Scripts / Hunting,foraging,mining and selling it all

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2016 22:34 Edited at: 17th Dec 2016 22:45
Well I've been at this all day as you all know my scripting knowledge is limited to say the least, But ive actually written some of my own, some adapted from DVaders Thanks m8 and some help from Smallg cheers m8 and ive actually managed to compile 12 scripts about 9 completely done by me. So im quite impressed with myself lol (the missus on the other hand isn't :/) so here we have hunting 3 types of critter, foraging items, mining and tree felling (DVaders) with some adaptions = displays selling etc, which are all easily adaptable for any item menu for items opens and closes via keypress. they also are compatible with DVaders and Moshrooms RPG scripts as far as ive tested so far I hope to be using these in the new game Galaxies but for now have a butchers

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 08:00
The progress is amazing, now just for the menus, lol.... Do you have any ideas?
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 12:50
No m8 not yet really the menu opens and closes via a keypress so i think when i have them all written (doing new ones for more items) i could maybe paste a sprite in the background and organize the positions/categories a lot better. The vendors arn't going to be on the same planet they are going to be on a large space station on each of the space maps that you can physically walk around selling vendors maybe in the center and buying vendors in their own little shops/areas. So basically you land on any planet to hunt a type of critter, forage for unique items, mine etc, then trade with the stations. Im kind of working on smaller stations that you can dock with to buy items (done via freezing the player and opening a shop menu maybe add a video of that) to trade with. Then each space map will have different prices so effectively you can hunt, gather and trade (bit like freelancer but with landable planets) maybe space battles later or missions. TBH now i have the selling side working as i like its opened up a whole new ball game for me thanks to smallg for help with that i have 2 planet types nearly completed and 6 made but not populated and each system will have different maps around 30 planets per space map so lots to do with this one and updating the others as and when the ideas spring in there so plenty for me to do lol.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
You've come a long way since breaking my scripts every 5mins, keep up the good work and sorry I didn't realise Harry's script wasn't out yet in your message, you're probably better off using your own now though as you know how it works
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 19:21
Thanks G i kinda did wreck em a bit didn't i lol Its all in the quest for knowledge i assure you and im still crap at it, but not as crap as before thanks to you, DVader, Moshie and the rest of the scripters who actually can do really cool stuff with lua and help me understand what the commands actually do i still struggle a bit with syntax tho as GG often tells me :/ I think tho sometimes it's more about understanding the error messages The ones i wrote are pretty basic to be honest but they work so im quite pleased with them and of course i can add to them and learn a bit more as i go.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 02:47:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 02:47:13