Product Chat / Questions from forum novice user and gameguru novice user

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. This is me a new user of this forum and a gameguru beginner. I have a few questions for you.
Hope my new thread is in the right section.
1 - How to create a multi-level game so that the game loads level by level?
2 - Can the levels that I want to combine / complete to be one in the game so that they load level by level be saved in a folder other than mapbank?
3 - Are all FPS Creator modelpacks compatible with Gameguru? Mainly I mean modelpack 58 with weapons of the Second World War. I am asking this because when I put a pair of weapons on the ground at the test level, no matter if the rifles themselves or the rifle and ammunition, I have only one cartridge or only 5, not a few full magazines and, for example, 100 rounds. In FPS Creator, when weapons or ammunition were collected, the ammunition was completed on the basis of, for example, 30/320. And this is exactly what I would like to achieve. Because when I collect ammunition or weapons I have 1/5 and after reloading 5/0.
4 - Will other modelpack objects or buildings besides modelpack 58 from FPS Creator work with Gameguru? Will there be no errors or graphic fading?
5 - When you complete the levels so that they load level by level ... you know a multi-level game and I click standalone, will it create a game with a complete set of levels or will it be broken into individual levels to run? I care about a set of levels. And I don't want to make a mistake.
6 - how to create loading screens?
7 - how to create captions for loading screens, e.g. mission objectives or a story of something or a description of something?
8 - How to create a menu?
9 - Is it possible to create an extensive menu with functions such as mission select or select chapter as in some games, e.g. call of duty 2?
10 - Can you create an extensive menu of options, e.g. changing graphics, resolution, keys, gameplay, etc.
11 - If it is easy to build a menu with the option of choosing a mission, can it be named as e.g. in call of duty 2?
And how?
I do not mean the save or save as function in the gameguru (giving the save location and name), but I mean the name of the mission as in the selection of the mission in call of duty 2. Names next to the flag - the campaign of the country
12 - And if it is not possible to create such an option as with CoD 2, then can it be like a medal of honor or something?
I am asking these questions because I think maybe there is some way to do something like this by avoiding the script / code path.
13 - There are WWII packs on thegamecreators page with the purchase of gamegur add-ons and there is MG42 and it is free, does it immediately go to the purchased gameguru on steam program? Is the MG42 in installer form? The same applies to other items from the WWII package intended for gameguru - is it a separate installer or is it added from the machine to the program purchased on steam?
14 - Can you make floors and basements in the gameguru? In the sense of a level above and below. If so, in what way? In FPS Creator, I know it was the edit layer?
15 - In one of the demo games called Escape or somehow included in the gameguru, it is possible to detonate explosives. Is there any simple way to do this to detonate such things? Do you need scripts for this?

Are there any simple tutorials for such things without programming?

You know, I'm asking these things not because I'm stupid or because I'm a kid. I'm 21 years old. I learn on this program. I want to get to know him and create my first work on the subject of the Second World War. That it would be as functional as possible, so that the game could be completed / you could shoot without any problems with collecting weapons and ammunition and that it was all stable.
Since gameguru allows you to add modelpacks from fps creator without any problems, so that these weapons are visible, I would like there to be no problems with using them. The FPS Creator was easy to create and I spent a lot of time on it. And this is gameguru, a new tool and it seems difficult to use, and in my opinion it is easy just to learn. I am asking for your help.
Regarding WWII weapons from the modelpack 58 intended for the FPS Creator, I read that there is something wrong with some LUA. I don't know exactly what this is about, but if it's true, there are some problems with it. Can I count on your help in fixing it? I want my planned project for a game or a series of games to be fully functional as possible in this program. And that the ammunition for the weapon is fully completed, just like in FPS Creator. This is my first project / idea and I would like it to be successful. And yet the Modelpack 58 has almost the entire most important arsenal of WWII weapons. Well, maybe except for the Welrod, or Delisle or Stena with a silencer (because they are in new packages for the gameguru)
Can I count on your help in this? Since it is compatible, it means that it can be used to the full so that it is functional and can be shot without any obstacles / problems.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2020 23:21
I think you need to start at the beginning and work your way through
https://www.game-guru.com/tutorials

This will start you off , good luck with your projects

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
kacper987204
Years of Service
User Offline
Rather, these films will not answer all of the above questions. and why good luck if other questions are also unrelated to these videos?
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2020 23:59
Quote: "Rather, these films will not answer all of the above questions. and why good luck if other questions are also unrelated to these videos?"

I would need to write a book to answer all your questions , It’s best if you start of by looking at the beginner tutorials and work from there . people will help as you progress with your project

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2020 00:15 Edited at: 9th Nov 2020 17:53
I think everything you are asking there requires a good understanding of GameGuru to start with and going by your questions you do not have that ... For example question number 1

Quote: "1 - How to create a multi-level game so that the game loads level by level?"

You create your maps one at a time with their own start markers and unique name which must be saved to the default mapbank folder. Each level has to have a win zone added at the end of each level. The name of the next map you want to load has to be added to the "ifused" in the winzone so once you finish in that zone it knows what to load.

As you can see watching the Tutorials is so much easier.

Once you start hitting the fpsc Model pack questions it then gets really complicated. They are not just compatible unfortunately and many need heavy modifications especially weapons .

The most up to date and better detailed are here .. Series 1 and 2

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE-iCIs1FHEEgq_BYY5Y5RF8LFbYKYkWD

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE-iCIs1FHEF-BNSdZIoUaC0PrkplS5Zo
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"I think maybe there is some way to do something like this
by avoiding the script / code path."

Nope, not really-- and I hope there is NOT. GG Classic has the unfortunate
reputation of trying to build the games out for all people automatically. "Game Making
for Everyone." What they have done-- that's okay, for first time practice. But unless
you want to face the swamp monster reviews in Steam (if that's your intent), then it's
really recommended to learn scripting and customization skills to build a unique
player experience above many dozens of zombie shooters. But step (1) is to learn the
basics BEFORE scripting. So your questions are valid questions, do watch the videos--
they might give you some ideas, and as these nice guys have pointed out, people are
sure to help with other tasks that aren't quite so clear in the accessible documentation.
Besides, didn't you say; "I learn on this program."

Also-- welcome to the forums! Stick around and show us your game progress!

PM
Cobbs
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone with a history of using RPG Maker might find GG's goal to be similar.

RPG Maker is very developed but seems to aim to be a similar genre toolkit for developers. In this way, GG is eons behind RPG Maker in many ways. However, they are the same kind of tool and GG has it's own strengths.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyone with a history of using RPG Maker might find GG's goal to be similar.
RPG Maker is very developed but seems to aim to be a similar genre toolkit for developers. In this way, GG is eons behind RPG Maker in many ways. However, they are the same kind of tool and GG has it's own strengths."

uhm how so? RPG maker focuses on 2D RPGs while GG focuses on 3D FPSers... they're not even close.
if you were feeling really generous you could say they are both aimed at beginners / allow the user to be more focused on level design rather than the core mechanics but you still need to learn the engines
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 06:26:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 06:26:36