Product Chat (Early Access) / Nitpicky questions / Important questions? ;

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
*First, I'm on v. 2021 12.17
I will update if it looks like the newest builds are mostly stable, (reports recently have been otherwise).
So my question is- do you think it should be possible to
rotate camera ie map w/ (R. mouse)
strafe left or right (a or d)
move camera up or down (s or w)
all at the same time?
GG Classic DOES allow this to happen, but I'm not getting that with MAX.
I'm getting just the mouse and one keyboard choice- not dual.
So wondering if there's any opinion on this small item?
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Happiness but subdued by concern.

I decided to test transferring a small portion of GG Classic assets over to MAX to see how that went.
I chose a small collection (The Easter DLC)
Happily most of the items that where static and non animated came over it looks without hassle. But I then put the butterfly item down and it became a flat decal (the transparency became solid white). Had no movement or behavior. So I put an Easter egg down, and I can't tell if all the animations are intact, or it just comes with very few to start with, but there's only 15 frames? And unfortunately there's no behavior there either. The scripts are nowhere to be found @ MAX.

Q; Do I have to transfer scripts over individually and modify the scripts? Are transparencies not recognized w/ MAX? What if I had DLC's that had 124 scripted and animated items with transparency?
I'm very disappointed in the "Behaviors" module in MAX. It's slow, cumbersome, and immature. There seriously needs to be a traditional R. Mouse click on the entity to select properties like script assignments from a standard menu that already includes a name and date!- For further assistance, a list of scripts residing on the side panel for quick access (No thumb-nails!) would be immensely useful so as to get on with the map creating!
Any help? Guiding me on a fix for these items would be appreciated.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Grass-- seriously no height setting? That's the first thing, this is the rest;
I think we need to be able to paint grass with a neutralized (greyed out) terrain texture- with the tick of a box. Maybe even white. From top-down can't see what's already been placed or painted there because they are just vertically flat sprites. And when painting we also need infinite draw distance.

>> Prelude: You have a map full of stock green grass. (This represents a big plain or field that is the natural default terrain vegetation across your world. You all know what I'm talking about). You want to draw a path through that grass (roadway, drive, etc) with sparsely populated, weeds of several varieties to make it look like a dirt path, abandoned road etc. You want to climb to a high view above map level to draw the path. Now you can visualize what I am describing;

Even the furthest draw distance causes the grass to disappear pretty soon. Also the setting; "Populate vegetation everywhere" when you are painting doesn't seem as dense (even when grass at full density) as the stock procedural grass? Neither is "Restore Mode". So if you accidentally wipe out all the grass, it won't be possible to reset it back to the density that comes as default without starting over? Anyone notice this? Another thing is that the drawing distance should not be computed when painting grass-- you need to be able to see all grass infinitely (this is your paint) on the map (which is the canvas.) Hard to paint with invisible grass.

Undo button doesn't work with grass.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 04:17:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 04:17:30