Scripts / particles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2019 19:32 Edited at: 7th Aug 2019 19:33
Hi..
Since I'm not familiar with the scripting, and the parameters for the particle emitter are not exactly clear (at least for me), I have my outdated delphi again brought out and installed. It's been almost 17 years since I last used delphi. I can tell you, I do not know anything anymore. Everything gone. Accordingly, I found the entry difficult and ultimately I resigned. What I have now is a small helper application that can be used to describe the particle routine of AmenMoses in a rather clear way.

It's nothing special, but may be useful for beginners and the ignorant like me.

I am not or only sporadically present for a month from tomorrow, so this will probably be the last thing that comes from me ...

DOWNLOAD
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2019 22:48
This should probably be in third party tools although a how-to guide would be ok here if it covers how to use the tool to generate the script and then how to use the script.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
a way to see the changes in real time would be a great program to have
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi..
Actually I'm almost on the way but the time has to be. Normally I wanted to write the tool only for me, because I quickly lost the overview with the number column. And because I wanted it that way, I made it as easy as possible. That's why..

@ AmmenMoses True, I would have to accommodate in the other section. Maybe a moderator can postpone that, it would be nice. When I get back and it should be interesting (which I do not believe) I can make a video while using it. But I have enclosed a readme file, there is written, how to prepare it and basically used. Which brings me to the operation, how I do that ...

@ Smallg Yes, that would be ideal, of course, to have a small monitor that displays everything at runtime. But unfortunately I'm not an application developer. I am already happy that the program is running at all.
When I tested the program I ran Gameguru in the background, put my test object (a campfire) in the map and made it dynamic and handed him the script created.

Then I started a test game and checked the quality, finished the test game and edited the script with the script and so on.

It was not going to be a top application, but if I can handle it, I thought it might be useful to some. The possibilities of working with particles are very extensive. That can not be achieved with decals.
And the actual script can be inserted after function xxx_main (e). This is an extended default script, so to speak.

so, now I have to go...

see you later..
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Excuse me
I forgot 3 examples to try out.

examples
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ Smallg Yes, that would be ideal, of course, to have a small monitor that displays everything at runtime. But unfortunately I'm not an application developer. I am already happy that the program is running at all.
When I tested the program I ran Gameguru in the background, put my test object (a campfire) in the map and made it dynamic and handed him the script created."

oh i wasn't criticizing your app, just thinking out loud as a feature, i know it wouldn't be a small task, i looked into it using AGK but unfortunately AGK doesn't handle .dds so it doesn't really translate well to GG
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I could stand it, but I get no criticism. I can not say for sure, but I think you can use any viewer. He just needs to have the name wtb.exe. Can not check it right now
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i mean i looked into making a real time particle editor for GG using AGK but AGK doesn't know how to load .dds and as most of GG's particles are in .dds format it wasn't suited (fine if you were loading .png images though)
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 05:14:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 05:14:00