Product Chat (Early Access) / New Blender Character Creator Template in today's EXP build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2023 23:00
Thank you, very appreciated.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2023 19:08 Edited at: 31st Aug 2023 19:16
Been getting some requests asking how the facial animation works. All facial animation is done using 13 mouth shapes, or phenomes. If you want to use your own phenomes, you just need to export 13 frames of animation with the mouth in the following poses. Using the templates, export these 13 frames as "Mouthshapes.dbo" and place them in:

For male characters: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GameGuru MAX\Files\charactercreatorplus\animations\soldiermale-common
For female characters: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GameGuru MAX\Files\charactercreatorplus\animations\soldierfemale-common

Here is a visual reference, first post updated with guide:
Taji
User Offline
Hello, I've posted this question several times on discord, but I've been directed to ask here. I see you have made character rigs for 3dsmax and Blender. I am a Maya user and was wondering if you could make a character rig for Maya's HumanIK character rigging system? It would be very much appreciated.
PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2023 18:17
Hi Taji, I don't have any experience at all with Maya, but I have a few coworkers who do. I won't have time today, but tomorrow I'll see if one of them can convert the rig to Maya if it's not too much hassle.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2023 08:18
@Taji, here you go. Thanks to a very talented guy I work with, here is the CC rig for Maya: Maya FBX Template MALE

The template is organized almost identically to the 3ds Max template, only that the Biped has been swapped out for Maya HumanIK as requested. You can use the HIK controls to animate and manipulate the skeleton, but you'll need to skin your characters to the GGMAX_BONES. Also as shown in the pic below, when you export your characters, ONLY export the meshes and GGMAX bones, don't export the HIK controls. Use the same FBX export settings for Maya as shown for 3ds Max in the PDF guides attached to the first post, since the FBX exporters are nearly identical.

One more caveat: I won't be able to help at all regarding any Maya-specific questions you might have. As I mentioned before, I have zero experience with Maya and I didn't create this rig - I'm a 3ds Max guy. That said, I did test the basemale exports from this and they loaded into the CC just fine, so hopefully this works for you - just follow the guides CAREFULLY

Taji
User Offline
No worries I have many years experience with Maya so I'm very capable in that regard. I have tested out the rig and it works beautifully. I was able to rig up a set of fantasy themed clothing for the character creator to fit the theme of my game which you can check out in my screenshots. I want to express my gratitude for making this available, I had just about given up hope on this software, so this will breathe new life into my project.

PM
Taji
User Offline
One more thing. I know this is a big ask, but is there any chance you could provide a Maya rig for the female as well? That would complete my toolset for getting my own characters into the CC.
PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2023 01:01 Edited at: 17th Nov 2023 04:33
That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know it works for you. Always nice to see custom stuff in the CC.

As for the female rig, I can probably get it for you at some point, but you really don't need it. You can just use the male rig to create female characters. The skeleton is interchangeable between the male and female, only the proportions are different in that the female has narrower shoulders, wider hips, etc. What you can do, is just grab the blender female template and export the base mesh as an obj, and import that into the Maya template to use as a guide for your clothing. Then you'd just need to make some minor changes to the skeleton to fit the proportions of the female like moving the shoulder joints, etc. It sounds like you know your way around Maya so I'm guessing this shouldn't be too difficult.
Taji
User Offline
Very good info. Great to hear that the male and female are interchangeable as that will greatly simplify my rigging pipeline. Yes I will do as you suggested for the female, won't be a problem for me at all. Thank you again for all your help.
PM
Taji
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2023 22:06 Edited at: 29th Mar 2024 03:12
I did as you suggested and it works perfectly, please check out the pics. I've created a Maya HIK template for the female and have attached it to this post, so no need for you to provide one. Thanks again!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2023 03:08 Edited at: 29th Mar 2024 03:15
Oh that's lovely! Would you mind if I hosted your female template on my google drive and included a link in the first post? I'll credit you of course.
Taji
User Offline
Sure that would be fine. You may credit Taji Singh if you wish but not necessary.
PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2023 18:19 Edited at: 4th Dec 2023 18:50
I'm finding there are still quite a few folks who are using Fragmotion, and want to export their custom characters to X format. So here are the CC rigs converted to Fragmotion, check first post for download links.

DO NOT export to FBX format with Fragmotion, it uses an older version of FBX that isn't compatible with GGMAX. For compatibility with the CC, export to X format with the following settings:
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2023 10:16
Thanks bond1, I use Fragmotion and Milkshape and this will come in very useful.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 03:14:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 03:14:47