Product Chat (Early Access) / Need it to remain still

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Need it to remain still -- with collision still on.
Can anyone help me find the "is immobile" setting in MAX?
Is that just gone from my menu?
Does "Physics off" keep the collision on? This test model doesn't seem to have any...
I've tried every "collision" type.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2022 09:52
Issimobile setting should be in the physics section, always active should be in the behaviour section.

UI is a mess imo.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"UI is a mess imo."

Yeah- don't forget what once worked fine still works fine. Has Lee forgotten that when they abandoned certain features found in FPSC- people REALLY missed them? And has Lee forgotten that despite all it's shortcomings, GGClassic still had it's share of users? Why? Because of it's ultra simple UI.

How great was it that just click the object, and bam! You have instant access to EVERYTHING at the CENTER of the screen! Beautiful and productive, the Classic method did NOT confuse or slow up anyone. MAX's experimentally progressive method SLOWS PRODUCTIVITY and hides stuff... therefore testing how much patience user has with the UI. If new users go beyond the hollow shell of MAX, there will probably be endless questions come review time.

Just utilize Right Mouse Button to access the usual and fundamental object properties menu in the center of screen so everyone can succeed. BTW- add back the color coding for dynamic and static also. The advanced properties like materials, etc can stay at the edge.

PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2022 18:58 Edited at: 18th Mar 2022 18:59
It is a mess, to be frank. However, if you turn on Developer Mode, it stays on. Turn it on once and you have access to it all the time. It just becomes a part of the UI, a panel of stuff you can access when you need like anything else. For the few times I run into this issue, I just have to twirl down the Developer panel and check that area to see if "Isimmoble" is checked or not. It's a pain when you don't know where it is at first. But after activated, it's quite fine.

Having said that, MAX is in ALPHA ... even still. And the UI is still changing. In fact, I know of a UI change that just happened yesterday. So, I would expect things to change again. That's part of what to expect when you work/play with alpha/beta software, though.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, it's a balance between accessing all the points you need to access while keeping the UI simple enough to find them. They are trying to do that I suppose. But when you say the issues are getting fixed..... seeing that this little bug or that little bug is "fixed" great job. But what if that's all already out-dated! It's 2022 and before you know it 2023 and so why not look into the scale of the grander vision we could envision.

I was excited for MAX only because of only a few points; 64 bits and a working rendering engine. 3 and 4 would be multiple model formats and an expanded Character Creator. The menu system is nice, and It would also be great to see an expanded EBE. Now the potential is there to make a GAME instead of just some levels. Now we just need a few more powerful scripting features to tie it all together. But that's not what they chose to do. They took it another direction. No need to go into the confusing details (Everything AI) . Let's just say they chose features for pretty UI STEAM or YouTube video reviews, adding things at the beginning that could do at the end, and left out things for later that would present themselves much better at the first release!

Natural Steam selection will be the habitat MAX is about to be released into. Will it survive? People only can use what they are supplied. "If you build it they will come" -- for better or worse, that's all there is. So people will acquire a good or a sloppy product. For it to evolve, take what works and keep it, but whatever is damaging, replace with modernized features- in fact maybe into something that resembles STEAM itself as an actual Game ENGINE that you can scroll down into multiple screens deep. Imagine if you will 2 level editing windows open at the same time, cut and paste anything including terrain between them. A whole column of easy to see check-boxes out in the open to customize the UI. Oh, wow! Yeah, obviously way too much to contemplate I suppose.

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2022 22:26
The newcomers when the first time will open GGMax, are waiting for some sort of "easy game maker" and they can't get so, if they encounter a bunch of buttons then they don't know what these do half of them.
When they get ready, they are going to find them, or at least ask about it

Recall when studying to develop customized apps for enterprises, most of the kind of office suite apps; I have to use i.e excel most of the time at the user level, and I was unable to find where the excel developer tools were (VBA), they were hidden in preference>settings; what I'm trying to say is that most apps have most options, in preference/settings panels.

You are going to enjoy GGMax guys, I'm doing it from early days; just enjoy, and forget steam fanboys.

GGMax is made for people that want to use GGMax, if you don't want to, then GGMax is not for you, just my thoughts.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2022 22:50
Tbh i don't want it released on steam

Lee panders to get a good review and they hold him to ransom with it
The project gets way laid and it falls apart and you get a (to be blunt), half arsed not living up to its promise and then when the steamers finish demanding, things like follow through slow motion bullet. all the multiplayer enthusiasts demand mp before vr, rpg, and puzzle etc.
The product will be done and maxy max max will be announced.

This is my last throw with tgc tbh i had x 10 not finished fpsc dated and was still iffy with making a standalone. Then reloaded merged into gameguru and that was a lame duck in the end, i understand that this was the journey they have travelled to bring max and classic. It was a learning curve for them and got a deal on a vr product as a. Sideline. and for max to be improved. but if they dont deliver then as i say time to get a new hobby

Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
Mr.WitherStorm
Years of Service
User Offline
or just get a new engine
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2022 23:26 Edited at: 20th Mar 2022 10:53
Quote: "This is my last throw with tgc tbh i had x 10 not finished fpsc dated and was still iffy with making a standalone. Then reloaded merged into gameguru and that was a lame duck in the end,"

Its more of a case of FPSC was sold to death until you could not sell it for even a couple pounds including the CD and case. Where do you get funding for further development ? ( steam was not a big thing back then )

X10 was a bit of a flop from the start and did not really sell well at all with a general lack of interest. It was also developed mainly for Vista which many did not like ( me included ) and even now there is next to no interest in X10 compared to the original fpsc so TGC actually lost big time on that one. which then brings us to Reloaded \ GameGuru and because of the Steam platform probably sold more than any of the others in reality.

I have probably spent thousands of pounds for software over the years that have just been dropped and own many on steam that they continue to sell despite the Devs vanishing and no longer supporting their products.
TGC are angels in comparison if you look at the bigger picture out there.
No one ever really leaves.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 22:31:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 22:31:15