Scripts / Basic survival crafting scriptset

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2018 23:20 Edited at: 18th Jan 2018 23:24
Oh? and another speed increase? lol was just trying to write an intro lines and a note reding script for the clues at the start, amazing how when you start to build a level what you realise you will need oh and had another bash at taking zombies on with a hammer = not the best idea but funny lol
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 08:58
One advantage of the using my zones scripts is you can improve performance by tracking where the player and npc are in real time so other scripts can basically sit idle until they need to do something, i.e. instead of having 200 scripts all calculating how far away the player is or whether the player is looking at them you have one script tracking which zone the player is currently in and only those entities in that zone need to do any processing.

Another advantage is that it simplifies things like ambiance sound track processing, instead of multiple trigger scripts, you can have a single sound control script which waits for the player to enter or leave a zone and either fades in or fades out the appropriate sound track for that zone.

For your foraging what I would do is set up foraging zones in specific parts of the map, e.g. "woodZone1", "woodZone2","mineZone1","mineZone2", each forage-able entity would determine which zone it is in at the start of the game. When the player 'collects' the item I would have the entity pick a random location on one of the other foraging zones of the same 'type' and move there.

I would also make use of the zone information to trigger the foraging messages, i.e. as the player enters a mining zone and there are forage-able entities in that zone put up a message saying "this looks like a good area to look for minerals", then whilst the player is in that zone each entity can check if the player is facing them and within a certain distance and then put up the "you've found a <whatever>, press E to collect", or "this is a good spot to mine" message.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 10:33
If i remember correctly i used zones and an e keypress when i was dong the darkharbour scripts did around 30 in all, thing is with the mining i switched to
g_PlayerGunFired so you had to physically use the hammer. Would that still work with zones?
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 14:47
Should do, in the utils lib is a function to detect when the player is looking at an object within a specified distance, that is probably a better match for the mining or foraging.

Btw, when I say zones scripts I'm talking about mine not the GG zones. See this thread https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218470#msg2584479
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 21:48
Quote: "NEED A CHAINSAW!!!!!!! lol "

is this one ok ?

Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 22:00 Edited at: 19th Jan 2018 22:02
lol can it be used as a weapon i have a frying pan lol thats the first one you get in the hunters cabin got a new titles page track that may make you laugh guess where the inspiration came for this one
P.s m8 yeah its very nicely done
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 22:22
Quote: "lol can it be used as a weapon"

yes I am creating a hud for it LOL well trying
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 22:27 Edited at: 19th Jan 2018 23:50
Wicked now that'll be really funny zombie chopping time ! rofl now i just have to get the bloomin standalone to work! :/

Edit : uploading the first standalone now so anyone who has been watching this post can test it for themselves in a fully playable level had quite a few errors with GG not copying files over but i now have it working (maually copied the over) Lee if your watching!!! "standalone needs sorting m8 these were sound files and sprites from the images folder!) anyway all the scripts are unencrypted anyway for you guys to study. theres a couple of new ones an intro, smallg's note scripts slighty adapted some sound emitter scripts etc anyways have a look at them and oh "GO BASH SOME ZOMBIES!" lol its just a pee take tester so have a go and let me know of any errors etc just waiting 20 mins on upload and i'll edit and post the link

Ok guys heres the link check it out, check out the title track most of all check out the scripts the hunters lodge at the beggining is where they all work so please check em out, takes a bit of doing as i havent written the recipies yet. hint you need Ingots from the furnace to make the Lathe and chems bench = weapons there is other weapons on the level some houses you can enter so worth checking doors etc. let me know how you get on and what you think and i may do some more freaky levels lol have fun
P.s as Graphix and AM and myself or anyone else adds stuff i'll add it and rebuild

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrm22w8uun8zzy1/Death%20by%20Daylight.rar?dl=0

and hers the GG advert

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 10:41 Edited at: 20th Jan 2018 10:45
Well I found the hand grenades and made short work of the zombies .. but couldn't get hide so couldn't collect water and couldn't figure out how to make a workbench.

