Product Chat / [SOLVED] What's the best tool or method to find/search Entities?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2021 14:52
A cool thing about GG is the massive amount of assets available, but searching through them seems a bit of a project. In searching the forum, I found DannyD's app from 2018, which makes life a lot easier. Is that the best/latest, or is there a better tool/mod to go about searching?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Graphix @ Forums/Third Party Tools has "Asset Manager"
and then there is also just open Windows folder search that could help in a pinch-
unless that's what you've been doing.
PM
Loktofeit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2021 17:26
@GubbyBlips Been using both Agent Ransack and DannyD's app. Still a project when you're looking for a type of item rather than a specific item. For example, I want to see if there is a melee weapon in my collection that is like a crowbar or tire iron. Just short of compiling all the BMPs into one folder and scanning through them all, there really is no way to do that.

Asset Manager looks like it will do what I need, but I really can't justify sinking $40 into a pet project just to be able to search assets - a feature that any and every program with some form of asset collection logically has. If I'm going to spend another $40, it'll be to just buy the assets outright.

Hmmm... in light of that... going to go add the DLCs I don't have yet to my watchlist in case a collection goes on sale with the pieces I want.

Anyway, you answered my question, so thank you!
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 8th Jun 2021 18:48
@Loktofeit i can assure you Asset Manager is not a 'pet project' i have been working on and still working on AM for nearly 4 years, a lot of time money and effort as gone into Asset Manager, i do not believe it is over priced for the current features when you think i am adding new features all the time.

What i can do for you is Asset Manager Lite i have reduced the price by 50% on the store so for $7 you can get the library features you need.
https://www.tgcstore.net/product/35371
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-9700K @4.2GHz - 64GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB - 2TB NVe, 1TB NVe, 2TB Hybrid Data Drive
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Asset Manager
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2021 00:45 Edited at: 9th Jun 2021 10:45
Quote: "Asset Manager looks like it will do what I need, but I really can't justify sinking $40 into a pet project just to be able to search assets "

If that was all you wanted it for then i may agree as i think a search for assets is just overrated, a bit lazy and easily done via a windows folder search. However AM pretty much does what everyone has ever asked for.

Main features include:

Model importer and exporter
GG Menu Creator creates full custom Menu and Buttons in about 10 mins
GG Standalone Custom Icon Creator/Editor
LUA Creator/Editor
FPE Creator/Editor
INI Editor
FX Creator/Editor
GG Library Manager/Project Creator including full asset search via keyword / metatags
Clone tool to allow complete Directory backups
Surface texture creator and probably more i have missed.

To call it a pet project is an insult as i know Graphix has spent a few thousand on licencing etc overall which will take some years to actually get into any profit. And what's more most will be fully Max compatible so its more an investment rather than anything else.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2021 08:53
Quote: "To call it a pet project is an insult as i know Graphix has spent a few thousand on licencing etc overall which will take some years to actually get into any profit. And what's more most will be fully Max compatible so its more an investment rather than anything else."

Agree 100%
AM is not just a tool, it is the faithful reflection of a person (GraPhiX) who decided one day to take a giant step, and that allowed him to grow as an application developer, as well as an excellent modeler, so bravo! for him.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Loktofeit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2021 16:40
I apologize if you took exception to the term "pet project". It refers to a project done because of one's passion for it.

For example:
Quote: "We call them pet projects or passion projects, not because this is the only use we derive from them, but because that's what is required to keep them up, to succeed. "
(source)

Anyway, thanks for the info! Will take a look at that Lite version you have.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:13:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:13:28