Product Chat / GameGuru PUBLIC PREVIEW Released!

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 23:07 Edited at: 30th Jan 2018 23:36
Quote: "Holy cow after so many " Its basically a Beta Preview " comments from me the penny FINALLY drops "

I've been reading too much of "It's the first GOOD version", "it's better than the beta version" and "it's pretty good".
I think this is just being avoided, not focusing on the fact that we still can not say "pretty good" at all.

Quote: "I will hope Lee never releases an early look see again no matter how much requested"

Hmmm... Why do you always complain on... complaints? Every time. Are they offending you somehow? Sorry but PP is some steps ahead and MANY steps behind the older release. It's not just "something more", it's really unstable and unusable, and seems it's community's role to highlight every issue not just saying "wow" and ignoring the rest, without this kind of reports it can't grow up and that's why I (and so MANY others) are telling continuously that PP is still far from usable, and it wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't told the opposite. We noticed the good part, but the bad one is too big and needs constant feedback. I think it's the main reason we're here.
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 23:17
@ synchromesh pmsl
TBH I'm using the preview to build the new level wip thingy and used it for Dark Harbour = the previous one in all honesty with the editor i dont get any crashes or very few had some with some decals it didnt like, but on the whole it seems pretty good, although i will say one of the last betas was far far faster and seemed alot more stable. The only major problem for me anyway is the standalone creation = very poor atm yes its the preview but I am unable to e.g drop into an earlier version and create it (now then i get crashes :/) I now though have come to be able to spot most of the things the standalone creator isnt doing e.g copying files over and its favourite one atm is it hangs loading the first level which is cured by dropping into the editor loading the level and coping it manually over, then it seems to work for its flaws atm its going the right way as long as performance stays the primary thing it will be a positive move.
Just my thoughts
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 23:21
Quote: "Seems like an unfinished beta."

lol there is no such thing as a finished beta. My only issue was that a crashable bug was known before it was pushed public. That is my only issue. In anycase we are moving forward now
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 23:30 Edited at: 30th Jan 2018 23:39
Quote: "there is no such thing as a finished beta"

A bad term maybe, but just meaning that a Beta is not a so-far-from-complete version, it's by definition just an almost final version with possible bugs, and PP, as you know, it's something that can't really be used for many reasons. It's got good promises, but not really complete, because of some missing things and stability issues that are way more frequent.
Anyway, it seems to me like a brand new GG about to be born, more than an update. Best hopes.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 23:43 Edited at: 30th Jan 2018 23:48
Quote: "Hmmm... Why do you always complain on... complaints? "

LMAO ... Exactly the point thank you ... Preview test for Feedback .. and you admit your complaints ..
My job is to minimise complaints by explaining its a preview, a very early preview things not implemented or still need to be fixed.
Like your original post where I explained the same thing " Is it Public Preview, or is it me? " but la la la la fingers in ears

You have to remember I see the same old here and on the steam forums since xmas ... Its an early preview is printed on my brain

@Honkeyboy .. There ya go .. great feedback with the positive and negative .... and no dummies thrown
And hes not leaving ... Happy Days J/K

Quote: "i dont get any crashes or very few had some with some decals it didnt like, but on the whole it seems pretty good, although i will say one of the last betas was far far faster and seemed alot more stable. The only major problem for me anyway is the standalone creation = very poor atm yes its the preview but I am unable to e.g drop into an earlier version and create it (now then i get crashes :/) I now though have come to be able to spot most of the things the standalone creator isnt doing e.g copying files over and its favourite one atm is it hangs loading the first level which is cured by dropping into the editor loading the level and coping it manually over, then it seems to work for its flaws atm its going the right way as long as performance stays the primary thing it will be a positive move."
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 00:11
If i remeber correctly about a year ago when i had some problems it was you that told me to drop into the editor and change something, lol kinda stuck and works so I'm cool
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 09:50 Edited at: 31st Jan 2018 09:58
Quote: "My job is to minimise complaints by explaining its a preview"

