Product Chat / GameGuru MAX Live - Broadcast #46 Answers

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 18:26
Hi All,

Here is the video from today's live broadcast. Sorry for the length, you get two weeks worth of questions answered in this one - oops:

And here are the questions I could not reach live:

Q> Can we have a visual indication that the zones have something assigned to them?
A> All zones will always have something assigned to them (media-wise) by default so you can drop them in and go.

Q> Something new about fog system?
A> No new news about fog. We did some small repairs, but we are not 100% thrilled with how it works across all scenarios. I think when we are finalizing our atmospheric scattering of the new terrain system we will ensure the fog does what we need it to do, and then open up some options for what you might expect you can change.

Q> We need a bigger area to build games!
A> Please wait for the new terrain system, the ground is much bigger

Q> ​Will GG max have Android export?
A> There are no plans to develop GameGuru MAX for anything other than Windows 10 and above.

Q> Can you animate particles?
A> Yes, the Particle Editor allows each particle to use an animated texture atlas. It's not a common usage for volumetric particles, but you can do this in MAX if you wish.

Q> Is it advisable to import an entire map into GG? For example, pull in the entire environment of the map from blender and importing it?
A> That one goes into the 'how long is a piece of string' answer. Small tidy chunks of terrain geometry can be imported as static details for your game, but you will not be able to import 'New York' and have it run at game speeds. Assume the answer is mostly no to be on the safe side.

Q> Will there be a 3rd person option at some point?
A> There are no plans to support third-person perspective gameplay or controls for the time being, we want to focus on first-person and get that absolutely right before spreading ourselves across many additional features.

Q> Does the zones will be sizable?
A> Yes you can modify the size of the zones to define an exact area you would like to trigger an event. The shapes you see now are just the default areas you get if you drag in a zone and run the level.

Q> Is there another format for importing models other than .x?
A> Absolutely. You can also import FBX, GLTF, and OBJ too. You can also import our own DBO proprietor format.

Thanks for all your great questions, even the ones from last week Speak to you all in a week!
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 18:28
Lee, check your PM's relating to the undo history idea raised in the latest broadcast, great stuff so far.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 18:39
Re: The question about the Undo History List, I have a DAW called Presonus Studio one and this has a UNDO, HISTORY and REDO, if you click history, it will open a small window that allow you to click and go back to a certain point.

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One

If you download Studio One Prime it is free, I use the Artist version which was with my audio interface. Not sure if the free version has the Undo history option but it should.

Regards

Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 20:21 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2021 20:21
Why am i the only one not having a teenage overdrive thrill fest on an undo button? Many things in life to be excited about an undo aint on that list lol
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Many things in life to be excited about an undo aint on that list lol"

Until you need it. Then its a different story
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 21:06
Yeah that history option in studio one is a godsend, making little tweaks when making audio, music etc it is invaluable to have. I guess with audio, the tweaks are smaller and not as "visible" as with MAX's editor. When you got 16+ audio tracks to mix and master down, this is so useful.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Rolad D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 21:07 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2021 21:17
Excuse double post internet is slow today in uk
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 21:15 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2021 21:23
@ tarkus
If you are talking music and the editors they use its more a need especially with extreme positioning on the synths to get very precise sounds but a god send yes

a thrill fest no. Now give me a few drinks and nick kershaw or something as similarly embarrassing and im ya man. Or going to dj to 3000 people done that at an all nighter thats a thrill or backstage at Glastonbury watching Bowie and other bands and crowds, again a great buzz. travelling the world a buzz an undo button to me not quite there yet.
Just adding some fun and no harm Meant to Anyone. it will be useful jus prefer to see the world develop rather than more buttons to do stuff. Shame you cant undo a post lol (as in my above post that is)
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2021 22:15
A nice big undo button to go back to before the pandemic would be nice.

I'm sure as MAX has undo anyway, a history option wouldn't take to much coding time.

@scienceboy - no worries, Oh I remember the gigging band days, if only we had the tech like we do now, way back in the 80s.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Rolad D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2021 17:30
Quote: " no worries, Oh I remember the gigging band days, if only we had the tech like we do now, way back in the 80s."

I take a 71 child like myself a good vintage year to be born we saw the emergence of glam rock punk ska in the 70's in the 80s synth pop goth indie new romantic and the awesome start of the rave scene. 90s saw the dance scene erupt i
Thats just music we got to use the first home. Computers i was c64 etc so we wers born at the best time.

Now back on track like the ideas around the triggers and the particles
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I know why old bugs pop back into existence after watching the broadcast Lee is updating last weeks code lol.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:25:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:25:07