Mining with a frying pan is quite fun though.

Need to deselect the weapon whilst in the inventory menu btw.

Btw some of the doors open the wrong way.

Another thing I've noticed, which is probably a bug in Lee's AI modules, is that if you shoot an npc in the back of the head they instantly flip to face you before dying.
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 11:12 Edited at: 20th Jan 2018 12:41
lol you found the grenades oh yes forgot to add meat drops to the dogmen and test the water, only a quick testrun, yeah did know about the bow, workbench as hinted above you need iron ingots from making a forge. there are a few other melee weapons in the houses, and some firepower in the police station.
Its mainly abit of a fun way to test the scripts, was it too easy? do i need to spawn swarms lol?, did the sound emitters work? 1 long range one in the forrest, 1 at the generator and 1 at the radio in the cabin?
did you find the notes? might have to make a key spawn when you read the one in the cabin to open the gates at the farm.
Thanks for testing it tho m8 have a few bits to do with the scripts btl of it was soo tempted to have another cabin with a henrietta in the fruit cellar
rofl

Edit:
swapped all the doors out for standard fixtures doors as i can see which way is which
corrected main inventory script which had g_watercollected to g_waterscollected to match the collect water script
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 11:51 Edited at: 20th Jan 2018 11:53
Grenades, shotgun and a couple of fancy rifles, did I miss anything?

Oh and the crowbar! Darn zombie wouldn't let go of the chainsaw else I would have had that too!

Sound emitters worked, found the notes.

50 minutes of wandering around to find everything. Found the best way of dealing with the zombies was either walk around behind them and arrow to the head, roll a grenade up to them or bullet to the face. Still managed to run out of ammo and got the last few with the axe.

To turn off the weapon whilst in the inventory:
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 12:52 Edited at: 20th Jan 2018 17:16
Nope maybe the machette in one of the houses, Graphix is working on the chainsaw lol, running out of ammo = cool wanted that for a bit of melee zombie smacking mayhem
Just added those lines and going to buld a new standalone take them down to my other place to test the standalone on a lower spec machine (and give the other half some peace from evil dead sounds lol

While im down there I'm going to check the scripts for none spawning and a few other ideas ready for level two getting closer to the city and closer to whats causing all this and of course slap some zombies about and test it all
Just tested it on my old office dual core and seem to be getting the same issue as i did with dark harbour pic shows the chainsaw brute the dogman models are doing the same on this 2gb radeon. AM did you get any of this m8?

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 17:25
No but he didn't animate very well, the chainsaw was sort of at knee height and he just turned 90 degrees and stayed on the spot.
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 18:09
Have you tried skipfvfconvert = 1 in the fpe file that might put him back together lol
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 20:34
The zones stuff I was on about earlier:

Single entity that repositions every time you 'collect' it.

Two zones in this quick and dirty example, given a little more time I would have the zones named appropriately for the things being collected and have it select the repositioning zone based on how many collectables are already in the zone.

I also incorporated the utils library routine I mentioned.

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 12:33 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 13:42
Thanks Guys will test both of those out

Edit: @ Graphics just checked m8 looks like the chainsaw brute already has been set to skipfvfconvert = 1 :/
will test it out on this machine in a bit as its faster, still i think something that will need looking at as these are stock characters now arnt they?

@ Amen moses have 4 zones set up atm will have 7 i presume i can change these in the collect script for a random statment?

-- get new position for this entity
local otherZone = 'Zone2'

if inZone == 'Zone2' then
otherZone = 'Zone1'
end
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 13:01
@HonkeyBoy: I'm currently working on a single collect.lua script which uses the name of the entity and its 'strength' (actually 'health' from Lua) to allow it to be foraged. Eventually this will mean that instead of lots of global variables we can have just one global list and instead of different scripts for the collectables we will just have one. (the 'strength' setting will determine the maximum value for the random quantity collected each time)

I'll make it so that if zones are in use the entities will reposition themselves but if not they will 'Destroy' so they can be used in both ways.

