Scripts / Where to place radar and start display scripts

Author
User Banned
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 14:01
On the big escape game I saw a map on up so my question is how to add this beautiful map.
On heirs revenge I had saw amount of text with different font appears in starting and ending game so my question how to add this????????????????
On heirs revenge I had saw homegrown productions white text how to add this???????????

I need these answer because I want to know how to do this...........
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 16:41
Have you looked at these objects in the maps and seen where they are pointed to and what the property settings are?
Open Game Guru and then press open and in the mapbank folder you will find these maps.

Take a look how they are set up.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 16:41
In the fontbank folder are all the fonts, they are "bitmanfont" or they are only images and can be edited with any image editor, particularly I use Paint Shop Pro ... but any is good ... even GIMP that is free !!! The names of the files refer to the font sizes, you have to remember that in GG they are "recoded" in sizes 1,2,3,4,5 ... The letters (images) are in alpha channel ... And therefore maybe not seen in an image viewer ... but you open the channel and can be edited. I'm not on the team, but I hope I've helped you! A big greeting.

original:
En la carpeta fontbank se hallan todas las fuentes, son "bitmanfont" o sea que sólo son imágenes y se pueden editar con cualquier editor de imagenes, particularmente utilizo Paint Shop Pro... pero cualquiera es bueno... hasta GIMP que es gratuito!!! Los nombres de los archivos hacen referencia a los tamaños de las fuentes, hay que recordar que en GG se "recodifican" en tamaños 1,2,3,4,5... Las letras (imágenes) están en canal alfa... y por ello quizá no se ven en un visor de imágenes... pero abres el canal y se pueden editar. No soy del equipo, pero espero haberte ayudado! Un gran saludo.
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 17:04
ja ja ja Mike... al mismo tiempo!!! que sincromesh... eh digo: sincronizacion.
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 02:17
@pirate and @ warlock watch this image here is a map in up and warlock here is many text showing after opening this game how to add these??Pirate this map is round in the up..,You are from dev team so I think you know how to add it......and warlock I was talking about these texts how to add these....
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 02:18
And in this map there shows solder in read circle...how to do these @pirate
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 10:38 Edited at: 27th Dec 2016 12:44
Quote: "@pirate and @ warlock watch this image here is a map in up and warlock here is many text showing after opening this game how to add these??Pirate this map is round in the up..,You are from dev team so I think you know how to add it......and warlock I was talking about these texts how to add these...."

It's a default scrip, but it will need editing for your game.

1. Go to your GameGuru\files\scriptbank\images folder, create a new folder with the name of the level your making
2. Rename your PNG image to 0.png and place it inside the folder you have created.
3. Go to GameGuru\Files\scriptbank and create another folder for your games specific scripts.
4. Go into the GameGuru\Files\scriptbank\stories\The Asylum and make a copy of startdisplay.lua, copy and paste startdisplay.lua into your games specific script folder that you just created.
5. Open up startdisplay.lua and find this line:

and replace "The Asylum" with the name of the folder you created in step 1.

Then just place it in any dynamic object (static=no in properties)

Job done.

There's also a script called winzoneimage.lua in the same stories\The Asylum folder, it does the same thing except you use it instead of winzone lua and it loads an image called 1.png from your image folder when you enter the winzone (you have to have both in the level if you want the winzoneimage to work because the winzoneimage script takes the image folder from the startdisplay script).

Quote: "You are from dev team so I think you know how to add it....."

He's not a dev, he's a voluntary forum moderator.

Also this thread isn't about a free model, it's about a script, so should be in the Scripts forum

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 12:26
Ok Ok Ok... We see that Belidos has already officiated as a teacher! Problem solved.
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 13:50
Thank you belidos bt what about that map how to add that..There is a map which shows where is enemy and many thing plz belidos solve my this problem...
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 13:51
If I posted it in script forum then maybe I won't get any answer.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 15:13
Quote: "If I posted it in script forum then maybe I won't get any answer."

A. The scripting forum is busier than this one, there are people who are master scripters that only look in there
B. I would get home faster if I ignored the speed limit, but I don't speed because it's against the rules

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 15:15 Edited at: 27th Dec 2016 15:17
Quote: "Thank you belidos bt what about that map how to add that..There is a map which shows where is enemy and many thing plz belidos solve my this problem..."

Map?

You mean the radar? That's another default script, it should be in scriptbank\radar.

Just add radar.lua to a dynamic and always active object anywhere on the level.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 15:42 Edited at: 27th Dec 2016 15:44

Moving this thread to the scripting thread.
Thanks
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 17:25 Edited at: 27th Dec 2016 17:27
I did show off a scrolling map display and based the demo on the Big Escape, maybe that is what is being referred to? It isn't a part of GG it was just something I came up with to show off what you could do with scripting and sprites.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 05:01
thanks everyone for saying about this
Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 05:11
That's awesome, AmenMoses. I love that scrolling map! I may try to figure out how you did that sir
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 12:15
That is my intention, I show off what can be done and throw the occasional snippet of script out to the community and hopefully it will trigger people to figure out how to do it themselves instead of moaning about what GG can't do.

I have 40 years experience of wrestling with computers so I've pretty much done all thus stuff before on other platforms (if you ever typed in one of those Spectrum programs from a magazine it may well have been one of mine ) which means I have a head full of how-to algorythms to call on.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-21 10:47:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-21 10:47:16