Product Chat (Early Access) / GG Max crashes when I try to import ANY audio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone else have this problem?
It doesn't matter which method I use.
I recorded my screen doing it. I have tried several different files and different audio types. I have also tried just going to the "user" tab and it crashes just going there too, so I can't just drag and drop the file to the folder either. GG Max just crashes every time.
Thanks in advance, for anyone that takes a look. I hope someone can tell me what I may be doing wrong.

https://youtu.be/SUJ1LxaUn9g
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2023 21:07
Try just dropping it in your audiobank and then using it.
Importing it via any importer ain't gonna work out as well as doing it manually
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Feb 2023 10:16
Use an audio tool of your choice and convert to WAV, then drop it into your writable audiobank folder, start MAX and choose your file

Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-9700K @4.2GHz - 64GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB - 2TB NVe, 1TB NVe, 2TB Hybrid Data Drive
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Asset Manager
xRange No Nonsense Tools
IAmTheRampage
Years of Service
User Offline

@Wolf - That won't work, since when I click on "user" folder, it automatically crashes it also.
As I typed this reply out...It occured to me, that I haven't tried putting the audio files in one of the pre-made audiobank folders, instead of my user folder. I'll have to try and see

@GraPhiX - Yeah, I tried mp3, WAV, and OGG...all of them crash it when "Importing." I only showed the mp3 in the video to keep it short.

I went back to my Desktop (The video is from my Laptop, which I was hoping to use, so I could edit for a few minutes here and there while I was on break at work or lunch.) Anyway...went back to my desktop and it works fine on that machine.

I'm wondering if it may be a compatibility issue of some sort...or I just have incredibly bad luch and something "corrupted" and I'll have to re-install the app

My desktop is
Windows 10
i5 6600k
16GB ram
nvidia gtx 1070

My Laptop is
HP Victus Windows 11
i5 12th gen (can't think of which one right now)
8GB ram
nvidia 1650

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2023 15:16 Edited at: 13th Feb 2023 15:29
Try removing the .mp3 file altogether.
That alone just being there may be causing the crash.
Assuming you have that in your \ Documents \ GameGuruApps \ GameGuruMAX \ Files \ audiobank \ folder of course
PM
IAmTheRampage
Years of Service
User Offline
@synchromesh
I did. Still crashes when I go to add any outside audio

I also attempted to add a wav file to an existing folder. It also crashes when I go to that folder.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to save my work and just bring it over to my Desktop? Or…if I uninstall and reinstall, will it save my work any kind of way?

I’m wondering if the application just went wrong when I installed it in the first place.

I went back to my Desktop and tried the audio stuff and everything seems to work fine, even with mp3, it just converts it to wav automatically.

But I hate to lose all the progress I have made
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2023 14:57 Edited at: 14th Feb 2023 15:05
So it all works now ?
Basically your \ Documents \ GameGuruApps \ should never be effected by installing, uninstalling or updates.
However to be sure i backup my GameGuruApps frequently.
PM
IAmTheRampage
Years of Service
User Offline
@synchromesh
It always worked on my desktop just fine, with very little problems to speak of.

The problem is, that I wanted to work from my laptop, so I can work on my project when I’m on the go.

I’m wondering if the lack of Ram is my issue, or maybe a bad sector somewhere.

I’ll be ordering some more ram to bring it up soon…if it works…it was just me not thinking of the obvious and I’m sorry I’ve wasted everyone’s time, if that’s the case.

If not, then I’ll have to see if I can copy the game file to a flash drive and move it to my desktop.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2023 08:34 Edited at: 16th Feb 2023 08:41
Quote: "I’m sorry I’ve wasted everyone’s time, if that’s the case."

No you have not done that. It just seems non of us can reproduce the issue this end and it does interest me why ?
If it does turn out to be your laptop because of low ram than that is great info i can use if any other users get the issue.

Just out of curiosity do you have the Audio Ambience booster pack installed ?
If you do try uninstalling it by unticking the box in the DLC section
Then reboot and try again ?
PM
IAmTheRampage
Years of Service
User Offline
@synchromesh
Quote: "No you have not done that. It just seems non of us can reproduce the issue this end and it does interest me why ?
If it does turn out to be your laptop because of low ram than that is great info i can use if any other users get the issue.

Just out of curiosity do you have the Audio Ambience booster pack installed ?
If you do try uninstalling it by unticking the box in the DLC section
Then reboot and try again ?"

Sorry, I'm not sure what part you're thinking that I "have not done."

No Audio Ambience Booster Pack. I only got what came with the HumbleBundle and haven't purchased anything additional, because I wanted to learn it first and see if I could even do something with it.

A coworker said to try verifying the Steam files, in case something corrupted or is missing, so I did that and it redownloaded 1 thing. Still the same results though.

IAmTheRampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, as it turns out...I'm apparently an idiot.

Turns out that by some coincidence, the two sound files I was trying to use are somehow "corrupted"...didn't download properly.. of something. Either way, I have no idea.

I once again made sure that everything in the user folder was clear, then tried a different, random music file altogether that I downloaded from free-stock-music and it seems to be working fine. The previous files were from Zapsplat, which I have used before...so like I said...I have no idea what went wrong.

I tried to import the previous music file, which I originally tried, and yes...in wav format, which I converted with Audacity...and it crashes again. Tried the 2nd of my original attempted audio file...also crashes.

I also tried importing another music file as an mp3 and verified that it converts it to wav automatically, with no issues.

So, as it turns out...I'm just a big dummy.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
IAmTheRampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgot to say thanks to everyone that tried to help me figure this out.

Again, sorry for wasting everyone's time.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
No worries just happy you got it sorted.
FYI I use audacity.
I export as .wav 16-Bit PCM without any probs
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 11:25:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 11:25:10