Pretty clear.
So just also understand that there’s no point in filtering complaints with “La la la la la fingers in your ears” when we are really here just for test and feedback, or don’t you wanna hear them? Pardon if it sounds strange to me, because maybe you “hear the same since december” but if they aren’t going to be well captured, and obstacled by who says “to me works fine”, they’re never going to be fixed, and looks like this way you could ignore new minor aspects too. I’ll just keep testimg and posting whenever I see any strangeness.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 09:57
Teabone & Cylo : Could you post the issues you found with the Public Preview on the Issues Tracker on GitHub (https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues), as I think what is happening is that users who find the preview fine are not reporting issues, but the ones that found issues reverted back to DX9 which is fair enough. I just need to know what those issues specifically where so I can solve them. If you mark any crash bugs with CRASH in the title, it will help me home in on what sounds like serious flaws in the preview (that I am not seeing right now).
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 10:00
I started posting to the issue tracker. The crash issue i thought was widely known. Its mentioned in beta forums as well. But will repost to Issue Tracker.

I'm now back to using the public preview but very much avoiding animated decals. Noticed quite a number of other issues. Will post there from now on.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 04:28
@Teabone : Thanks for sailing the waves of the Public Preview, it's pretty rough out there but it will be of great help!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 13:53 Edited at: 1st Feb 2018 13:54
I finally got back to the public preview as well and I ran my newly built levels there.
All issues where basically graphical glitches wich I did report on Github and on the forum.
Thats literally all I can do for now. I cant test all maps I made because some of them are lightmapped and gg crashes while loading them.

I just hope that the issues get fixed - The preview definately has some good stuff like better loading times and better performance.
Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 1050ti
https://sites.google.com/view/dkproductions

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 21:59
@Duchenkuke : If you like, you can zip up your entire project (basically your whole Files folder of GameGuru) and I can put it through its paces with the latest build at this end. I understand it's basically lightmapping and memory issues (related to intense lightmapping storage) so if I can run a few debug sessions on your levels and custom media, I can see how much resource it's gobbling up and see what I can do to tame it. We often don't get to test large established projects, it's more small levels and a few entities, so it would be an excellent project to hammer GameGuru with to identify the weak spots. You can email me the zip directly at lee@thegamecreators.com so it stays safe and I can delete it all once the issues have been resolved. Glad you saw an increase in performance and reduction in loading times, two areas I really wanted to improve on (in addition to the PBR DX11 renderer).

Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 22:08
@LeeBamber

Basically I sent you that build about 1 month ago. Of course I can send again, but I am sure I didnt change anything in the meantime.
I could send you my newer project too, if you wanna check out the other issues I have with the public preview..

Uploading the 30 gb again....

But It's for a good cause, so...
Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 1050ti
https://sites.google.com/view/dkproductions

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 22:58
I think a month ago my brain was winding down for the year, sorry I missed that one. I have the file now (11GB) but the zip is complete so I imagine it expands out to 30GB. I also saw your issues posted on GitHub so that's good too. If there is something specific you want me to check out during the process of loading the levels, building lightmaps for each one, creating a standalone out of the level cascade and playing the standalone executable, let me know and I can focus my attention there.

Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 23:09
Quote: "during the process of loading the levels, building lightmaps for each one, creating a standalone out of the level cascade and playing the standalone executable"

I am already happy with that... You saw my posts, and I dont have any more issues to report for now.
Looking forward to your results!
@TheGermanMusicDude @DK_Productions My "Website"

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2018 08:11
I have to say, the PP runs fine on my PC, but then again I am not using PBR. Getting great frame rates and stability.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Bluedio Vicotry V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2018 20:10
PP runs for me but there's obviously some known problems with it. I use it 95% of the time because I figure the best way to learn something new is immersion. I avoid decals, I avoid the lightmapper, and other known problems.

