Product Chat (Early Access) / No standalone version anymore? Steam only?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With Rocks. Ooga Booga.
Posted: 25th Mar 2022 18:00
I downloaded alpha EXE from account page yesterday.

Today there is now EXE download, and I notice Steam keys are there. But I am already updating the EXE version.

SO, is there going to be no standalone version anymore? I should've just downloaded from Steam then, it's taking forever to download from EXE version.
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
If you had ordered the Steam version when you had originally ordered, then you got the Steam version when MAX was finally delivered. The stand-alone version was given to each of us as early adaptors, regardless of which version, only until the official version was released. Afterward, whichever version you paid for is the one you'll receive.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
Harkin Hails M.
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With Rocks. Ooga Booga.
Posted: 25th Mar 2022 19:14 Edited at: 25th Mar 2022 19:18
Yeah I bought this ages ago, just noticed the order page showing Steam key. Had to shift download folder to Steam.

That said, what's with the "GameGuru MAX Pre-order Bonus Content"? It is a download and not Steam key. Is it already in the "Booster Pack", which DOES have the Steam key or should I download and install it manually on Steam download?

Bonus Content should have a Steam Key to make things easier.

EDIT: Nice. The Bonus pack installer installs it in "C:\Program Files\GameGuruMAX" while Max on Steam is installed on G drive in Steam folder. Why not give an option to select install location manually if not doing it automatically?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 02:23:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 02:23:42