Bug Reports / AI movement zombies

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 00:48
I can confirm, zombie AI bug fixed with BETA 19 (?)
Thank you, that's great!
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 25th Sep 2017 21:45
Yes I can confirm that most of the pathing issues for melee characters (including zombies) seem to be fixed in beta, they do get hung up on some geometry, but nowhere near what I was getting before.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2017 03:30
The problem here is much deeper than just A.I. does not work, the problem is that who develops with GG is not just doing it "just for the fun" and even if it is , hours were invested in drawing the map , in rewrite LUA, in thinking about the story, in choose and collect the appropriate sounds, finally a series of ineretnes constraints to those who create a game and the worst of it is that you are not doing it in a demo, you bought a program, you bought assets, you invested in something that just does not work . I myself spent a kite with GG because I thought it would serve my basic needs to cool a game, but that did not include that in the end the game did not work.
my thoughts are for the GG team to dispatch to solve the problems because after all it is a proffioonal product, I think it has the potential to take revenge in the market just needs to be taken much more seriously.
Until then me and a few more dudes have a program to occupy 16GB hard driver, on the pc with no use at all unless to show friends that we are "game developers", bad game developers
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
It is fixed in the next version, what else can they do? :p
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
noirvortex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 15:09 Edited at: 25th Dec 2017 14:30
Is this fixed in latest build? Having problems with nearly all AI scripts I try implement (all eventually freeze or break in some major game ruining way), and don't currently want to program an AI system from scratch. I have about 20 enemies, have tried with different types of script, inc trying with third party / community created ones, and they just keep on breaking. I do like the engine (it means I can just crack on with designing games and not worry about 3 months of asset creation which is not my area of skill, which is brilliant) but this is hindering progress on the game I am working on and was aiming to have it done within the month or so. Only noticed buggy behaviour recently with Melee enemies not ranged, and have modded view cone etc etc - same result. I was a bit gutted because I entered this into Ludum Dare and then noticed the AI bug about 2 hours before deadline, cue panic and then an oh
[ MOD EDIT ] hahah
https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/40/shroom-hunter

I get the syntax of lua too but is there a good and comprehensive resource for best practice and common methods somewhere etc? (wanting to write more of my own code now, but just need a basic guide for ref). I know it's coming up to Christmas so I might just dive into lua instead of expecting a major update, do appreciate the work that goes into this engine, I am still having a lot of fun with it in between building on Unreal Engine.

Cheers

Please do not use foul language in your posts ...
noirvortex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 15:10
Ahhh just found smallG's signature link, will check that out

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:54:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:54:03