Work In Progress / Twin Realms of the forgotten world

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2022 15:13 Edited at: 27th Aug 2022 13:48
hi Guys

its been a while and i think the forums have gone a bit quiet. so i am going to spice it a bit by giving a few pictures of my new version of twin worlds, i,m still working on a full decided title but this will do for now.

i will not bore you with a huge story as I can go on a bit. we can my ideas for this game is, gameplay and making everything blend well.
depending on if they ever get the water going i would show my version of atlantis and old almost steam punk diving. however i will show that if they ever sort it out?

without further ado. this is fantasy and many game elements going into it as was with twin worlds. there is a good 36 plus years of ideas i created since a teen from RPG like MERP GURP D&D etc. made my own although totally ripped of cthulu for insanity and merp and gurp and any i had took the best and utilised my own system. created a full on mr bad guy and all sorts. so since MAX was thrown at us i decided ok start a total fresh. so i scrapped houses dungeons etc etc. and upgraded what was worthy. and so i wont give the game away but give a few lovely pics.

PS on the 970 i get 36 lowest fps and thats a full screen.

a lovely bit of dungeon

a view from a room

working on a new shop

a lovely port

a a main gate in a castle construction

i have loads more and many levels but i will occasionally swap and upload to keep it interesting.

till the next time

SB
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true

Attachments

Login to view attachments
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2022 15:17
not double posting but any constructive criticism is welcome. also remember these games are nowhere near completed just showing a little of the game.
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks pretty darn good to me ..
Love the top screenshot.
That alone i would be happy to traverse all day
No one ever really leaves.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2022 22:41
Cheers for the compliment
The dungeons are sorted now and they are good for many options just working on giving the corridors more than just stone and light. That is what I am presently working on.. slow process but hey ho. The houses I'm proud of when you go in they look medieval and are good regards putting characters in

The town I haven't shown you yet is looking good too but don't. Want to put all eggs in one go. I will be cracking on once I have time. For the present I will be busy sorting life out. And hopefully within a few months I will be in a place where I can chill and design anyway I will keep you posted
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2022 03:24
I love the staging, boy... I'm waiting to see a short video to feel the immersion in that world...
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 1st Sep 2022 14:46
Looks great as usual

Quote: " i would show my version of atlantis and old almost steam punk diving"

Would love to see this !

Cheers.
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2022 20:07
Quote: "Would love to see this !
"

Yeah looks OK tbh but no point showing pics with basic underwater fog as the efx. So I will leave that till the water is sorted.
Shame they do not fix or sort them little efx out as I am sure what I have created would be a great publicity for the engine if they asked of course! May not pass their tests. My jelly monster is great now very jelly however I have attempted to make entity groups

A jelly monster with skeleton and light attached does not work at all the entity comes to kill and the skeleton remains at start point with light any ideas?

As to the rest I'm having a break for a few weeks or months life has thrown a curve ball. but I have a few more pics to show when I get time. So may be something soon

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2022 16:26 Edited at: 18th Jan 2023 21:41
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 7th Sep 2022 10:13
Oof, I like these a lot!

Please keep posting pics when you get a chance - the port tyranee is looking especially epic.

Can't help with the monster issue as I'm still yet to get into Max in any substantial way.

Cheers
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2022 10:57
Cheers cybernesence
Will do what I can. Well I think max is in a place where they seem to be doing x12 to keep up with the wicked engine. also the progression is going very, very sloooooowly to the point I think they have gone on holiday for the year on the funds raised. So this is my last go with tgc and will write it off completely if they don't get their finger out

On a brighter note in about 6onths I should have lots of time to model animate and design
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2022 14:40 Edited at: 10th Sep 2022 15:29
Quote: " Well I think max is in a place where they seem to be doing x12 to keep up with the wicked engine. also the progression is going very, very sloooooowly to the point I think they have gone on holiday for the year on the funds raised. So this is my last go with tgc and will write it off completely if they don't get their finger out"

You have to go and ruin it ..
TGC are working their butts off with DX12, RPG, Bugs and Wicked Repo updates everyone is screaming for.
Add to that you have no idea what is coming.
No one ever really leaves.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2022 16:05
Yeah I did didn't I! a little bit.
Well yes I don't know what's coming except a new building editor which I totally am against. But that's my opinion.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2022 13:02
Its really impressive so far. Gives me Tolkien vibes.
EyeFly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2022 06:32
Looks fantastic! Great work!
Keep Making Stuff You Enjoy.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2022 11:23
Quote: "A jelly monster with skeleton and light attached does not work at all the entity comes to kill and the skeleton remains at start point with light any ideas?"

Some video about that bug? I don't get the point, maybe the video may help me.
Great works btw.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2023 10:22 Edited at: 14th Jan 2023 10:33
@3com. i have a jelly cube that kills on touch and can follow you. the cube is a character that attacks when sees you however i can not attach a light to the jelly monster, when i press play, the jelly monster moves but the light remains fixed instead of attaching to the character ( the idea is a glowing cube without it having to be the texture glowing, i want the cube to light up its area so it glows the area, also i tried to attach an object to the cube, again the skeleton object does not attach itself and remains in start spot, any ideas be godd

after many months of working in the real world started to play with things a little, awaiting many things to appear to make the RPG game workable but slowly llittle steps and many thigs are being sorted just need stuff like propper underwater fx to make my underwater world workable ( think bioshock witth tombraider will look good but as i say no point in carrying on unless they sort the water. also be nice to see the world with night and day cycles this would help make the large map larger with the cycles going a bit faster so your travelling feels longer.

they are however doing a fantastic job with the RPG element and i will look forward to designing and creating to make my game a bit more unique. some fantastic behaviours in there which makes life a lot easier ( actual shout out to synchro on the videos for behaviours) even if he does tell me off!

anyway the limits have been explained and so now for the creative flow.
i have had issues with a built map i think it got too big and the first map i used is an amazing map and a great template, however when go to play it pauses for 3 minutes before anything else... then takes a minute to start to load so in total about 5 minutes to load the level... so i am not sure what gives so i started afresh there has however been a model clash with the maps and so i think i need to look into it all

the new map however has got started with a road afew rocks and strategically placed trees and shrubs. i have also constructed a huge bridge for this world it is a wonder of the world as it is just big for a fantasy bridge.

the broken world sadly

the new world

a great big bushy bridge

i will be doing a few photos as i have left it for a while however im back
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2023 11:20
really looking awesome. beautiful bridge..
Harry
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2023 14:55
@ science boy
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221427#msg2624685

How to

https://youtu.be/zFiPY7WDya4

About attaching one object to another, Amen has a very cool script that might help you a lot.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/223724

Now that RPG is coming you will have a bunch of new behaviors to play with.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2023 18:33 Edited at: 18th Jan 2023 21:42
Cheers Harry good to see you back

thank you 3COM brilliant information guidance

Attachments

Login to view attachments
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2024 11:51

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2024 12:09

just a few pictures of my game i will throw some dugeons and cities etc at some point, but until they sort weather and underwater efx i dont see the point in developing anything. it just does not work to develop a scene with basic efx and may change and look better or worse. i have taken a long break from it and to be honest not inspired at present, when they sort the world efx im probably going to be more inspired. this is not a ransom mail, just the truth.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:00:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:00:44