Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] Importing Objects From TGC Store

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 27th May 2022 17:52 Edited at: 27th May 2022 17:57
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
With the new options added in todays update we can now import our purchases from The Store.
My question is, are we only going to be able to import the GameGuruMax objects this way,or in the future will we be able to import items purchased for GameGuru this way too? Only The GGMAx models recently purchased show up, even though I have purchased 100's of items for GameGuru.
I have been able to manually import items from my GameGuru Model collection, but was just wondering if will or if it is possible for the import of older purchased models to be integrated in the future.
By the waylove all the improvements ! Can't wait for VR.
Alienware Aurora R10, Windows 10 64 bit, 64GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz, AMD Ryzen(TM) 9 5900X (12-Core, 70MB Total Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.8GHz) Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10Gb GDDR6X
Alienware M15 Laptop i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max Q
VR : Samsung Hmd Odyssey WMR, ,Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest2

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
At a guess i would say Max only now and in the future.
The simple reason is these models are made for Max specifically and Classic ones are not.
Most old classic models will work and are converted from .x to .dbo when copied over but it does not magically change them to PBR.

I have had the odd classic model Crash or lock up Max so for me downloading 70 gig of assets from classic to Max is most certainly not a wise option. Any i really want i would probably use the importer to get them into Max so they use the latest .fpe's etc.
No one ever really leaves.
PM
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 27th May 2022 20:42
That makes perfect sense.. thanks!
Alienware Aurora R10, Windows 10 64 bit, 64GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz, AMD Ryzen(TM) 9 5900X (12-Core, 70MB Total Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.8GHz) Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10Gb GDDR6X
Alienware M15 Laptop i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max Q
VR : Samsung Hmd Odyssey WMR, ,Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest2
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
PS ... Cannot wait for VR either.
Its is being worked on behind the scenes
No one ever really leaves.
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2022 10:41 Edited at: 31st May 2022 10:42
The store will not automatically download GameGuru Classic items for you as we can't be sure they will all work. The last thing we want to do is download Classic content into MAX automatically and break something for you, we have seen some products do really weird things or break the downloader.

Sellers have an easy option to add MAX support for their existing products if they wish, as soon as they upload a version that they have checked works with MAX the store will download your existing products into MAX at no additional cost. Some sellers however may wish to charge for a MAX version as they may make improvements in this case they will upload as a new product on the store.

The store ourselves won't be converting any Classic content for MAX as we have thousands of products and it is simply impossible for us to make the time investment to do this.

We have no plans to update the download tool to download Classic items into MAX
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:59:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:59:31