3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Mad Lobster Workshop's Media

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 03:14 Edited at: 20th Jun 2017 04:00
Hello everyone! As other modelers on here are doing, I thought I'd make a thread to share some of my work and possibly post previews of upcoming items. I just released my first pack on the store "The Mad Scientist's Laboratory & Lair." The theme is pretty self-explanatory, but in addition to mad-science items, the pack also includes bits that are useful in other retro or science fiction settings. I'm interested in making a demo video of all the items thus far - I plan to make quite a few more for this pack - but in the meantime, here is a short clip showcasing a few entities:

I also generally post my items on sketchfab before they are uploaded to the store, so that is another way to see what is coming down the pike:

https://sketchfab.com/Mad_Lobster_Workshop/models

Finally, if you are reading this and purchased any items in the pack before the pack was created, contact me (on the store, not on here) for some voucher options!
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 03:46
Really nice work there. Great detail and material use
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 12:41
Will be buying right away.

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 13:12
OK, so I bought it and had a look at the two things that REALLY sold me - the tesla coils and the large lightning thingy. In either case, where's the lightning effect? Is there a script I have to use/activate? I need all these towers to emit the blue lightning and static electricity as in your pictures.

The graphics/textures are above par - really, really good. These are AAA models here.

Please advise.

Mike

lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
The way it is packaged (which I'm assuming is the same as the way its delivered to you) is that the lightning is in a subfolder of the Standard Tesla Coil & Magnifying transmitter models called "decals." Of course, since Game-Guru does not have particle effects quite yet these are 2d decals. But I've found that by combining them in a X pattern on top of each other - which is a bit tricky to position, but works - you can enhance a 3d effect. I'm interested in adding true 3d lightning/electrical effects - driven by a rigged mesh as opposed to particles - to the pack as well.
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 16:19
Looks like a must have purchase for my game.

Any more planned in this style?

Cheers.
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
@world class multimedia, same here, and I agree fully with you on the quality.
Additionally, I have the effect that the tesla thingy is being tried to be downloaded every time I download something from the store, even if I don't have anything else in the queue- leads me to think that something is wrong upthere. I brought it up i n the shop forum, but no reaction whatsoever.

@lordweeb If something is shown like in the movie or the shop image, it either should work out of the box or there should be at the very least an accompanying textfile telling us that and which manual adaptions are necessary.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 19:35 Edited at: 20th Jun 2017 20:08
Quote: "The way it is packaged (which I'm assuming is the same as the way its delivered to you) is that the lightning is in a subfolder of the Standard Tesla Coil & Magnifying transmitter models called "decals.""

No decals folder on my end. I tried downloading twice more and no decals or decals folder.

I tried again a few more times. Each time it shows I have 2 downloads and both are small decal files for the tesla thingy and the lightning for the other thingy. Each time they do not actually download to my machine and are nowhere to be found. Next time I go to download, those two are still there, ready to be downloaded but they never actually do.

Please advise.

Mike

World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 21:14
Perhaps you could private message me the decal files for lightning. I really need to get started on this and not having the lightning effect is delaying me further.

Mike

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 21:54
I've just done a manual download to check, Decal.X is missing from the decals folder.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 22:26 Edited at: 20th Jun 2017 22:27
I don't have the decals nor the Decal.x file. I simply don't have a Decal folder in his folder. I have them for plenty of other devs.

Mike

lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Everyone - I'm away from my modeling computer at the moment, but obviously I'll try to figure out why the store isn't downloading the decal files as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will PM anyone who needs them desperately, but I won't be back home until late tonight.
PM
lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
A few notes:

* I've sent PMs with (hopefully!) solutions to those who were saying that the store was not correctly delivering the decal files to you. If anyone else is having the same issues please feel free to PM me and I'll do the same until whatever is causing the issue on the store's downloads is fixed.

* cybernescence: Yes, many more items are planned for this pack, and I am open to suggestions as well, especially if multiple people feel a specific item would really be useful for the theme.

