Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2022 17:13
Hi All,

Find today's broadcast recording here:

And all the questions we could not reach during our live chat:

Q> How far can we go with stealth with this?
A> Not too far, just the basics of being able to move without being heard, without being seen if stay outside of the cone and high damage attacks for instakills.

Q> Will see a crawl along the ground for the player?
A> We are only supporting first-person perspective for the EA version so the crouch is the lowest the player camera can get.

Q> Can we adjust the distance at which the ai sees/hears us? Can we adjust how long or how far they will follow you for?
A> Yes you can adjust the view range, view angle, hearing range, and how far and for how long they will chase you.

Q> Will we get Prefabs and/or segments back in GG Max?
A> There are no plans to add the old prefab segments from FPS Creator.

Q> Can we speed up the time from the AI seeing us, and attacking, as presently they seem to wait for a little before attacking?
A> You can flag the characters to skip the 'stare' step and go direct to alerted attack.

Q> Would it be hard to add a "Create Folder" in the left-level objects panel? To be more organized?
A> There are no plans to add folders to the left objects panel. If we get more requests for this feature in the issues board, we will take a closer look.

Q> Are we able to create walkthroughs and tutorials for YouTube. Or is it closed?
A> You are free to create any videos or tutorials for GameGuru MAX at any time, no restrictions from us

Q> Are you going to create a building tool as you did in GameGuru Classic?
A> We have the structure editor in the Developer Mode settings, but we are considering something new for the creation of 'structures'. No firm plans.

Q> I'm thinking about making a 2nd person platformer would I be able to do this?
A> GameGuru MAX is not designed to create 2nd person platformers, only first-person 3D shooter genre games at the moment.

Q> Will there be a HUD edit added?
A> You can customize your in-game screens for the standalone for the EA version, and after that release, we will be looking at an in-game HUD editor for things like health, weapon readouts, etc.

Q> I keep getting a black screen when I launch game guru max, anyway I can fix that?
A> The best thing is to create an issue on our board with enough information so we can reproduce it: https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues

Q> Will we be able to create scenes that can be sold on the market?
A> You can share and sell whatever you make with GameGuru MAX, including individual scenes. Entirely up to you

Q> Does GGM have an Ocean generator? Something with waves. If so, will there be a way to make something buoyant, like a boat?
A> There are no plans to create an ocean generator or boats in the EA version. The water system already has the ability to control wave size and speed.

Q> Tried the Structure editor, but all it does is crash Gameguru Max when I try it, Does it need fixing?
A> Yes as of today this is a known bug and exists as a report on our issues board.

Q> Are you stopping updates for gg classic and I keep getting a black screen when I launch gg max?
A> There are absolutely no plans to stop support for GameGuru Classic Fixer updates. For the black screen in MAX, see your previous question.

Q> How do I animate cutscenes and can I? Also, can I model my own character?
A> There are no plans to add a cutscene maker to GameGuru MAX, and you can use the built-in character creator to make your own characters for your game.

Q> After hearing you mention the particles, are the ones currently in Max, named? As I don't seem to see what they are called when trying to select them?
A> When you click Add New Particle in the particle game element properties, a large window wil show listing all available outr of the box particles. The names are underneath and correspond to the filenames of those particles.

Q> Will there be in the future an X-ray/Wireframe mode like from other modern game engines?
A> There are no plans to add XRAY or WIREFRAME rendering to GameGuru MAX. If you have a specific case, please let us know, perhaps as a feature request in the issues board.

Q> What's about particle LUA control system, as GG has? I mean some LUA commands to work with?
A> There are no plans to add control of the new particle system as LUA commands for the EA version. Most of the logic is built into the particle shader for performance reasons and all tweaks should be done in the Particle Editor. Let us know if you have specific needs.

Thanks for those, more answers for you next Wednesday at 4 PM GMT.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Alexander mp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2022 17:38 Edited at: 16th Feb 2022 21:31
Q> Will there be in the future an X-ray/Wireframe mode like from other modern game engines?
A> There are no plans to add XRAY or WIREFRAME rendering to GameGuru MAX. If you have a specific case, please let us know, perhaps as a feature request in the issues board.

Thanks

Question: Will there be in the future an X-ray/Wireframe mode like from other modern game engines? This will help me find objects that have fallen through the Gameworld and it would be easier to use then Detailed Object List for an example if you have over a thousand objects and you're looking for just one object that fell through the Gameworld being able to see it through an x-ray/wireframe mode would help.
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Question: Will there be in the future an X-ray/Wireframe mode like from other modern game engines? This will help me find objects that have fallen through the Gameworld and it would be easier to use then Detailed Object List for an example if you have over a thousand objects and you're looking for just one object that fell through the Gameworld being able to see it through an x-ray/wireframe mode would help."

Lee answered this question in his post just above yours:

Quote: "Q> Will there be in the future an X-ray/Wireframe mode like from other modern game engines?
A> There are no plans to add XRAY or WIREFRAME rendering to GameGuru MAX. If you have a specific case, please let us know, perhaps as a feature request in the issues board."

