AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 02:15
you got the speed right, but the gun is flipped on the X axis (i believe maybe the Z i dont know) and appears black in gameguru
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
PLAY KSHATRIYA WETWORK
PLAY RUNNING AROUND
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 04:38
update: I notice on FBX export, all dummies attached to the gun become basically microscopic. I do not know why this is. usually dummies get smaller on fbx export, but 3 specific ones become nearly invisible. I've been trying to get it working all night, but the closest i've gotten are a black, mirrored .x running at the right speed, or a textured perfect-looking .x that runs 160 times too slow.

still no luck. a gunspec command for speeding up the frame rate SURE WOULD HELP ME if one doesnt exist (since it works perfectly at the wrong frame rate, and fragmotion cant seem to export a .x to save its miserable life for me.

either way, I really hope lee bamber, whatever he's up to, is doing more than adding command after command into the engine, and rather will spend some time making sure that the MOST IMPORTANT SYSTEMS (the ones for a user putting media into the engine) are fixed, because right now they're largely broken, and will mess models up for seemingly no reason other than wanting to. I'd also like to see .fbx support for weapons, or like, at all. I tried importing my .fbx weapon as an entity and it didnt even appear.
PLAY KSHATRIYA WETWORK
PLAY RUNNING AROUND
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 20:46
FINALLY AFTER MUCH ADIEU AND TEARS:

Agent1993 BQK94
PLAY KSHATRIYA WETWORK
PLAY RUNNING AROUND
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2017 06:02
work's keeping me busy, as is Kshatriya Origins but, coming soon:

shorty
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2017 18:37
AAAND it's animated

BSP Mossberg 590
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 01:42
no comments? I'll admit it's a bit generic, but I was happy with the shell casing and really happy with how it feels in game, if you shoot from far, you might as well close your eyes, but up close you can kill 2 and even 3 at a time if you get them lined up just right.

coming up next: Agram 2000

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 02:49
Looks great to me . not been looking today.busy trying to model my own sci-fi gun.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 22:52
I'm excited to see that when it's ready!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 01:58
was animating up a storm today but HAHAHAHAHA it didn't take 3 days for gameguru's complete and utter inadequacy to rear its ugly head once again as I have run into a ridiculous problem in that my gun that I bought from the store UV mapped, and animated in a UV mapped state, changing nothing about it's UV layout at any point, for some reason, appears in game with an incorrect UV layout. of course I have tested the .X file in multiple other softwares and gameguru's lame self is the only one to represent it so incorrectly. GameGuru would truly be an easy game maker if it was AT ALL easy to put media into the thing. Instead it is an absolute nightmare.

Exhibit A:

the .x model in fragmotion: it looks EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD

Exhibit B:

the gun in gameguru. This software makes me beyond livid on far too often of a basis. Perhaps TGC learns from all their recent bad reviews that perhaps something of GG's magnitude should see a much more serious beta testing/early adoption phase BEFORE the steam release than it did, since there are more kinks than a fetish website.

Exhibit C:

the gun in 3ds max, rigged/animated/modifiered EXACTLY how EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE OF MY WORKING GUNS HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST.

Any assistance here would be really nice. I don't know why I bother sometimes when FPS creator has been around in one form or another for over 10 years but the asset import pipeline has stayed nearly as bad as it was in 2005 (and worse, in some ways)
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 14:05
Absolutely phenomenal work, Bugsy! I'm always extremely impressed with your work--especially the fluency of the animations.
Signatures are overrated.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2017 04:43 Edited at: 4th Feb 2017 05:07
thanks. really nice to hear that from an old veteran like you. if only I could get this agram working.

edit- in case I dont, here's the anims

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2017 11:15
Looking good,if only I could get my simple mesh to show.i will keep at it.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 5th Feb 2017 11:55
@Bugsy
Quote: " GameGuru would truly be an easy game maker if it was AT ALL easy to put media into the thing. Instead it is an absolute nightmare."

+1
After AI getx fixes, getting media in GG and particles should be the next top priorities.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 17:51
honestly AI to me is pretty good considering what we dealt with in FPSC for so long. It would be nice to have allies who can follow you or automatically walk towards the win zone, stopping if you are too far behind, but honestly that's not a big deal and probably could be done with a good scripter.

I was under the impression particles are already possible in GG. I think media support should be priority 1.

