Work In Progress / Bugged Out

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2023 13:09 Edited at: 28th Jul 2023 07:27

Bugged Out Game Description

You play the nephew of a bizarre inventor who appears to have been developing some kind of shrink-ray in his garden shed. You were exploring at the bottom of the garden, attempting to repair the lawnmower, when you tripped and fell into the machine, accidentally setting it off and transmuting you into a mini version of yourself.

You must now go a parkour adventure to reset the machine which shrunk to a miniature size of your former self. But you have to watch out for - the BUGS!

Dev Notes
I know that there are a few 'miniature world' games out at the moment, but I had the idea for something like this a while back, and it's mostly inspired by the movie Honey, I Shrunk the Kids that was out years ago, so the other game companies can't say I'm ripping them off or anything (who in their right mind would take on Obsidian?!). Still, I was really just messing around with the scaling-up function in Game Guru and found that the entities could still fit into a game quite well stretched to maximum size. Some of the textures are a little 'rough', but I'm going to have to live with that in favour of fun gameplay and an interesting world. The insects and other creepy crawlies all look great, thanks to Dagored and Gtox's excellent work. The thing that sets it apart from the other games, I hope, will be the parkour aspect, which really works nicely and I'm enjoying testing it to fit everything together so that you can jump on these huge items like sushi rolls or spatulas to get to the next quest waypoint.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:23:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:23:02