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 13:47 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 13:49
Sounds cool m8, I've Just backed up the map, cleared it of collectables, laid down zones and reading through your scripts very cool actually and perfect for survival type games
No point me editing the collect script for the other items yet then?
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 14:38
Give me a couple of hours to edit the other scripts to use the new global list. To start with I'll just do the main collectables but I noticed that you rely on the 'Destroy' method for the berries so I'll have to have a think on that one, I like the effect but what we could do with is two models, one with berries and one without (but identical in all other ways) then when you collect the berries the models simply get switched.

I can do it all with the entity names, let me think on it for a bit.
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 14:43
Dont think it matters with the Berries m8 you could just do those the same way I did do it with 2 models but im sure it doesnt matter either way.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 15:30
Here it is working with the shrooms and fibers, same script on both and same zone set up as before:

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 15:48 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 19:49
So here are the scripts so you can see the changes I made.

There is now a global list called g_foraged which is keyed on entity name so for example any entity called 'Shroom' which has the collect.lua script attached can be collected and the amount will end up in g_foraged['Shroom'].amount.

I've done the changes in the inventory script for Fibers, Shrooms, Berries and Tubers.

I'll have a go at a generic mining script which combines chemicals and ores next and add them to the generic 'foraged' list as well, oh and I'll do the wood so collect.lua can be used for that too.

I think for the constructables we could have a separate global list using the same technique.

In the inventory script it will only display the text bit (e.g. 'Tubers 0') if there are actually collectable on the map so it's a nifty wya of checking you actually have some out there to find, useful for testing.

Edited to add Wood & Flint edits, can now make a 'hammer' or in this case entity 7 which is an axe on my map!

Really need to mode the entity ids to their own table so they can be easily edited, I'll do that next!

Edited (again) to add entity list to top of inventory script. Makes it easier to edit them.

Edited(again) to add mining script and edits to inventory script, will work on the constructables next!

I have noticed that sometimes the relocated entities are floating above the ground, not quite sure why yet though.

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 19:54 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 20:38
Been testing need to add the berries, wood and arrows as i carnt see them in the script all the text on the shroom line is missing.( but i assume you just havent added those yet i will re add them now just to test
The fibers don't appear in zone 2 when collected in zone 1 they appear but just not in the zone quite far away
Edit added

back into the menu under catagory "Plants"

also is there any way to size the clock seperately as its way too small for me

otherwise i just carnt read it lol (getting old m8)

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:02 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 21:11
Yep, I'm still adding stuff.

With this version the text colour changes when things are added to the map, i.e. not on map red, on map green. Also the inventory can be triggered when caps lock is on, I'm always accidentally pressing it when trying to run.

Edited to add bigger clock

The names of entities you are collecting have to match the names in the script, so for example all the mushrooms need to be called 'Shroom'.

The g_ names for the ones I've moved have gone btw so you shouldn't be using them, now it's g_foraged[name].amount!

Here is what I've moved so far:

Attachments

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:19
Oops, forgot the new mining script.

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:19 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 21:34
yeah m8 that looks really cool (nice idea) so the text changes from red to green as you collect and craft? like it think a few modern games use this idea as the eye responds to colour quicker than text.... sweet
p.s all the text is back in now and clock is much better

Edit just retested both zone 1 and zone 2 respawn "Fibers" along way out not in the zones thats the name ive used is that correct?
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:28
Here is a video of my small test level:

PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:32
this is very good work guys loving it
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:44 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 21:45
Thanks Graphix, AM is really making these scripts into something cool indeed. How'd you get on whith the saw any joy? i have got a stupidly basic rig if you want to try it its an old chainsaw off the fpsc forums (was a freebie)
AM m8 I'm sure ive got these named and placed right why would they be spawning so far out of the zone (gotta be something im doing wrong)
Graphix gamecore files attached
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:47 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 22:05
Hey GraPhix, fancy making a bush with berries and an identical one without?

Wish I could work out why moving the entities sometimes causes them to float in midair! They have physics on so they should plonk themselves down on the terrain, or maybe that's the problem, maybe I need to turn physics off on the collectables.