* yrkoon: The lightning effects (which you should now have - check your pms ) that are displayed in the video are the "out of the box" versions, with no special technique applied. The X crossing technique I suggested was if you need to have them appear further 3d.
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2017 06:21
Thank you. I downloaded and now have the lightning effect. I was able to create the 'x' effect with lightning, however, it would be kind of you to include versions of your coils and generators with the lightning effect already attached in the best possible way for a full 3D effect.

It would be cool to have a overloaded generator/coil that looks like it's going to explode at any moment.

Some ideas for your pack:

Some kind of portal to another dimension

Jacob's Ladder hardware with animated lightning effect

Strobing malfunctioning hardware

Any Tesla invention that would be at home with this pack.

I see this pack as a mad scientist pack, so perhaps a table for victims with straps and other mad scientist hardware would be appropriate

Thank you for getting those decals to me.

Mike

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2017 07:14
I got your message, I can't reply to it because I'm not at my PC and the mobile layout doesn't have a button to send replies on my phone lol.

With regards to the fpe pointing to the decal in the default folders, I've just checked, in the fpe downloaded from the store it points to a decal folder in the entitybank, so you might want to edit and reupload the fpe's.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
lordweeb. It is alright now.
Thnks & best regards
Y.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 04:38 Edited at: 8th Jul 2017 15:54
A number of new items are slated to be added to the Mad Scientist Pack this week. A partial sampling, via youtube and image attachments below:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 13:54
Just purchased the pack - lots of very nice items in there - thank you.

Perfect for Tesla's lair in Cogwheel.

Keep up the great work

Cheers.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 14:08 Edited at: 29th Jun 2017 14:08
Quote: "A number of new items are slated to be added to the Mad Scientist Pack this week. A partial sampling, via youtube and image attachments below:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Htf6hgV7ww[/video]"

To embed a youtube video in the forum you only need to paste the code for your video, in the case of your video it would be _Htf6hgV7ww (anything after v=), then left click drag to highlight what you have pasted, then click the video>youtube option in the menu.

So your post would need the following code to make it show:

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2017 16:00 Edited at: 8th Jul 2017 16:00
Thanks, Belidos. A few items were approved at the end of this last week, so those of you with the pack should have some new items to play with or download in GameGuru. Here is a preview of an item which will be available shortly:

Finally, among other things, a few more "destroyed" variants of items will be making their way to the pack, as can be seen in an W.I.P. attachment.

Attachments

PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2017 17:04
Really impressive! I'm sure these would sell very fast

-Wolf
lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 05:12 Edited at: 13th Jul 2017 05:15
One of the items coming soon to the pack: Four terminals with oscilloscope-esque screens.

Sketchfab Link:
https://sketchfab.com/models/884d3cd3d382475cb0a93a7e44874fe0
PM
lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone. Those of you who have the pack already should see a number of new items in your collection. Perhaps most excitingly, an overdue item that no mad science lab is complete without is finally in the pack: The Mad Scientist's Operating Table. I've attached some screens. There are four versions currently in the pack. One with the harnesses open, one with them closed. One with a covered patient with tan feet sticking out. And one with green feet.

Attachments

PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2017 14:22
Brilliant - keeps getting better and better

Thanks!
lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Cybernescence! Some new additions have made their way to the pack. These include a few variations on a lab style chemistry table and a vintage design microscope. Images are attached!

Attachments

PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 23:41
These are great models,but most of all different .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2017 20:58
More inspired additions thank you - this pack is really great.

Just a suggestion - could the bottles that are part of the lab tables be made available as individual prop items (to be used as collectables or just for separate placement)?

Cheers.

lorddweeb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Cybernescence & Granada. I do plan to have some modified versions of a couple of the bottles for standalone items. I also am working on making a couple of metal versions of a few of the major items that are primarily wooden. I feel like the wood might be seen as being very evocative of a certain time-period, which I like - but having metal versions will allow customers more flexibility for their use.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 00:39:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 00:39:45