Product Chat / GameGuru MAX Collision & Delete request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Re: Broadcast #45
Can an entity/object's collision property be changed after it has been imported.

Not only.. But also....

Is it possible to delete an entity/object from the entitybank in the gui.

Thanks
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Re: Broadcast #45
Can an entity/object's collision property be changed after it has been imported."

Although Lee said no to this i assume he means from the GUI which there isnt an option for.
However im pretty sure you can edit the .fpe and change the collision mode the old way after import.

Quote: "Is it possible to delete an entity/object from the entitybank in the gui."

Not currently no.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2021 12:15
I think this thread is to prompt Lee about this as in the stream he said he would add it to the to do list for MAX as it was a good idea.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2021 13:26
Quote: "Is it possible to delete an entity/object from the entitybank in the gui. "

That would be a good idea

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2021 13:48 Edited at: 27th May 2021 13:50
Quote: "That would be a good idea"

It would be a good idea but the fear of accidently deleting one would worry me.
Its not just like accidently deleting from the map as you can put it back ( and done that many times )
From the entitybank itself though when its gone its gone .

Easy Collision changes after import via the UI is a great idea though.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2021 13:50
Alternatively open a Windows file dialogue which auto-populates with the entity location and file name from any entity selected.

Like that the RMB->Open file location does for a shortcut.

What would also be nice would be to be able to load any script attached to an entity directly into the default .lua editor without having to go find it.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2021 15:26
A database with all the info about the entities over your map.

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
FPSR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Deleting.. Think Lee was talking about undo history at some point...may be it could be part of that?
Or could it have an "are you sure option" and then delete and go to your recycle bin? Probably making a molehill out of a mountain, Just thought it would be a way of keeping your entities tidy without the need to jumping out of the gui and going through the folders. Seeing the preview image and deciding if you had duplicates , or if an import didnt work as expected.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""are you sure option" and then delete and go to your recycle bin? "

Ye that would work .. Some warning at least.
PM
FPSR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Just had a thought that's put a spanner in the works. If you delete an entity that is considered a duplicate or not need, but was used in an old map that you later decide to update then I guess everything will come up as missing like it does in gameguru when you move folders about.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just had a thought that's put a spanner in the works. If you delete an entity that is considered a duplicate or not need, but was used in an old map that you later decide to update then I guess everything will come up as missing like it does in gameguru when you move folders about. "

Yep for sure .. Maybe not ideal then
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I would have thought deleting an item from the map would not equate to deleting an item out your library. Defo not a good idea for GG to start actually deleting actual library objects. Why many engines make copies of stuff for each project I imagine.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Right. Deletions and anything remotely similar should be FAR from the mind of GG engine tasks. But we possibly by an odd quirk COULD GET IT ALREADY- as explained:
Just yesterday when loading up a map that I had been working on a few weeks earlier, I realized that a custom texture re-creation I had painstakingly worked on had disappeared.
Oddly enough the original was in it's place. Well, I'm pretty sure this *maybe* wasn't GG, but the only other tool that could have done so was https://www.TGCStore.net/
STRANGE! I had placed another order since working on that level, but still-- WHY would it delete and replace a texture that was named the proper original texture name? It should have left it alone. Anyhow, I managed to spend an hour or two replacing it, and luckily, that was because I found the first steps of my texture work to get me started. I now have it backed up on the desktop.

More history: the first time I ran the level yesterday, GG froze and went into re-load mode. I hard- shut down GG then restarted and loaded the level again, this time it worked -- where I found my custom texture missing, and in it's place the original. I'm wondering if GG re-loaded the 'backup' file and put the original texture into the place of the custom?? Or this was TGCstore trickery?? I really hope neither tool is doing anything like that, and that if any file work is done, a very specific notice is sent to user first.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
If you alter anything from the store I believe it detects the change and replaces the item. Always make sure you backup anything you have customised.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 11:47:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 11:47:33