Product Chat / [LOCKED] Asgood ready for testing

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 16:06 Edited at: 26th Feb 2021 16:07
Hi all,
I know asgood's an old wip so many of you probably don't check it out nowadays but I have just completed an new episode, please if you get 5 mins check it out and give some feedback, errors etc for me. It's on my wip page here.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220201

Cheers have fun
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
XFX R5 2gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I gave it a quick try. It was not obvious what to do (for me at least) once you had picked up the gun and ammo. I managed to find the actual main level quite by accident. You may want to make that more obvious Once there my main issue was being rubbish at FPS games. No chance of killing everyone or close lol. I also got Suit failure being shouted at me constantly as well which was a little annoying. It was not easy to spot what my health actually was or how to regain any.

Ran nice and fast though overall, apart from loading times of course I gave up after about 4 attempts to clear the map, due to me knowing I was not going to get much further and load times
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2021 18:25 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2021 18:27
@Dvader hmm thats weird loading times for me and beanz was really quick, yeah m8 do know about the start issue will put a big silly sign on the train and maybe a notice or an npc in to tell you your health regens if you stand still for a min and maybe make it faster.
Maybe try to stop the suit message repeating so much, was both aidisabletreeobstacles=1 and aidisableobstacles=1 like so in settings? that would slow it down i usually have both set to 1 when I'm done with the levels and load it up like that.
But thanks for having a go will start to sort the issues bit later on tonight. Cheers m8
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
The loading side may be my computer, I'm constantly down to about 10-20 gig free I've pretty much run out of things to remove. I'm just used to GG maps taking awhile to load.
Just checked settings and see this.

So not set to 1 by default.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2021 20:19
Yeah m8 mine are set to 1 = about 60 sec to load per level, 2nd level a bit more maybe 1.20 ish so that's probably it, i'll make sure to change it in the next upload... cheers
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2021 21:11 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2021 22:36
Just changed the above settings and tried again. Stumbled onto another level, lol. I was trying to clear the scene of imps, going around the perimeter to clear them (going in the middle and working outwards was not working) and hit an unknown loading screen. Unfortunately it crashed

Noticed the suit warning did give up after a bit, but I'd defo make it loop a lot less often
It took 12 seconds to load to the menu and 1 min 6 secs to load the first level btw.

That's my best attempt, think I got all the hostiles, didn't shoot any that didn't attack first, so could have added a few to the total. Can't get to the second level though, not sure if you are supposed to leave the non aggressive imps alone or not

Oh one other issue, the roads are very black and so are the loot drops, so can be very tough to see enemy ammo/guns when you kill them on a road.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2021 12:48 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2021 12:51
@ Dvader King!!!!! lol ok m8 gonna read through the issues again as i edit the maps thank you for having a good go at it, yeah you can shoot the animated imps for extra dosh, they now fly away and blow up when shot. No idea on the error got a new build to test today so will run back and fourth over the levels see if i can repeat it, black roads is weird they are Reliquia's so will have to check the files copied correctly. Coronadome is in the yard on level 3 north Asgood he when killed should port you back to level 1 same as level 2 just run through the tunnel also if you go to the theatre = level 2 you tp inside and there's a few in there doing weird and wonderful things. and need something in there to use the coins on was thinking of a god gun and teddies that you buy and they appear in the base, still thinking on that one, ideas?
P.s what was the Error? cant read it =old age
P.P.S will most likely upload the new version later tonight after I've run through it unless i think of something to add for the coins.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Announcing the game in Product chat was fine but discussions should now be in the link provided by the OP.
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220201
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:57:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:57:02