The only major issue I encounter is the long black screen pause when I first run a test map. That said I think we're all fairly anxious for a new build.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 01:20 Edited at: 7th Feb 2018 01:27
Quote: "The only major issue I encounter is the long black screen pause when I first run a test map. "

That's not a bug ... That's because you have Prebens test Shaders enabled ...
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 06:07
Lee implemented a way to use compiled shaders so saving the compile time from the startup of the test game each and every time.

However if you change the shaders we need a way to compile them again - this includes if you change settings.fx. To do this make forceloadtestgameshaders =1 in setup.ini. This will compile the shaders on start of game test and gives the black screen or sometimes frozen game screen for a while until the shaders have compiled.

But if not regularly changing shaders to test leave it at =0 and GG will pick up the compiled shaders saving the compile time (the compiled shaders have suffix .blob).

Cheers.
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 08:00
All these small this and that’s... should be somehow available in a documentation, a wiki or something like that
I’m getting older, how should I remember all the small tweaks.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2018 08:28 Edited at: 15th Feb 2018 08:37
The 2018 2 xx PP - odd textures on older entities will post screens as soon as I am on my main PC. FPSC entities not always showing correctly.

Still getting the drop from 60fps to 30fps then back up to 60fps again, sometimes as well. With Vsync ON.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Bluedio Vicotry V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 19:56 Edited at: 17th Feb 2018 20:05
thank you very much
The new 2018 version is fine
But a few points:
If can be solved:
* The colt's gun does not see the enemy's characters.

* The motion of water is slow and its color is constant and cool
Water is like a plastic plate and is the same at all stages.
Water has no specific settings and it's hard to change its script.
Perhaps you can use the water settings in the FPSX10 template in the new version and apply it.

* nocrosshair is not displayed Uzi gun

* The lights are the same as before and they are dying and all the lights are not displayed on the scene.
-In FPSX10 all the lights are displayed in the scene.

* Decal items rendered are not transparent and have found abnormal status.

* Render radar images and images StartDisplay scripts in the stories folder are not transparent and are slightly rugged.
(They were very clear in the previous versions)

* Importing fbx files is very good, but triangular shadows can be seen - of course some objects.

Excuse me - just for information - the goal is to improve the quality of GG.

thank you very much
GG's progress is really good and encouraging
amir

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 20:13
Good report have you put it up on GitHub.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 20:24
No, I did not post the report to GitHub.
You can put it on GitHub.
amir
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 20:35
Quote: "The colt's gun does not see the enemy's characters."

Quote: "Crosshair not displayed on Uzi."

Yup, these are known issues, but they're NOT DX11 related, they have been like that since 1.3. The crosshair issue is an easy fix, it just needs to be enabled in a file somewhere, I can't remember which one at the moment.

Quote: "The motion of water is slow and its color is constant and cool
Water is like a plastic plate and is the same at all stages.
Water has no specific settings and it's hard to change its script.
Perhaps you can use the water settings in the FPSX10 template in the new version and apply it."

Water looks fine to me, and has recently been updated by Preben. If you look in your settings.fx there should be some settings to change aspects of the water. There are also some commands in LUA now to adjust water levels.

Quote: "he lights are the same as before and they are dying and all the lights are not displayed on the scene.
-In FPSX10 all the lights are displayed in the scene."

not a bug, working as designed, in gameguru it's designed to only allow three dynamic lights at a time to help optimization, with the DX11 update we may be able to have more or even unlimited, but that hasn't been added, and last time I spoke to Lee he said it would probably be an update sometime after the update.

Quote: "Render images Radar not transparent"

Not a bug, it's not meant to be transparent, if you want a transparent background then make one and replace it.

Quote: "Render images StartDisplay ...."

Not a bug, just a rubbish image, is not a part of the engine issues, it's just a demo, not very important.

