Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] Building and room Editor - Can you create the building with furniture?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2022 14:14
Hi all,

Just noticed the building editor has become available which I have been waiting for before using Game Guru Max.

I noticed in one of the Youtube videos from the weekly live stream that you can make buildings with multiple floors etc and save them for later use and importation in other levels.

Can you also save entities within these buildings such as the furniture like chairs, sofas, tables etc.

If not, I think that would be a very good thing to do, as it means people could create entire interactive buildings fully kitted out with entities already, as long as they possess the correct model packs etc they are base don I guess.

Thanks

Henry
Hear no evil, see no evil

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
The building editor is only for creating the actual building. But, once created, you can bring it into MAX proper and there you can kit it out with furniture, lights, wall paintings, etc. Once you do that, you can group all that together and reuse the building (with all you've placed in it) over and over again, if you wanted to. But the main idea is that you create the base building in the building editor, then add your interior stuff to that in the MAX editor.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2022 13:14
@Monkey Frog

That makes sense, I am just getting to grips with the Game Guru Max Editor I skipped Game guru and am now just getting to grip with the basics of it as last thing I used was FPSX10 lol

Thanks for the messag eh ave created a building now and added some furniture into it, looking good, nice bachelor pad lol Thanks
Hear no evil, see no evil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 15:36:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 15:36:07