Product Chat (Early Access) / Max : Terrain without collision, Missing trees, Map size reduced

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2022 20:10
Hello all,

It's strange. Today, when I turned on Max for the first time around 7pm, I loaded a map that I have been working on for weeks. I was working on the interior of a house (furniture) and when testing the game (Game Test mode), I leaving the house and putting my foot on the ground, I pass directly through the terrain. However, I have tested this terrain hundreds of times, without ever encountering any problem. I don't know how to recover the physics (collision) of the terrain.

In addition, all the trees have disappeared as well. The vegetation is there, but not the trees. I have been deactivating them and then reactivating them, but nothing. I went into Dev Mode to press "Q", in case I unintentionally turned them off. But nothing either. There are no more trees and it is impossible to find them.

In addition (bis), the map now stops at the edit area (yellow marking of the map boundary). There is no more terrain beyond it, although it is not a Heightmap. Everything had been generated by the terrain generator.

I don't understand how so many problems can happen at one time. Of course, this is only a test map that is made to assess Max. But I did not expect such magnitude of problems...

The only manipulation I did today was to add several TGC graphics packs (10) to the User folder of Entity Bank. I did nothing else. Besides, the packs are all there and they work properly.

If you have any idea how to get this map...
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2022 09:14 Edited at: 9th Jan 2022 09:17
Hello,

I come to follow up on this post, to point out that I "managed" to recover my map, but not easily. First I have to tell you that this map contained just a "private property" with metal grids all around, to protect it, and a complete two story house, fully furnished, and of course all exterior and interior electricity. All this required a set containing almost 600 3D objects (575) ! So it was a "loss" that posed a problem for me.

In Max's current state of development, I figured I could never get anything back. I was mistaken

I zoomed out the map by positioning myself above the house. I could see the whole property. I selected the entire property with Shift, and created a group of 575 3D objects !

I memorized this huge group, and created a new map with the latest version of Max. Then, I flattened a lot accordingly to lay all the property on it. I was very surprised that Max knew how to do it !

However, here is the small list of issues I have experienced with this method.

1/ The Audio Zones that were in the map are still there, but they no longer work. There is no longer even a 5-sided stretch "spoke". I have to delete them to get new ones.

2/ All the electricity needs to be redone. The links between switches and Lights no longer exist.

3/ The 575 3D objects reappear in "Physics On" mode, and collision modes are active, including for outdoor plants. I had to delete them all, because the collision mode of the plants is impossible to change! Even by selecting "No collision", they have collisions which are imposed, and not editable.

4/ The Gravity was activated for all 575 3D objects, which gave me a small 30 FPS at the time of the first Test Game

5/ The Behaviors are all gone.

In short. Creating such a huge group may not be the best way to get a large part of the map. Because the "Group" forgets all the personalized parameters of the objects. However, thank you Max !
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2022 19:27
Hi UltraVox ,
same thing here with the terrain...falling thru all over the place now.
re-d/led everything 3 time still same problem.

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Please post the bugs you find on Github.
Also keep in mind the terrain, Vegetation and tree system is constantly changing right now and will probably continue over the next month with new additions and improvements.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2022 03:53
hey Synchro ,
already posted on Github.

Thx

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 00:24:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 00:24:23