GOOD NEWS: I asked lee for a feature, the ability to customize a gun's frame rate on a per-gun basis (For those bastards I have to use alins exporter on) so now there's a chance I can get the agram 2000 working
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 18:02
I think in GameGuru gthe "particle" we have are more decals than particles, that's probably what mouaa is getting at.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 03:04
turned out all my complaining was stupid! the gun had the wrong texture in the folder

presenting: the agram a2000 in GG!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 03:05 Edited at: 14th Feb 2017 03:06
DELETED: double post
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 06:29
Very nice bugsy,another one for your collection. Got my very simple gun to show properly to,it was a simple texture problem also.now to try something more complicated.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 23:26
thanks granada! I'm hoping to someday figure out a way to get my own hands going. I can make okay hands seen from a distance, but upclose texture wise they always look downright laughable. on top of that, i can only rig them to a biped, which i'm sure gameguru would OF COURSE either not support, or mess up on import 70% of the time. I'm happy EAI designed these hands with such longevity, and was willing to provide me a .max file when i was but a young, budding weapon animator
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 00:52
Smooth as butter!
I'll likely put this one into Acythian =)
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 22:16
Thanks wolf! I'm glad to hear that.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 04:36 Edited at: 17th Feb 2017 04:38
Quick question for you bugsy,dose gg support dual fire weapons.ie rifle and grenad launcher in one.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 18:28
don't think so... I remember that being a Plys Mod thing
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 22:59
No more words.... only: AMAZING JOB!
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 03:08
Quote: "Quick question for you bugsy,dose gg support dual fire weapons.ie rifle and grenad launcher in one."

This was a feature of FPSC but I'll have to research wether this is still a thing!
I'll get back to you when I find out something useful.

@Bugsy: Before I start personalizing the Agram for Acythian... would it be possible for you to throw in a juicy little melee animation for me? (maybe also animated aim? ...its less clunky)

-Wolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 01:46 Edited at: 19th Feb 2017 02:15
I can try...
edit: sent you the hud. you'll have to redo the hand UVs again to use the big texture version you have.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2017 19:12

m16 update
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 03:15
BSP FAMAS

I animated this this weekend! I'm pretty pleased with it. forgot to turn on sound recording but ah well. Getting excited about EAI's guns I tried my "hands" with a nicer hand rig on an AKM and OT33 if anyone has any interest in seeing those (not in GG) (soldier front 2 FK hands)
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 05:47
The AKM anims are so good! Probably my favorite of your weapons anims to date. The empty reload is almost exactly what I had originally considered doing for revision but didn't want to deal with juggling the rifle from right to left. I like that although the anim is very fast, the major beats and mechanical function all read clearly. The only thing I don't like about it is that If I do a similar one now it will feel like copying.

The OT33 I also really like but I think that it has a bit of a read problem. I think that if you let it breath just a few frames at a couple points it would be a lot better. In the slow-mo I can discern what could be interpreted as middle-finger mag release and the mag fully seated on insertion but at full speed I think it reads a little too "magical". I find this to be the case on many of your anims, to be honest. I run into this problem a lot too. Lately, I've been embracing GG's ability to scale reload playback speed. Stuff like my new reloads, I can play at 110-115% speed and the major manipulations have enough "hang time" that they still read well without looking too much like an old Kung-Fu flick.

Considering how good those both are, I don't quite understand why you're still using my old x9 rigs. I'm guessing path of least resistance or something being easier to use a proven working rig than troubleshoot an improved one. Actually.. I would totally get it if that was the case.

That said, with my old rig and hands, you gotta try to roleplay as a photographer at Glamour Shots doin' portraits of stroke victims. A lot of poses and positions can easily be super unflattering to the mesh and end up letting the animation down. Motions like the facepalm/charging on the Famas are too distracting and closing the fingers or using overhand grab would probably work better. Over the course of my modelpacks and GCS stuff, there were a lot of times where I had to redo anim poses because they were too unflattering. Angles life "knife-hands" are particularly bad with those hands due to their flatness. Maybe it's worse since I built them so they're probably at least twice as cringey for me. With my new hands I'm still figuring out what kinds of things don't work well and though I've got the liberty/responsibility of modifying the meshes to reduce this as I go, moves that are facepalm-y are still risky if too close to the camera.

Anyways, I'm glad you're here doin' anims and thankful you've been pushing me to improve my own work.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 14:48 Edited at: 9th May 2017 15:17
Quote: "The AKM anims are so good! Probably my favorite of your weapons anims to date. The empty reload is almost exactly what I had originally considered doing for revision but didn't want to deal with juggling the rifle from right to left. I like that although the anim is very fast, the major beats and mechanical function all read clearly. The only thing I don't like about it is that If I do a similar one now it will feel like copying."

I would LOVE to see your "knock the mag out with the other mag" animation either way. (EDIT: check out the AEK971 and VSK94 anims, I think you'd like those too if you liked this AKM. my next gun on your X9 hands is BSP's AK, so consider this one practice )

Quote: " I can discern what could be interpreted as middle-finger mag release and the mag fully seated on insertion but at full speed I think it reads a little too "magical"."

I tend to go "magical" over too grounded. I had considering making the mag do a 360 flip flying out (instead of a 360 shove it ), and it definitely is not released by any actual touch of the button. I agree, the OT33 could be slower.

Quote: "Considering how good those both are, I don't quite understand why you're still using my old x9 rigs. I'm guessing path of least resistance or something being easier to use a proven working rig than troubleshoot an improved one. Actually.. I would totally get it if that was the case."

