TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2022 17:00 Edited at: 9th Feb 2022 18:57
Hi All,

Here is a recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the answers from the latter end of the live chat:

Q> Can you destroy tree like in farcry?
A> There are no plans to destroy the terrain trees for the EA version.

Q> Is there any big building that will be added or room creator of some sort?
A> There is a Buildings Collection that includes pre-make buildings you can place down. There is no plan to create a new room creator.

Q> Will you allow us to make our own grasses and will we be able to add our own lod trees as we may want to create our own extras and textures i want to be able to make my game unique?
A> No plans for this before March EA release, but we see a need to allow custom terrain elements, though you may need a tech guide to create compatible ones.

Q> When will you add a third person view and VR to GameGuru Max?
A> There are no plans to add third person for the time being, but VR will come after March in 2022.

Q> Will there be a demo level release? meaning a build game demo for those who does not have Game Guru Max engine but want to test a demo level or game before buying this engine?
A> I think that is a great idea, and we will likely make several demo games available so you can try before you buy.

Q> Will we be able to destroy walls etc. to reveal hidden rooms?
A> There are no plans for destructable scenery, but you will be able to get help from the community to create assets and behaviors that can reproduce this effect.

Q> Can you add a way for us to add steam achievements to GameGuru?
A> There are no plans to add Steam Achievements in the March EA release.

Q> Is wind animation on trees going to be a post-launch feature? Or will it be in place for early access?
A> Wind and wind interaction will be a post launch feature yes, not for the EA release.

Q> Will the player’s body cast a shadow?
A> The player will not cast a first person shadow into the scene.

Q> Are there plans to create a river/stream system that will interact with the terrain being built? ie, it would carve out a stream or river into an existing terrain that has been built.
A> There are no plans to create a river or stream system in the March EA version, but we are looking at what the next stage tools the terrain system might need.

Q> Will there be an ability to customize FPS objects like hand models and what they are wearing. Also weapon customization including skins and attachments.
A> We will be including a tech guide and some template files to get you started customizing hands/arms/weapons.

Q> We have Airlink now on the Quest and can do it wirelessly ?
A> Indeed, Airlink should work similar to Link if you have a good WiFi signal.

Q> Will we be able to move the player's position while the player is freezed, thus creating a cinematic sequence (scripted movement for the player entity)?
A> It is mutually exclusive to attempt to move the players position whilst at the same time freezing the players position There are no plans for complex camera controls at this time.

Q> How are you so damn amazing? ? Sorry I hadda do it hehe just wanted you ta know we appreciate all your hard work!
A> The trick is to have an amazing team, then take all the credit Only joking. We are really going for it with MAX, so watch this space for more!

Q> Will we have the option to make cutscenes directly in the game guru max?
A> There are no plans to add a cutscene maker for the March EA version, but we will be starting the RPG genre after that and I am sure we will need some basic narrative storytelling systems, so who knows

Q> Does Max support animation in .fbx?
A> Yes, GameGuru MAX can import models in both FBX and GLTF, both supportive of animation data. The model importer in MAX then lets you assign animation names to your keyframes to be controlled later with the logic system without scripting.

Thanks for all your questions, more next Wednesday at 4 PM GMT!
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Q> Will you allow us to make our own grasses and will we be able to add our own lod trees as we may want to create our own extras and textures i want to be able to make my game unique?
A> No plans for this before March EA release, but we see a need to allow custom terrain elements, though you may need a tech guide to create compatible ones."

Tech guide? Maybe for creating custom bioms, but what about using our own grasses and trees just to spray/paint/place them on the terrain? Shouldn't we be able to create and import our own grass, plant, and tree models and place them at will (or use MAX's grass paint system to place them)? At least at some point in the future?
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2022 17:44
Ok so i need to go habe a quiet word witj myself and from now not speak for a year

Opus dei whip out
And a vow of silence.

Did have fingers crossed with vow of silence.

Anyway great news we will be able to add our own world elements

Love the steam and switches. Im guessing timers will be available as well i hope
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2022 19:02
Quote: "Q> Does Max support animation in .fbx?
A> Yes, GameGuru MAX can import models in both FBX and GLTF, both supportive of animation data. The model importer in MAX then lets you assign animation names to your keyframes to be controlled later with the logic system without scripting."

