 02:10
Remind me morrowind... really really great wolf, the best medieval screens i have ever seen from FPSC good job like always

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 10:55
Thanks warsow! Yes! Morrowind has an awesome setting. I love all those giant insects, the abstract architecture and the complex storyline.

This game isn't inspired by it though

Small Update

So, it was a boring weekend for me, thats why I worked on the game a bit. A lot of Scriptwriting and Weapon fixing... and only very little mapping, thats why there is not much to show yet

But, there is a little something I want to share with you:

The Lightspell

One of the first halfway done spells in the game.
Summon a cute little flare in the palm of your hand to light you're environement. Because torches are boring anyway

Its still beta! The full version won't light the are up that much and the light will be a little more cyanblue.

All thanks to Errant AI for the awesome spell kit.

Well yeah... and to finish this post: a boring screenshot

-Wolf

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well yeah... and to finish this post: a boring screenshot "

Thats not boring screenshot.That was awsome screenshot!.All your games are superb.

Hello.There is my pics.And nice to meet all modeller,designer and many more
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 00:56
I am really looking forward to play this!

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 22:10
Wolf, how about posting some of your great screen shots into the TGC Gallery?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 10:32
Quote: "Thats not boring screenshot.That was awsome screenshot!.All your games are superb."

Thank you!

Quote: "I am really looking forward to play this!"

Thanks! Nice to see you still around...haven't seen you posting in a while

Quote: "Wolf, how about posting some of your great screen shots into the TGC Gallery?"

Done! Thanks for the idea

-Wolf

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 22:32
@wolf good luck with this game. I hope memory cap does not get in your way. this 1.85gb to 2gb kicking my butt.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Superb work and a great demonstration of what can be done in fpsc.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 16:26
Quote: "@wolf good luck with this game. I hope memory cap does not get in your way. this 1.85gb to 2gb kicking my butt."

No Problem, I learned my way around it while developing Euthanasia...its not a big deal actually

Quote: "Superb work and a great demonstration of what can be done in fpsc. "

Thank you!

A few fun facts about the gamplay:

* The Player can read books with multiple pages

* Outdoor Swamplevels are in development..the game will also play in new forest like outdoor levels. This will be a real challenge for me

* If the player hits a bell in the towers of the abbey with his weapon, it makes bell-noise

* There will be at least 4 different magical spells.

* The Player can collect a total of 3 healthpotions he can use.

* The Player can carry 1 special item.

* The Game will feature an interactive town splitted in 3 levels.

More to come!

Screens this evening

-Wolf

ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 18:53
Quote: "* The Player can read books with multiple pages

* Outdoor Swamplevels are in development..the game will also play in new forest like outdoor levels. This will be a real challenge for me

* If the player hits a bell in the towers of the abbey with his weapon, it makes bell-noise

* There will be at least 4 different magical spells.

* The Player can collect a total of 3 healthpotions he can use.

* The Player can carry 1 special item.

* The Game will feature an interactive town splitted in 3 levels."

I like all these features. It will be like the oblivion of the FPSC world. You will definitely have my download when available!

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 19:42
Good to know!

I'm sorry, I delay with the new screenshots until tomorrow...I'm somehow extremely tired this evening

anyway!

You can visit Relicts IndieDB Profile Page now too:

LINK

-Wolf

Gibba gobba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 03:36
very cool! i WILL play this! ive never seen so much detail in FPSC. it just goes to show that with a little hard work and imagination! FPSC can do almost anything!(sorry for sounding cliche' there...) on a different but not unrelated topic, this has got the be the single longest page of a thread ive ever seen!!!

Pingas. Period.
The Unofficial Migration Suggestion Board
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166736&b=26
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 18:10
Me likes. Just a question, how are you going to do the splitted town, is it linear or open world? If it is Ow, are u using project blues variable system to make the game remember changes when switching levels, or is there another way?

Anyway, can't wait for the actual game, peace out XD

Daniel

Israeli self defense? Isn't that Jew-do?
Ein Metaller friert nicht,
er zittert vor Wut weil es nicht kälter ist!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2010 22:24 Edited at: 27th Nov 2010 22:25
Quote: "very cool! i WILL play this! ive never seen so much detail in FPSC. it just goes to show that with a little hard work and imagination! FPSC can do almost anything!(sorry for sounding cliche' there...) on a different but not unrelated topic, this has got the be the single longest page of a thread ive ever seen!!!"

Thank you a lot // Yeah! I was wondering myself when it finally goes to page 2.

Quote: "Just a question, how are you going to do the splitted town, is it linear or open world?"

The town will be linear. The game will lead the player to some locations more and more often. I accomplish that by copying the map and making the changes I want. When everything works the way I want it to, it should feel smooth

speeking of things that work the way I want: I was working a lot on the first dungeon but there isn't anything to show there. I also worked on the first swamp level and it...well...its horrible.
Nothing works the way I want it to...the plants are sometimes black and the whole thing does not look vivid enough.

Since I didn't show much for some time: feel free to take a look at the parts of the map that did not fail that much.

The Screens also show one of the new weapons I got rigged by Abdul Ahad. So a huge thank you again
Hands and animations are by EAI and the weapons by John Fletcher.
Full list of the weapons is shown under the screenshots.

Yeah..not that great I know.

Waterlillies

There will be a lot of enemies in the swamp levels.
And a lot of nonhostile animals

Okay, here we go with the full weapons list:

Decorated Dagger
claidheamh mòr (Two Hand Sword // forged by Vulk himself)
Halberd (elite weapon of the Canae)
Battleaxe
Runedagger
Elvensword
Mace

And of course all the spells...not sure yet how I will fix that 9 guns limit...

So yeah, comments are appreciated...i will also draw a map of the places shown in the game. Maybe I can add some kind of mapfunction to it.

The Level shown above will be completely redone... so some feetback could help too

-Wolf

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 03:40 Edited at: 28th Nov 2010 03:41
Hi Wolf, it looks really good but looks a bit more like a forest than a swamp.

If I were making a swamp level, I'd go for a completely different look. I'd make it look very murky and poisonous with a palette of colour mainly consisting of yellows, browns and other colours in that range. The plants and trees would look dead and rotten and there would be bogs everywhere. I'd use a skybox similar to the stock gas one, but more of a toxic yellow. I'd also add a light smog to complete the picture.

It really depends on what your going for. I've seen a lot of pretty forest-type fantasy FPSC environments. It would be cool to see something different.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 21:13
That was actually the original idea...I wanted to have a really mossy and rotten swamp...but well... lets put it the way it is: I failed

Maybe I find some time this evening to give it another go...thanks for the input

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:20:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:20:46