Product Chat (Early Access) / What we need desperately

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I take pen in hand to again beg commander Lee to put in a provision to play videos between the levels. Also needed is a way for the player to exit the video and go directly to the next level.
chuckster
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2021 11:29
You can do that now can't you?
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2021 14:30 Edited at: 26th Dec 2021 14:30
Quote: "You can do that now can't you?"

Not sure of the difference between playing vids at the end of a level or between levels ?
That amounts to the same thing to me.
Playing at the end of a level is possible i believe but either way i do not think its desperately needed just yet.
So much else needs sorting first.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
chuckster
Years of Service
User Offline
Should this option be added a story and also help hints can be told as the game goes along making it far more entertaining that the normal game.
chuckster
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2021 12:41
In my opinion, adding this option now would not be productive. It's not even an Alpha, for me it's a pre-alpha. Max will be Alpha in March 2022, with a long (very long) string of issues and bugs. Nothing serious needs to be built yet. Of course, it lacks a lot of "important" functions, but there are so many graphics problems (lights, shadows, ...) that it would be wise to solve them first before doing anything else. Don't try to build full levels/games just yet. TGC just needs the bug reports. Even for March 2022, I guarantee you that Max will not be able to finish full games. There are so many problems and missing functions that it is impossible to get there by March.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 07:21:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 07:21:46