True.
Anyway, there is a but, and the but is FBX files contains the animation, as long as the animation generates keyframes; if the animation is made using physics such as a waving flag, a curtain moving by the action of the wind, an animation made via noise, etc. In general, instead of generating keyframes, 3D software saves the animation in a cache or point cache; in which case it would be nice if GGMax supported point cache or better still support alembic files.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I know the feeling science boy. What's on your mind? I know it sounds like we speak in an empty auditorium with just our own voices echoing in the dark. But now's the time to speak up- well yeah, probably too late now to speak. The MAX cement is curing now however it is set, even if the foundation is in jumbles. I don't see that they ever took much suggestions from everyday forum users- who in fact own the product already. And not until other users outside these forums have honest reviews (gripes) on Steam and YouTube will anything (maybe) be adjusted for REAL game developers. As is, MAX is not for real game developers- which is a sad observation. I'm not talking about the bugs that they work through on GitHub. The forums is the place to discuss broader aspects of features and game developer expectations. We could make it good if they would listen.

@Lee;
PLEASE, let's start here. Please do NOT require all the demos to be downloaded @MAX in order to open up and use the software to start working on your own project. Please I implore you. Separate the demos from the core files as optional. Let's start there, and improve the other very in-efficient use issues going forward. Thanks!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I know it sounds like we speak in an empty auditorium with just our own voices echoing in the dark."

How do you figure.
The very first release was halted due to user feedback and pretty much started from scratch. What we have now is far superior to that version back then with many requested features added that Lee said Max would never be getting.
If your not happy with the development and its not for you then request a refund which is fair enough..

No one ever really leaves.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2022 05:29 Edited at: 10th Feb 2022 05:30
Quote: "And not until other users outside these forums have honest reviews (gripes) on Steam and YouTube will anything (maybe) be adjusted for REAL game developers. As is, MAX is not for real game developers- which is a sad observation. I'm not talking about the bugs that they work through on GitHub. The forums is the place to discuss broader aspects of features and game developer expectations. We could make it good if they would listen."

To be fair, the development team don't regular the forums. On top of that, they are quite busy working on the March build right now. So you are better off using the following locations if you want to engage with TGC and be heard or seen:

#1 Github (for issues / bugs / feature requests)
#2 Live Stream Q&A (ask questions, get answers / suggest feature requests)
#3 Discord (sometimes you'll get lucky and TGC may see something you may be working on with GGMax)

If you want quick responses, you can even comment on their latest YouTube video uploads. Though I would suggest you attend their live Q&A if you want more detailed answers.

The forums are mostly where you will find TGC announcements and Q&A re-posts. Its not really a place to have direct back and forth communications with the devs. Its more so for the community to support each other, have discussions and share resources.
Store Assets - Store Link
Free Assets - Resource Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2022 06:26
your team is good with this heavy development but do not forget, the power of physics and customization. have a nice day
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2022 21:29 Edited at: 12th Feb 2022 21:29
I like how GG Max is going.
But I steel find long time problems, like zombies get stuck into walls.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Shadow_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know how to setup the HURT ZONE?

I cannot find how @Lee did it in the last video, I would love to test it on my level
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2022 13:47
Hey Shadowmaster ,
its quite simple to use the HURT ZONE..
Simple place a triggerzone where you want the hurt zone to have effect.
Then go in to DEVELOPER SETTINGS and click on the box below
the word MAIN...and then just choose the HURT BEHAVIOUR..
So far there doesnt seem to be a way to change the level of HURT..
but , im sure that will be added in soon.

Load the level and try it out.
Let me know if it works for you.

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
CoolDev
Years of Service
User Offline
my screen turns black when i start GameGuru Max
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 12:00 Edited at: 15th Feb 2022 12:01
Quote: "my screen turns black when i start GameGuru Max"

Not a lot to go on.
Could you post your specs, OS, Gfx card etc.
Just so we can eliminate anything obvious.
No one ever really leaves.
PM
Shadow_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you @ UNIRD12B
PM
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 16:13
How can I get this demo level?
Thank you.
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee's switch demo level was included in the last Friday's update. If you open MAX and, one in the editor, go to File>Open Level, you will see a level called "switch escape.fpm" in the testlevels folder. Just open that to test it. However, if you wait for THIS Friday's build, you'll see Lee's switch test level offered under Demo Games on the opening screen when MAX starts up.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 16:20 Edited at: 17th Feb 2022 16:29
Thank you. I did open that level and it looks unfinished. There is only 1 switch.

OK... I was missing assets that I did not download. No worries. Would have been cool if it said what assets were missing.

Thanks!
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 16:32 Edited at: 17th Feb 2022 16:32
There are several switches in it. One to open the sliding door at the beginning, one to redirect the steam, one to unlock the door after the steam, one to turn off the electrical beam (after the door that was locked) and one to open the hidden door to "win" the game. It's just a simple demo on how to use switches.
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 16:43
I see... now I'm wondering how each switch specifically triggers each door, steam etc...
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
You use the MAX logic/behavior system to set it all up. You can study how he did it by clicking the Shooter icon, which will allow you to see the connections.
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 17:16
I see... I never clicked on those. Very cool! Thanks Argent_Arts!
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
You are very welcome.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 13:22:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 13:22:42