Figured it out - real Doh! moment, forgot to reposition the physical model as well, i.e. need to always do ResetPosition along with SetPosition!
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:48
Quote: "How'd you get on whith the saw any joy?"

I finished the texturing Friday night I don't really do any hobby stuff at weekend I spend time with my wife and kids will be back on it in the morning thank you for the rig I will have a look at that
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:54
I wish ours were still kids lol so much simpler when they are little. AM it might be an idea to make a model berry bush and then seperate the two so you just collect the berries i can rattle a basic one up i think
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:56
Quote: "Hey GraPhix, fancy making a bush with berries and an identical one without? "

hmmm never tried trees and nature thingys sure I will have ago for ya will put something together tomorrow for you
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 22:01
Quote: "I wish ours were still kids lol "

LOL I have three gown up daughters 4 Grandchildren and two step children lots of kids ha ha
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 22:08
Here is the fixed collect script to stop the floating entities:

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 22:31 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 22:37
one berry bush with seperate berries lol should at least do for testing used spheres for speed will shape them up to look more like berries tomorrow
@ Graphix lol well at least you have some little ones m8

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 00:00
Just so you know where I'm going with this, here is the workbench script altered to use the new table.

(Note that I haven't tested this yet and still need to make changes to the inventory script to match it)

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 19:16 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2018 23:12
Have redone the berries to look more berryish https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219211
, started on map 2 the city outskirts lots of Bods models here thanks m8
AM checked through the script and i see a pattern here

couldn't help myself ......"deadites"

and more fun with the deadites (yes I was bored lol)

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 23:35 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 00:13
Another update, workbench and inventory changes to match.

This is taking longer than I expected, need to do the ingots stuff next. Then the water and hide.

Edited to add ingot changes, all three files updated.

Would it look more professional to use the element symbols in the inventory, e.g. Pb for lead?

Attachments

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 00:36
Subtle change this time, now you have to actually be using the Hammer entity to do the mining!

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 13:04 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 18:56
Furnace script missing ) lines 115-118
All collect scripts working so far fibers, wood, shrooms, tubers, flint crafted hammer fine
Noticed though that if an ingredient is missing GG throws an error as apposed to saying"you do not have enough ... "
Still testing the mining script what needs to be in the name field? tried Metal Ores as that is referenced in the script
My collectables still dont appear in Zone2 "no idea where they go" heres the setup i used

after testing those I added some voices for fun

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 20:52
What does the error say?
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 21:37 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 21:38
Sorry m8 my fault i think it was because i didnt have the wood on the map, Just the problem with the zones and the mining I'm hitting the rock and it does nothing so i presume i must have the naming wrong and still things collected in zone 1 dont go to zone 2 they just disapear i have it set up as before when it worked. Any ideas what i could be missing?
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 21:43
Are you hitting the rock with the hammer?

Try the fpm I posted earlier in the thread to see if that works.
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 22:11 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 22:23
lol yes m8 hitting the rock with the hammer and just tried the reposition .fpm and its doing the same thing :/ also renamed the hammer in fact what i should do is post the weapons here so we have the same ones they are free models from the repositoy i coverted to work in GG in fact here they are "the scary thinker models from FPSC repository (not made by me just edited to work with GG) Many thanks to the artist for letting us use them think it may have been Cosmic Prophets (thanks m8)
Includes the frying pan, the machette, the hammer and the axe
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 22:38

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 22:48 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 22:50
Ahh maybe theres the problem i have the scripts in a folder hmm gonna have to juggle here or the other maps wont work :/ and my scriptbank has 2,381 files lol OO
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 23:05
Which scripts? I have them in the 'advanced survival' folder as I assumed you did.
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 23:44 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 23:46
Yep have all the files in that folder
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2018 08:50
Strange, works for me.

Here are all the scripts used in my fpm except the utils lib.

The big rock needs to be called 'Metal Ores', I just tested it with another rock called 'Chemicals' and that worked as well.

Attachments

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:16:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:16:39