Product Chat / Problem Using Second - Extended - Monitor in W10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I use a 24" monitor as a second HDMI monitor to my gaming laptop. If I open GGMax on my laptop using the default/primary screen, everything works fine. But of course I would much rather use my 24" monitor for GGMax work than my 17" laptop screen - like I do with every other graphics or video editing program I run (many).
If I open GGMax and drag the GGMax window to my second monitor I can not do some things. For example, I can go to Entities and pick up a barrel but can not drop it on the terrain - it's stuck to the cursor but won't drop. I can move the round cursor around the terrain but if I attempt to use any of the terrain sculpture tools - nothing happens to the terrain. The functions seem to work but nothing changes on the terrain. Yet I can run the example cellar game with almost no issues on the second monitor.
I use this same setup - Windows 10, Dell G3 with tons of RAM and 8th Gen i7 to run a lot of video editing, architectural design and other programs that are ALL highly demanding of both processor and graphics. No problems using my second (Extended) monitor with any program except GGMax.
If I change the setup of my monitors so that the second monitor is a duplicate of the first all GGMax functions will work on BOTH monitors - sort of a waste of functionality that way.
How can I use my larger HDMI second monitor as an extended (not duplicated) display with GGMax, continue to use my primary monitor for routine stuff like email or another application and use GGMax fully functional on the second monitor -- like I do with every other Windows application I run?
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2020 21:13
MAX is not even finished yet why are you trying to use to do anything other than testing?

Report this as a bug on the MAX thread or directly in GitHub.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 06:25:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 06:25:56