Product Chat (Early Access) / URBAN MAP ????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2022 16:30
Someone has just asked on the live street about an urban map on GGM that can be generated.
I personally think its a great idea, but I don't know how do-able it is?

I'm pretty sure It would be a lot of work, but I think it would be a great idea.

Anyone else???

Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Jan 2022 19:31
yes that can be nice if do-able
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2022 20:55
Although it would be nice to have, pretty complex to do; it demands a lot of stuff, if TGC want to keep the standard,
If so, the user most likely would like to choose the addons such as roof add-ons, windows, wall add-ons, doorframes, doors, etc
And don't forget the streets, not just the Asphalt, also traffic lights, signage, etc.
Also, don't forget the ton of pbr textures, and so on.

However, you can add your own and work with it.

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2022 05:39
wow. good example 3com
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
Casigus
Years of Service
User Offline
that city looks banging.

theres a fantastic plugin for blender that scans map data and allows you to create a model of any city in the world, been using it to create some large cities (was a learning curve) but can get some great results for vast levels. Now when you say you want an urban map, do you mean you want to cllick a button and it just creates level with buildings, to me that takes away the joy of world building.

If you want a urban map, buildings, houses, roads, well get the assets and build it!!! thats the point of the engine, to build something.
PM
Casigus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2022 16:06 Edited at: 20th Jan 2022 16:08

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you want a urban map, buildings, houses, roads, well get the assets and build it!!! thats the point of the engine, to build something."

Agreed if its all based on "Make My Game buttons" whats the point
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Casigus
Years of Service
User Offline
aye for sure.

the problem with some of the gg classic games made was the games made where done with so little efffort, it saddly gave some youtube reviewers fuel to slater it, if we have a one click and boom theres a urban map, then every single game coming out would be exactly the same.

GGMax gives us amazing tools to craft something from our imaginations, its fantastic and why I champion it, but one click, BOOM done? whats the point.

If you want a city, urban world, check out the store (although please note not all assets work with max as of yet, but some do, ive got a fair few working)

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2022 21:05
Thanks, guys.
I make that city with 3ds max times ago, to show the people what they can do with GGMax beta, in my thread.
I recreate there some sort of Chinatown.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2022 12:46
Plus why we need big city generator when our character cant even see his legs after many years of developing ? this is a big shame.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " character cant even see his legs after many years of developing "

Most fps games you cannot see legs .. The player is usually a Camera view.
PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2022 13:08
Excuse me but i need to say that , if we need to create something more than walking simulators, so what should we do?
Most fps games you cannot see legs=Most of them are walking simulators(And they have mixed or negative reviews on steam)Check them out seriously.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2022 14:00 Edited at: 21st Jan 2022 14:02
Quote: "Excuse me but i need to say that , if we need to create something more than walking simulators, so what should we do?
Most fps games you cannot see legs=Most of them are walking simulators(And they have mixed or negative reviews on steam)Check them out seriously."

So your going to need Civilian legs, Soldiers legs, Medieval Legs in fact all kinds of legs to match with the type of game your creating.
GameGuruMax is not a game where you only need one set for your character. Its for making games that could be set in any time period or place and that would mean you need a wide variety which is just not viable.

What AAA developers say
In many engines you run into perspective problems. If the first-person perspective is provided by what is essentially a tiny camera that rotates on a very small axis.. as the camera rotates down the legs will not look right (the camera would, instead, be looking down the neck of the model). Adjusting the way the camera works is not trivial.

It's a waste of resources. In many games, people won't spend much time at all looking directly downwards. A lack of legs just doesn't matter to most users here. Time spent adjusting the game engine to deal with perspective, modeling and animating the player character - these don't translate to the user having a better experience. Not modeling the player character is one less thing to tax the hardware during play.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Synchromesh- as I've tried to self create 3rd person perspective close to player...
exactly what I am running into. So yeah, legs and stuff is a tricky proposal, but sounds interesting.

// Urban Map Generator Console//
Yes! lol
Realistic @ MAX - no. Not by a long, drawn out process, but you could actually choose to try a very simplistic version which would probably fail miserably or just be a cool though daunting task. But as a scripter rather than a map designer I would love to see it. Speaking of scripting, I placed on these forums quite some bit ago an example tool idea for drawing lines of objects... and had no feedback on that.

@ Casigus
"do you mean you want to cllick a button and it just creates level with buildings,"
Yes- for sure.
"to me that takes away the joy of world building".
What joy?! Yeah- all relative -- and if the engine has issues like rotation and placement bugs-- even more drudgery. Good to see the results you made w/ classic assets. That's hopeful.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2022 19:59
I did this in classic ages ago, but alas it will not load into max unsurprisingly. Which is a shame, I'd like to use this map.... took an age to build as well.

Post Apocalyptic Urban sprawl.

Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Roland D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth. Samson Graphite 49 Midi Controller Keyboard
Rector
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2022 23:15
I understand for some that GGM is a tool to learn. But there are some of us that just want to make games without too much effort by not including more technical programs like blender etc.

When the original person asked on the chat about an urban map, I thought it was a good idea and maybe would be a way of giving some of us a starting point that we could then edit and make our own, much like the forest maps that have been provided to help cut down editing time and give people a starting point.

Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 05:00:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 05:00:22