3rd Party Models/Media Chat / importing dazstudio model to gameguru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 13:39
is that possibile to import a model from the daz studio to the gameguru?
if yes what kinds of software i need for rigging and weighting etc
also makehuman is an option i have in mind any info will be appreciated thx
silver is light
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 13:43
Not sure what format DAZ studios will export, but they have very strict license requirements to use there stuff in everything.

Makehuman might do you better.
Check out this link.
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219217
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Mortt
Years of Service
User Offline
I have tried using DAZ characters to import into GG. But the high poly count in DAZ causes problems. They have to be converted into other applications, then converted to GG format. The results are not good. But for making cut scene video intros and the like, DAZ is very good.

The DAZ material can’t be directly used in GG without a licence to use in other applications. This licence can be obtained from the model maker or in some cases DAZ. However some item from DAZ is open to use in other application. Aka Open Licence, Public Licence, etc.

But creating video with DAZ and using that video piece in GG is allowed. Or creating any scene in DAZ and importing that scene into GG is allowed. DAZ models have to be used in DAZ and created in DAZ then can be used in GG.

BUT, scrutinise the “MODEL” licence before using in GG as some models used in DAZ have restriction in usage, Like TV, Film, Animations, Games, etc, even the free ones have some restrictions.
(Custom) Intel i7 3.3 Mhz. 16 GB fast ram. EVGA Nvidia 560 Ti 4GB. Dell US27 2560 x 1440. AOC 24 1920 x 1080. Awesome.
Next G. Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Graphics Card.
Would Like EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCIe3.0 Graphics Card
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2018 13:33
Stoped using DAZ a long time ago the poly count is massive also there licensing is like stepping through a minefield .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Moved to Moved to 3rd Party Models/Media
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2018 03:56
I looked at this awhile ago gave my self a headache and decide I probable could not afford the licenses anyway.
This is what I discovered.

Daz 3d does support exporting as FBX whether it is compatible with GG import function I do not Know.

If you want to use a model from DAZ in any games engine you will need to have either the developer license from the models creator or the models Interactive license You need licenses not only for the base model but also any clothing props textures etc you may choice to add.
(Read the terms of each license carefully some Model creators add addition conditions to the standard terms. )

The Models will have to be decimated quite heavily to fit GGs requirements. Also if the option is available you should remove hidden polygons particularly when you add clothes etc (both options are available in Posers development versions not sure about daz3d)

As for rigging and animation IN THEORY you should be able to use Daz3s animation system and export them in the FBX provided GG FBX is supporting animations correctly. remember to make an not of the begin and end frames of each sequence you will need them in order to use them in GG (note you will also require the correct licenses for the animations) .

A lot of this depends on what options the DAZ3d FBX exporter supports and whether GG also supports output from them.

One area you will defiantly have a lot of problems is textures DAZ models use a lot of textures you need to be able to turn them into atlases (this may be an option in the FBX export you will have to check that out )

All this is provisional on GG importer supporting DAZ3d version of FBX + animations extra.
As the FBX import function appears to be still under development you will be aiming at a moving target.

Good luck you'll need it.

“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
Albert Einstein
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 21:07:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 21:07:31