I've tried 3 or 4 different hand rigs, and every one is completely destroyed or outright ignored by gameguru except yours. (probably because most other hands I have use some special IK setups). That's why I'm excited for your new ones: they'll WORK

Thanks for the comments, and all the help getting me into gameguru gun animation.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 15:51
Nice looking animation there Bugsy,long time. Thought you had left us for a minute there.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 16:40
I've been working full time, so I dont get time to do as much gameguru as I used to, but with all this money I'm making I can buy guns to animate more often

glad you liked granada!!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 08:32
Frimenitnet's AKMS (gamebanana)

anims coming soon. ALSO coming soon, I'll reanimate BSP's new UMP45 and HK416
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 08:59
Frimenitnet AKMS

BSP's AK gave me random see-thru gun problems so here's one from GB!! let me know your thoughts?
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 10:25
What were the "see-thru" problems? Like ununified normals or something else?

A couple crits... You already know I have respect so I won't sugar coat...

On retrieve, the way the rifle falls into a mating position with the support hand is a little floaty. I struggle with this as well.

I really like the running motion but it seems a little fast. It would probably be ok with movespeedmod disabled but that might mess up things at creep speed.

The recoil looks like semi-auto fire but can't really tell without audio. If that is full-auto, then maybe increase the RoF a bit and run the automatic fire loop more steadily to the rear (pressure hose effect).

I don't really have any problems with the tac reload.

The unsupported Iraqi reload is beyond your usual levels of magic and borders on cringe, for me. It's already quite difficult to support and steady a rifle by the tiny bolt handle (basically impossible if moving at all) and it's also under spring pressure so the butt needs to stay locked to the shoulder. So, when you knock the mag out, the way you have the rifle unsupported, the action would close under spring tension. I suppose you could make the argument that it's supported by the inside elbow (whatever that's called) but I think the stock is probably too long for that and would be even more unstable.

Good to see you finding time to animate again. I need to push through a current sluggish bit of texturing so that I can get back at it, myself.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 10:37 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 10:38
Great go see you at it again,Nice looking gun.not a lot more to say ,I think Errant AI covers everything.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 11:17
Quote: "What were the "see-thru" problems? Like ununified normals or something else?"

I'll record a vid if i get a chance. one random part of the gun was seethru, all others fine.

Quote: "I really like the running motion but it seems a little fast."

eh I didnt really like it but tbh you are right. it would be better slow.

Quote: "The recoil looks like semi-auto fire"

I made it fire slow because it has very high damage for balance's sake

Quote: "The unsupported Iraqi reload is beyond your usual levels of magic and borders on cringe, for me. It's already quite difficult to support and steady a rifle by the tiny bolt handle (basically impossible if moving at all) and it's also under spring pressure so the butt needs to stay locked to the shoulder. So, when you knock the mag out, the way you have the rifle unsupported, the action would close under spring tension. I suppose you could make the argument that it's supported by the inside elbow (whatever that's called) but I think the stock is probably too long for that and would be even more unstable."

TBH I really wanted to do one like that since I hadn't seen it before, but it looked WAY too static when animated "realistically" so I totally hammed it up. I kinda liked it honestly. I don't really concern myself so much with "anatomical correctness"

I really appreciate your nice well thought out comment! I will try to maybe fix the draw animation, but sometimes once I get a gun to work in GG I get scared to mess with it further for fear of messing it up irreparably.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 22:34
I still like your FAMAS the best. Sure, that AK is your best work so far but I just like the look of that FAMAS. It just screams near future private security assault rifle! And the way you draw it...yeah!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2017 15:10
I'll keep this in mind working on future games. I will likely not give the AKM to players any time soon given how many other guns I still have yet to make games with BUT that hasn't stopped me from animating. I bought and rigged the HK416 BSP made, so expect animations with that this week.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 03:07
HKM4 Update (Previously Planned to be BSP's HK416)
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 13:24
I'm currently reinstalling and updating my workflow. Once done I'll add a scope and larger silencer to that weapon. And retexture it, of course.
It'll be my first action as the new and improved Wolf.

Speaking of new and improved...you are about to be as good as these guys on youtube. You know which ones!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 01:41
haha I love to hear compliments like that. thanks!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 23:58
Also I aim to rig a bunch of custom guns to your anims! We should talk in skype about this some if you get the time.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 06:27
okay but only if i get the option to make custom anims for the gun first
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 19:08

IMBROKERU LEATHER GLOVES
BSP AK47

this probably won't go into gameguru, but i've still been animating guns! I'd love some opinions on this one. tac reload was kinda COD-4 inspired and empty was kinds black ops 2 an94 inspired
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 19:40
Another smooth animation Bugsy,the gun looks realy good to me .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 20:36
it looks really good I like it
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 23:33

Railgun for WOLF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:32:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:32:58