Product Chat / Release of MCS Movement Control Script for non-coders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2021 21:18
MCS Movement Control Script
By GoDevil

Today I am announcing the release of a new Game Guru LUA script designed to allow non-coders to quickly create movement and sound control for GG Classic*. This script is provided as public domain. You are free to use the script without cost. Please note that beyond the included operators manual, there is no additional support provided. * Not yet tested on GG Max.

The MCS script can be attached to non-static entities in Game Guru, allowing the developer to control movements of the entity during game play. The script also includes the ability to move the camera (player) along with the moving entity, allowing the developer new and exciting ways to develop interesting games.

MCS is designed for non-coders. All of the code needed to perform the movements is already complete. The game developer simply enters step by step information, such as direction, speed, ascend/descend rates, turns, sounds, and other controls. Once each of the movement steps has been entered, the resulting script is attached to the non-static entity in the Game Guru editor. During game play the entity can be activated based upon how the movement sequence controls have been set-up.

If interested the script and supporting materials are available in the Scripts section of the forum.

If you'd like to get an idea of some of the things that the script can do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMp-i-scfIQ
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 10, 8GB ram, GTX 1060 2GB ram
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2021 10:18
I did something similar about 4 years ago.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216730#msg2563082
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2021 13:22
Here ya go
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2021 16:04
Many thanks to AmenMoses and Smallg for there many helpful answers over the years. I gave Amen a shout-out in the operators manual for helping me with the sound controls.

Thank you OldFlak. One of these days I'll figure out how to link you tube videos to the forum

As for this video I did it several years ago when I was just starting to work on the MCS concept. It's too long and kind of silly, but you'll get the idea. There are now many additional features to the MCS script I released.

"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 10, 8GB ram, GTX 1060 2GB ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:06:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:06:24