Product Chat (Early Access) / I don't know what to say. ( don't think the demo idea is fair. )

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 22:04

How must we make a decent Max demo? look at this death anim that went wrong some how.
We cant put out demos and then stuff like this happens. then Rather don't do it so that we don't send out a negative picture.

Also......... Just a thought If one do not have your own Models , then it becomes difficult to make a good demo with just the stock models.
I tried to make a military scene with fences , but when it comes to a steel gate?? , its stolen, or at least i hope so because i did not find any in the stock models together with the steel fences. so now i have to build a military camp with no steel gate, or think about another scenario that do not need a gate. Most of the game scenarios that one have , you cant make a good game scene because of lack of a big variety of scenery models.
So i don't think its fair for a user that must only use stock models to compete against modelers that can make there own stuff , that would look even better in most cases than the stock models. To get around the fact that there is not a hole lot of deferent stock models for deferent game scenarios like a lot of deferent gates , big, variety of deferent doors , bunkers, normal houses, worn out houses, stuff like that to use when it come to certain scenarios. it does not leave a big choice for game demos.

So my take on this, is its not fair in my mind that some users must work with stock models while other users that can model can make what ever models they need for a good scenario.

Just a thought use it don't use it.

Thank you.
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How must we make a decent Max demo? look at this death anim that went wrong some how."

Well firstly if you watch the Stream AI, Death anims etc are being worked on right now. The demos are wanted for the March release and not this week so just leave the AI for the moment and work on the map layout.

They are just requesting good demos and will pay if they get used. Its not just one demo that gets picked and I have already seen some pretty cool stuff and nearly all using Stock Models so its definitely possible.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 07:40
So can we also use Classic models.? because it will make it a bit easier.
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:45:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:45:46