Product Chat / While saving a level, most content gets deleted from the level?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. Three times I've experienced this issue with GGMax; during the saving process, almost all content gets deleted from the game level--why is that?

I have no choice but to walk away in hopes that tomorrow will prove successful, yet this is the third time now. I've just recently bought GGMax, maybe, about a week ago. I had high hopes then, but now those hopes are sadly dwindling.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is it just me?

For clarity, I'd only get as far as having 3-5 buildings and a street stretching the same length, with a couple street lamps and some trees--nothing too taxing on the engine. I keep telling myself that maybe the creators are still squashing bugs, but... this is one bad bug!
PM
Ryken
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I didn't give up. I'm leaning toward the problem being that the GGClassic content was the issue. So, I deleted the contents and only focused on using the GGMax content for the time being. So far so good. However, the problem may have stemmed from me not using the Game Creator Store Downloader, instead I had pasted the contents into the root directory, myself.

Is there a video that someone could direct me toward that shows step-by-step procedure on how and where to add custom content into GGMax's directory? I've searched Youtube, high and low, but I've only seen vague or quick guides, as opposed to any comprehensive tutorials on this topic. For instance, should the custom content go into the entitybank/user folder, along with the model files, or should the textures be separated into the texturebank folder?

Thanks in advance!

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 07:47:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 07:47:14