Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] GGMax update 2022.03.18 ......Worse and Worse and Worse and Worse

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2022 22:27 Edited at: 18th Mar 2022 23:08
ok now ,
even when I copy my original maps and projects into the
proper folder. after the update...since they are still all erased each time....
NOW,,,they dont even show up at all @!!! EVEN after I copy them over to the proper folders......
AND,,,since there is no SEARCH button choice in GGM , cant go and find then.
Why are all original things still erased each time even this late in development ????

This has been getting harder and harder to do and now it seems CANT BE DONE.
This has turned from a fresh loaf of homemade bread into a real P.I.T.A.
anyone else have this problem...or...an answer ??
HELLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

P.S. ...figured it out...OMFG its so convoluted now.
P.P.S. also reported it on Github
UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Here's what I do each week - I make a complete copy of my GameGuruMAX folder (the one found in Documents>GameGuru APPS). Then, after updating, I simply copy the entire "files" folder over into the new GameGuruMAX folder that was created. When I get the notification about overwriting stuff, I choose the "no to all" option. This ensures that only my stuff is written in to ALL the proper folders and none of the new MAX stuff is overwritten with old MAX stuff. It takes a moment, is simple, and nothing gets lost. It's not convoluted if you just save your entire folder out.

This is alpha software. They want to make sure that no remnants of the old MAX remains in order to make sure that you're not reporting bugs from previous builds as a result of old stuff hanging around.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 07:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 07:26:31