Work In Progress / Camp Chaos

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2023 09:25 Edited at: 19th May 2023 20:36
Camp Chaos

Developer: Another Dimension Game Studio

Main Game Concept: The campsite is in utter chaos, and only YOU can save the hapless campers from calamity! Fill your lungs with the fresh scent of open meadows and vibrant pine forests as you explore the verdant, and sometimes (violent), surroundings of Camp Chaos.

Further Details: Following the frantic fun of popular classic films like Carry on Camping and Nuts in May, this quirky adventure game takes you on the authentic camping experience, meeting and interacting with all of the kooky campers, kayakking on the river, cleaning up the rubbish, digging out the sun creme, having a barbecue, uncovering an extra-terrestrial conspiracy, organising a campfire singalong and other barmy escapades.

After this, you’ll need a camping holiday to recover! (Hmm, might make a good idea for a sequel...)

Dev Notes / W.I.P. ideas:
- Day / Night cycle.
- More radiant fetch quests (difficult to know how many to include and where to stop).
- Thinking about possibly including a serial killer subplot to add suspense, but not sure it needs it and might be worth saving for the sequel.
- This is my first attempt at a Game Guru game. I've been working in RPG Maker for a while, as my coding skills are minimal, but a friend suggested Game Guru and I've enjoyed getting to grips with it. This project is my early attempt at exploring the systems available, hopefully with a fun little fetch quest adventure as a result.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bumblepuppy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2023 13:00
July 2023 Dev Update

The game and quests are coming along. I've added about 20-30 quest steps so far, and in total I've planned about 60-65, so it's about halfway there. The game captures the whole vibe of being outside in the great outdoors quite nicely, with a jaunty soundtrack and decent sound effects. The alien and U.F.O. in the clandestine facility have turned out quite neatly too. Looking for a late summer/early autumn release, all being well.
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello bumblepuppy. Nice screencaptures of your game's project with GameGuru.
It is a very pleasant and original project.

I wish you a lot of enjoyment and patience to create the final version of your game.

PM
bumblepuppy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2023 16:16
Thanks for the cool comment, Mikeven!

August 2023 Dev Update
The game's taken a bit of a slowdown in development as I'm concentrating on finishing off some old RPG Maker projects I've been working on for a long time that are just about finished. Once they're out of the way, I'll get back to this and the other few games I've got on the go. I was also working on a little summer holiday Game Guru project with my daughter that's turned out well, and is very near to being finished, so I'll post some details about that shortly. I really want to work on the night/day system in this game, which I think could possibly work really well, but I've got to get enough free time to test it all, which is very sparse at the moment. Looks more like a mid-autumn release now, which won't be so bad, I'd say. Making a few tweaks here and there, so it should get done eventually.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 22:10:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 22:10:51