Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't seem to find the add voices tool in the Character Creator?
Yes, I clicked everything in 'Advanced Settings'.

2 years ago;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXHdlZ024U
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2022 00:47 Edited at: 7th Feb 2022 00:47
Blimey what a difference ...
Speech is now controlled by behaviours
Select your character then add the behaviour you want then you can access the speech controls

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I updated so I could see the latest and WHOA! So they got rid of Text- to Speech?
That was a very useful idea. They have removed another easy customization tool. Not that I think the voices are superior, but they are getting better all the time and with brief statements, it would be fine for any common expression- like "Hello" and they state their name, and "How can I help you?" And at least the older styles could be used for robot characters. Where are the CC robot characters? Bring back Text to Speech please!
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bring back Text to Speech please!"

Just use your favorite Text to Speech app and record what you want. Then drop that in and your CC robot character will speak it.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly-- would be much handier just type it in on MAX UI since you are in there presently working on it!! Do I need to script my own MAX UI widget also?! Where'd the widget go?! Where did the 'advanced' features ticker go? Oh boy, it's going downhill fast.

"your CC robot character will speak it. "
There are no robot parts in the CC!
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""your CC robot character will speak it. "
There are no robot parts in the CC!"

I know. I was (mis)quoting you from above. The point is simple - the functionality is there for you to bring in whatever audio file you want from whatever source you want. Is it really all that difficult to type it in to a dedicated Text to Speech program, export out an audio file, and bring that into MAX? The advantage here is you get to use your Text to Speech app of choice, which will more-than-likely be better and more advanced than what TGC would create. Why should TGC take time away from creating a game creation tool just to create decent Text to Speech program for you to use? There are so many of them out there already, just use what's available. In many ways, this is little different than me having to use a paint program to make my textures. If I want to customize something, I go to the appropriate software and do it.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Text to speech went quite some time back.

No one ever really leaves.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 7th Feb 2022 18:14
Used this before, can only do a couple a day, but honestly the best one around.

https://wideo.co/text-to-speech/
Win10 Pro 64bit----Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5GHZ----GTX 1660 6gig----16gig ram
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2022 18:28
Quote: "Text to speech went quite some time back."

Why? I thought it was built into Windows!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"Why should TGC take time away from creating a game creation tool just to create decent Text to Speech program for you to use?"

Nahhh.... nobody would ask them to do that, except that would be cool with a set of audio sliders. They had a system, a couple samplers embedded in place from Microsoft as far as I could tell, and maybe they decided it wasn't free to use, or too buggy (I got a RunTime error when trying it before I updated MAX.) Well, of course you bring up a point that you could use whichever online software that you want. Maybe even you could record from your microphone something that is being played from T2S online- @ your speakers! Nevertheless, I think that if you could type in a little text in the UI for the character to speak, tweak it up-- then that would be some cool beans- REVIEWERS WOULD LOVE TO SHOW THAT OFF

So the point you make is like the Character Creator itself. As of the time of this writing, the selectable human heads are actually all the same person (hope you didn't make them- NO OFFENSE INTENDED). Except for a little bit of tone change, smudges here and there IE- makeup for 'different heads?' But it's the same person. On top of this, you can't change the skin tone for each of these selections. You can't have an 'ancient' pale guy? There aren't sliders for body variety. I didn't even look at the zombies because they would never be included in a game I made-- I wish that I didn't have to download them.

This will be apparent in all first release games unless the user ( Character Creator User ) can easily import their own heads and bodies. History tells us that it must be very easy to do this- or nobody ( the typical first time 'asset flipper' person ) will not bother. And it's very apparent that GGMAX is trying to coach along the young, first time or inexperienced game maker people, [>That would be ME<] although for me it's not intuitive- It's linear. You have to do 'A' before you can do 'B'. I don't presently see options, and it's not a positive experience.

I guess it could become less negative over time, but for now you're walking down a narrow tight corridor being guided in one direction with MAX UI. When you finally get out of there, you have to dig down into menus to activate what you want to use (or at least once upon a time those options where available...........) But now those things making it better have disappeared. Why would they ever remove a widget- doesn't make any sense. The UI needs a re-look if not a makeover. Optionally, there really needs to be at least 2 versions of GGMAX. I would opt for the un- confined use version. The one that like Classic starts at a flat plain with intuitive user interface and all options open.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why? I thought it was built into Windows!"

No idea , One for the Stream perhaps.
No one ever really leaves.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2022 22:46
For robot voices try this.

You need a VST host to use it though.

https://blog.wavosaur.com/text-to-speech-vst-vst-speek/
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Roland D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth. Samson Graphite 49 Midi Controller Keyboard

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 15:16:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 15:16:39