Product Chat (Early Access) / Plugged up plumbing @ MAX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the screen that sits on my computer when I open up MAX now.
This is the first screen, and as far as I can go. None of those buttons do anything, except I can get into the cellar demo, (which isn't usable). I can't do any editing or anything else. Anyone have a suggestion?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
You normally have to click the panel on the left to get started. Weird with all the ones on the right really, but changed in last build or so. You also have to click the small edit game button rather than the big obvious ones which act like they should also work.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey thanks for the suggestions DVader. I clicked all around and the main buttons like I said did not respond. I've been a bit unnerved because I have found to start using the MAX editor, I first have to go and play the Cellar demo. Then when I exit that, the menu changes with more options appearing. Then I can get in. SMH- what's the deal? Yeah, this is weird but possibly linked to my low res 32" TV 'monitor'. I prefer that setup (but not the low resolution) because of integrated speakers...
So the tv maxes out at 1366x768, but if I had $200 to spend I can find a 32" 1080p which I assume would fix the situation.

Maybe when I can look at the menu straight, I won't think it needs a major overhaul, but since I cannot--- from what I'm seeing, the start-up system needs revised, so users can jump right in on an empty map if need be, and if anyone actually listened to my gripes that I have posted here or there ... that's all l'm asking for! (presently)

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2022 23:04 Edited at: 11th Feb 2022 09:19
Quote: "from what I'm seeing, the start-up system needs revised, so users can jump right in on an empty map if need be, and if anyone actually listened to my gripes that I have posted here or there ... that's all l'm asking for! (presently)"

Pretty much all the engines around require a project name, blueprint or whatever when you first fire them up so this is nothing new and Projects setups outside of the GameGuru core have been requested here for many years so you could be on lone crusade with that one. Its really not that difficult.

Follow these simple steps on the video for the initial setup and after that it will load to the default map every time.
From there you can create a project whenever you like with whatever maps you create and save
But initially a project folder must be setup.

No one ever really leaves.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2022 22:09 Edited at: 12th Feb 2022 22:14
yep, confirmed the resolution is the problem, if i reduce my reso it also cuts off parts of the screen
should post your problem on github as this one will definitely need to be fixed before the release
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 22:21:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 22:21:21