Quote: " Importing fbx files is very good, but triangular shadows can be seen - of course some objects."

not a bug, it's a bad model, the model has either issues with its normals, or has a poly with more than 4 sides.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 20:42
Looks like you can post maybe 3 .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 21:36 Edited at: 17th Feb 2018 21:38
Something has changed with the water... it looks very strange to me... I can't quite describe. Will have to post a video at some point. Also the reflection slider doesnt seem to really affect it much.

I also noticed something was up with the alpha channel blending with some decals. For me its not too much of a problem if GG still intents to have a custom particle system.

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 21:48
Visually something is quite weird, not sure which build it showed up in but it all looks a bit fake to me, sort of cartoony.

I also note that old fpm files look pretty rubbish now, for example the Asylum or SciFi ones which used to look quite good now just look, well just plain awful.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 23:21 Edited at: 17th Feb 2018 23:24
@SHAHIN3D
I will do my best to bring back the old water gui with new lua commands

Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 09:34
Yeah just switched back to pp, and water does look odd now, I thought pp2 was supposed to be the same as beta now, but obviously it isn't

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Water has not changed , so i wonder what your seeing ? , could someone post a screenshot and "try" to describe what look different ?

AmenMoses: Tried Asylum and can see that the lightmap data is putting some pattern colors on the objects , is that what your mean ?
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 12:14 Edited at: 18th Feb 2018 12:35
Hello
The rendering of the water was prettier in the previous version.
Earth in water depths not seen
The reflection of water was more beautiful

Of course, there were a few problems - like the shape of the water near the beach and the wave.

But in the 2018 version it looks like a plastic sheet.
Color and reflection are not beautiful

The ground is seen deep in the water

The color of water at all stages is constant and uniform.

If you add more settings tab like X10 in rendering settings
I think it's a good progress in the engine
I think if water rendering settings are separate for each stage, I'll make the game more powerful.
amir

Attachments

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you add more settings tab like X10 in rendering settings"

Basically that would be a complete overhaul and to be honest it was a bit limited in X10 despite all those sliders.
If I remember correctly it was One height only ? ( correct me if I'm wrong )
Now classic you could put water anywhere on any level ...
That's more what I would like to see

PM
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 13:41 Edited at: 18th Feb 2018 13:42
water settings in the FPSX10

amir

Attachments

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 13:50
Just uploaded on demo video of a level created ONLY in the PP version of GameGuru. Urban Diaries, might make this into a full project, as the level design is coming together nicely.

It uses prebens cartoon shader with chromatic abberation settings and the skybox fog.

Quite a long video, and very dark again.

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 13:52
@Preben: Yes that's probably it, old maps probably need re-light mapping or something (is the light mapper fixed yet?).

But even the Big Escape to me looks cartoony, the trees look like they are made of plastic and everything is a bit too sharp and shiney.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 09:56
Quote: "But even the Big Escape to me looks cartoony, the trees look like they are made of plastic and everything is a bit too sharp and shiney."

Me to,also there was a strange pattern on the modern colt.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the trees look like they are made of plastic"

The palm dont work for me in the PP2 , only in the github , perhaps i need to validate , looks like the palms is not updated from the github version, do you like those more ? , or are they just to catoon'ish for you

Quote: "strange pattern on the modern colt."

Perhaps they are working on them ? , looks like it was meant to be like that ? , but i also see that the colt was updated in the github so could be a wip:

Water:
You can edit water_basic.fx , you find all the settings there. I even made it possible to enable the old dx9 water if you like that more, just use "#define OLDWATER"

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 17:10 Edited at: 19th Feb 2018 17:19
Quote: "If I remember correctly it was One height only ? ( correct me if I'm wrong )
Now classic you could put water anywhere on any level ...
That's more what I would like to see "

Yeah you could only have one height only, though we did have water bed entities you could place anyway and assign water material too. Just the swimming effect wouldnt work on them.