I would recommend going to GitHub and posting a request to add this and why you would want it. They don't often check questions and requests here, but they frequently do there.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2022 20:15
Q> What's about particle LUA control system, as GG has? I mean some LUA commands to work with?
A> There are no plans to add control of the new particle system as LUA commands for the EA version. Most of the logic is built into the particle shader for performance reasons and all tweaks should be done in the Particle Editor. Let us know if you have specific needs.
Thanks for the answer.

For example, I would like to attach some fire smoke to the engine of the mini-craft I'm working on right now.
I would like to start the level with certain particles hidden, and then show them as needed and when needed.
I know that I can set spawnatstart = no in the particle settings, the question is how can I show it in test mode? no LUA command to do so.
I would like to use particles in explosions, but how to show them in test mode just when needed, not LUA commands to do so.
change the size, speed, life via LUA in test mode when needed, and so on.

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
I would ask these questions on GitHub as they seldom ever respond to questions here on the forum. Make it a feature request there and they will most likely respond there and consider it, too.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Absolutely everything you said 3com. Let us know if you post this to GitHub, and I'll try to wrangle up my 2 cents worth.
I know I certainly have specific needs like any other particles user.
A car can't go anywhere without a good set of wheels and tires bolted onto it's axles and hubs--
neither can particles go anywhere.

LOooOol I'm trying to use the best of my logical capacity to dissect this statement;
"Most of the logic is built into the particle shader for performance reasons"
.... striking out every time and can't see how that pertains logically to some or all LUA particles commands like Classic has plus++ some.
Also- would like to have Classic particles re-instated as a secondary option- why not?
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 05:39 Edited at: 18th Feb 2022 23:06
Quote: "riking out every time and can't see how that pertains logically to some or all LUA particles commands like Classic has plus++ some.. Also- would like to have Classic particles re-instated as a secondary option- why not?"

EDIT: apparently some of GGC particles currently work in Max.
Store Assets - Store Link
Free Assets - Resource Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Classic particles already work in Max.
No one ever really leaves.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 11:22
And if i heard wrong correct me. But i attached particles to a character and a light using the group method

It was in its infancy probably video 30 something but i think it worked cant remember you can try it again if grouping is still a thing
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 15:25
Quote: "And if i heard wrong correct me. But i attached particles to a character and a light using the group method

It was in its infancy probably video 30 something but i think it worked cant remember you can try it again if grouping is still a thing"

Grouping is still somewhat broken, groups with a large amount of entities, will often crash or result in undesired actions, it has been reported...remains to be seen when this will be fixed.
Win10 Pro 64bit----Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5GHZ----GTX 1660 6gig----16gig ram
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
There is currently a flurry of activity on GitHub with bugs getting fixed right and left. As Lee has said - February is a month of bug fixes. I know a lot of bugs I've submitted are getting fixed. Several fixes are are already included in this weeks build. Not sure about the group one's, though. But, like you said, several group bugs have been reported.
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 18:26 Edited at: 17th Feb 2022 18:34
Quote: "Classic particles already work in Max."

you know no one's want 2000s particles in their game, and we still see creepy particles after all.(the worst one is for guns)if im wrong tell me.
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
There's still a place for old school particles and that old school look. Especially for games that like to mix old school with "new school".
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 18:43
Quote: "There's still a place for old school particles and that old school look. Especially for games that like to mix old school with "new school"."

So you are ok with that gun particles. Aren't you?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So you are ok with that gun particles. Aren't you?"

Is that what I said? You know it's not. You know there are more to particles than "gun particles". So, please. Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.
Toxicclowd
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Would it be hard to add a "Create Folder" in the left-level objects panel? To be more organized?"

I actually agree with the question about folders in the toolbox area to keep things more organized, plus maybe the ability to remove items from the toolbox if not being used in the scene
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 08:56
Quote: "Is that what I said? You know it's not."

oh thanks god i just kidding. if you play max2 or any of the max payne Series , you will know what i going to tell about gun particles.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 11:52
You can replace any of the particle effects in GG with higher quality ones if you wish.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd Feb 2022 07:19
How can i have infinite water on one side of my 5 km map and infinite mountains on the other side? I know if i create a new empty map and increase the water height then i have infinite ocean, i can then paint mountains in side the 5 km playing area but not outside, i would like to make a map that have infinite mountains but only on the one side of the map on the other side i must have no mountains to create an ocean effect. if i create an new map that is mountains or canyons or rainforest then one have infinite mountains but no sea, how can i have both of the sea and mountains infinite on the outside of the 5km play area. ? Any ideas.
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2022 21:33
PCS
Good call be able to make it look like main land and the ocean would make for a mapping system of a larger map and levels

Ievel 1 islands then you go to the mainland level 2 with the coast and back ground mountains
Level 3 in the mountains

Thats the next best way to a large world system

Be nice to have more control with backgrounds
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd Feb 2022 16:25
Quote: "Be nice to have more control with backgrounds"

I think it would almost be essential to have control over the outside border.
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 14:24:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 14:24:49