Product Chat (Early Access) / GameGuru MAX Live - Broadcast #49 Answers

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2021 16:45 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2021 16:46
Hi All,

Find below a recording of today's live broadcast:

And here are the answers I could not get to from the live chat during the broadcast:

Q> ​Any plans for a proper topdown controller/view template?
A> There are no plans for a top-down view gameplay mode, we are focusing on the first-person shooter perspective.

Q> ​Will u focus on a Reallusion character creator 3 import workflow?
A> There are no plans for supporting the full export capabilities of Character Creator 3 in GameGuru MAX. There may be some compatibility, but it is not a priority for the first version of the product.

Q> ​Also is it me or do the gloves on the character look a little off?
A> If you can provide more details on what specifically is wrong with the gloves, I can pass the comments over to our artist.

Q> Will new features or shapes be added to the ebe? we need primitives so we can actually greybox levels, and the ability to resize the grid.
A> There are no plans to substantially expand the current Structure Editor in terms of extra shapes, or resizing the 10x10 100x100x100 grid it is based on.

Q> ​What is the GameGuru Max release status?
A> There is no release date, we are keeping the release date open and release when the product has hit a specific quality milestone.

Q> ​I'm an artist but it's been really hard to get my models into gameguru because it does not support common model formats like FBX, is there not any plans to make weapons FBX supported?
A> GameGuru MAX Model Importer does support FBX, GLTF, and OBJ model formats. It is likely you have a specific FBX model that has some edge cases causing your import to fail. If you have the right, please forward any FBX models that fail to import to us so we can ensure the importer can handle them in a future build. The FBX model format does not distinguish between weapon models and non-weapon models, but for clarity, there are no plans to support a 'weapon detection' system in the importer, and if you wish to create weapons for GameGuru MAX we will be providing a guide and some template files to show you how to create them yourself as a 3D modeller and animator.

Thanks for all your questions, more answers next Wednesday 4 PM GMT
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good @ Lee
A few critiques on the lady, but isn't all you have to do is point them to tutorials on
how to "Make Your Own Custom Character Creator Parts" and drag them into CC?
Would hope this is still going to be a capability?- and people can try to do "better"?

Is Make Human possible? Daz3D? How about Vroid? I can't find very clear license info on them, but Vroid offers a change of scenery into the mainstream, new game types outside the apocalyptic jungle Classic saw so much critique over. And almost simple enough to use? Though if you really want crayon effect-- (Japanese avatars...) it's your tool.
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2021 08:32
The hairstyles need a bit more work I'm afraid, especially the female ones. They all look so thin, you can clearly see the scalp through the ponytail style and the wavy style. Right now it looks like Alopecia Simulator 2021. Obviously you're never going to generate the ~100,000 hairs the average human has on their head, but the hair styles need to be thicker, or maybe the scalp texture could change based on the hairstyle selected so it looks like it has more hair.

AE
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2021 08:35

Also, why doth her lips jut out so?

AE
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Also, why doth her lips jut out so?"

Ye i did mention in the Stream if we could adjust the Botox
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MindiFlyth
Years of Service
User Offline
I know you folks are working hard and I don't want to be discouraging, but these characters designs need work.

The (very) thin hair on the female is definitely a problem, but the males and females share a few other hair problems. Their hair is cut a little too high above the sideburn area. A real person would only get that look if they shaved REALLY high. Some of the hairlines (like in the blond hair in this video) are very sharp and doll-like. Finally, the eyebrow placement is off. The brows seem too high, they start a little too close to the nose, and they're thin. You don't see it so much when the female character has the full face of makeup, but otherwise the male and female both have eyebrows that look distractingly artificial.

Beyond the hair, the woman character's mouth juts out too much. Plump lips are fine, but she's kind of got a duck face. And can you do anything to give the eyes some movement? Those staring eyes are just lifeless, and an occasional glace around would make everybody look more human.

I've seen things in other programs where you can upload a PNG texture onto a character's face or body. It vastly expands the CC options, because (for example) you can upload your own custom makeup, tattoos, shirt designs, etc. Will this be an option for MAX?
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2021 11:26
Eyes should be a standalone model, so reflection just affects the eyeball, and they might be easily animated. imho.
I hope char bones is not limit to 61 bones.
Hair most likely needs to be most dense.
I myself modeled a figure in a painting that followed the player with his gaze around the room, so it shouldn't be that difficult.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Jun 2021 18:26
I fully agree with Avenging Eagle.
Maybe the artist must take one step back , and look again. No disrespect to the artist, i know its not easy to make models especially characters.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Casigus
Years of Service
User Offline
this error every time I place a light down. even after the update. epp. any one else?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "this error every time I place a light down. even after the update. epp. any one else?"

Whats the error ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 11:23:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 11:23:01