Old Vids (fun to look back on.. bad quality though)

A video i recorded while using FPSCx10 a year ago showing how many shader controls sliders we had for water:

I think if we added that now, it be a lot of clutter on the screen. I think as long as we can handle these in LUA that would be great at the least. Whatever happened to that by the way? I thought we could raise and lower water in realtime (with LUA) in the closed private beta that was on steam? And alter shader values via LUA? (sorry if i have already asked and this was already answered somewhere on the forums)

By the way what happened to The Game Creator's Youtube channel I cannot find it anywhere online?

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think if we added that now, it be a lot of clutter on the screen. I think as long as we can handle these in LUA that would be great at the least. Whatever happened to that by the way? I thought we could raise and lower water in realtime (with LUA) in the closed private beta that was on steam? And alter shader values via LUA? (sorry if i have already asked and this was already answered somewhere on the forums)"

Really? We have these in the Preview? Then the github source is not actual. I didn´t see any of these commands. Thats why I implemented it in my mod.

Or do you mean this here:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219238?page=3#msg2595273

That is an source code modifikation of mine, which will be release at the end of march(own release or implemented in official GG(second preferred))
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 18:55
Quote: "Really? We have these in the Preview?"

no I mean the beta that existed in octber/november (i believe was the date). not the PP. I could be mistake but I recall the talks of water height in lua and the ability to modify shader values with LUA.

That water height slider you added to the editor UI would be very handy! I'm sure many would appreciate it

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 19:24 Edited at: 19th Feb 2018 19:34
I think water is another big thing on the to do list...
I mean 2018... and the water still looks like it's from 2005...
I'm always jealous if I see the Cryengine water effects... even on low the look great.
We also need water on different heights.
Just think what we could do.... waterfalls in the jungle, rivers... hmmm would be nice to have.... LEEEEEE

yes one more...

PM
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 21:16 Edited at: 19th Feb 2018 21:19
In story zone
* not play movie wmv format
*MP4 and OGV movie formats are displayed
But their sound is not broadcast
amir

Attachments

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 21:24
Yep, now that is why it is called Cry Engine, cause we all look on and see awesome water we don't have in GG - lol.

Seriously that is pretty cool me thinks.

As for water at different heights - been wanting that since the first day I opened up Game Guru

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 22:41 Edited at: 19th Feb 2018 22:44
Quote: "In story zone
* not play movie wmv format
*MP4 and OGV movie formats are displayed
But their sound is not broadcast"

No WMV and the sound isn't currently working ..
MP4 is also very slow motion for me ..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2018 05:59
Quote: "MP4 is also very slow motion for me .."

Does it work better with vsych turned off?

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 20th Feb 2018 08:09 Edited at: 20th Feb 2018 08:26
Yes you can vary water height by lua and add shader variables controlled by lua now.

I use the shader variables for all sorts of things, moveable lights, light-up significant in game items etc.

There is a cool video of the water level moving I think Perelect did - I'll see if I can find it.

Edit (Perelect work/post snippet):

Adjustable Water Plain

The adjustable tide speed is on fast, just for the video.

The two commands for the water plain are:

GetGamePlayerStateWaterlineY()
SetGamePlayerStateWaterlineY()

Cheers.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a sample script that are included in PP2 that show how to control post processing , and setting shader variables from lua.

See: ChromaticAbberation.lua

SPLITTESTFXAACVLS and ChromaticAbberation.lua:

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2018 09:36
Hmm... I mean many different water heights.... start from the lake on top of the mountain down to the ocean close to the ground level.
PM
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Feb 2018 10:20 Edited at: 20th Feb 2018 10:22
The best way to make water changes - Add the setting tab to the render screen.
Like: Water Render Settings tab in FPSX10
If I change water.fx or LUA - all the stages of the game will have a type of water.
Example: If the game has 8 levels - we should be able 8 water regulation.
also:
If you add water wave flooring, Water is more suitable
It's a bit harder - but I think GG team can do a little bit of effort to create beautiful water with rendering settings.
amir

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:05:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:05:35