Product Chat / Lee: Shader pack permission.

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2017 22:28 Edited at: 21st Jan 2017 22:30
Hi Preben, thanks for your response.

As requested I tested with GG shaders and the shadow and LM issue is there already. Please see screen shots.

I know shadows can be a little perplexing about how and where they fall, but I would have thought they wouldn't have been there in this instance anyhow since the sun is directly behind me in those shots.

However the results vary of course with the building in different positions, and I also tried on a blank map as well. But the screenshots give the most common result I get.

By the way if you want the model to test send me a PM.

Thanks again for looking at this.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
reliquia: your lightmap problems is because you have a huge object with a low res lightmap texture , if you had split up your objects in smaller pieces it would look mush better , but you can change the size of the texture here:
in setup.ini
lightmappingsizeentity=512
Change it to 2048 in your case, it will use mush more memory but look better. you can try 1024 and see it thats good enoff.

About real-time shadows , i already have a little better way to do it , if you edit "settings.fx"
And use these setting:
#define BETTERSHADOWS // WIP PE: enable better shadow blur.
#define SHADOWTEXELY (1500.0f)
#define SHADOWTEXELX (1500.0f)

BETTERSHADOWS will make more blur samples on the shadow , and if you increase the values of SHADOWTEXELY-X the shadow blur pixels will get closer together , i think 1500 will work best for you , but you could try to increase them more like 2048 to see if you like that better.

Please let me know what SHADOWTEXELY-X work best for you , im trying to get some avg. values in here

The best way to solve this would be to have a better resolution on the real time shadow texture.

Lee: would it be possible to get a better resolution of DepthMap1 texture ? , perhaps a setup.ini setting ? , if so i will prepare "settings.fx" so we can define the texel size for DepthMap1 ( and the others ) , so texel size for shadows is set in all shaders using this setting. Also if you use the current texture size as the default in setup.ini , i will be able to make these changes when you release 1.14 and it would still work fine without the changes

TGPEG:
Quote: "reflection shader which (roughly) imitates physical reflections"

Hey "Bored of the Rings" how is your reflection shader coming along ? do you have anything working ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Preben ...
Congrats on your "Valued Member badge "
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
reliquia: I just noticed that on the right side of the building the lightmapped shadow looks ok , but you get patterns from the lightmappers blur process on the left side of the building , i already removed some of those inside buildings , if you email me the objects , i will see if i can remove more of this pattern , just email the .fpe .x and textures to : plemsoft@plemsoft.com , and i will see if more can be removed , not sure as the pattern goes from very dark to light so .... might only be Lee that are able to remove these directly in the lightmapper code.

synchromesh: Thanks , Look at my new shiny badge , im so happy
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2017 12:46
Hi Preben, congrats on the badge - you most definitely deserve it man!

Model sent to

Thanks for your hard work.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2017 13:13
totally agree, the badge is well deserved.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee: 2 screenshots of rawlightmap. im able to filter all the patterns in the shadows and indoor , but on the lightside of the object im not able to filter , as this removes part of the shadows to. I do not know why the lightmapper makes these patterns , it looks just like your using a low resolution texture and mixing into to the final result ? also DepthMap1 ?

reliquia: If you rotate your object 180 , you dont get the patterns ( dont ask me why ) , and tried it using lightmappingsizeentity=1024 , see next screenshot , and it looks mush better

Dynamic shadows: i made a new option to enable a linear shadow , that allow you to remove the "spikes" in the shadows, i know STAB are also looking for this option, i will upload a new beta later and let you know what settings i used to get the result in these screenshots. one screenshot of the current shadows and one using the new linear shadow. Dua to the resolution of the DepthMap1 i cant make the result better , but if we get a option to set the size of the DepthMap1 we can make a mush better looking shadow

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 11:15
@Preben : I will be looking at the lightmapper today so if you can send me an email on "lightside of the object i'm not able to filter" issue I can check it out in more detail. Have you found the lightmapper settings in SETUP.INI yet, as you can increase the texture sizes quite a bit for the lightmapper, but these depend on the meshes used by the model being separated as the lightmapper can only use one texture per mesh (so a mesh with say 20,000 polygons in there would have very little texture space for individual polygons to provide good lighting information). Hope this makes sense.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
On a quick test of the new shaders I quickly found some issues with the lens flare.

As you can see, the lens flare is being triggered by self illuminated objects and simply doesn't work at all in this situation. The effect is easier to see in motion of course, but pictures will have to suffice for now. It seems it only works with one light at a time and as there are many in these scenes just looks odd. This is from beta tests, rather than directly downloading the shader pack, so can't say which version it is.

I posted in another thread originally and was told to bring it to your attention here. So I have If you need more info let me know.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee: sent you a few emails

reliquia: you can download a new version here that include the new setting, here is the settings that looks best on your model:

Let me know what shadow type you like the most , and if you find any better values

ADDED my own internal version , well i added a #define DEBUGLEVEL , allow you to see everything , how occlusion exactly works , where sao is displayed , how the depth buffers is working on sao, shadows under objects , polygons , LOD , how AI is working behind objects .... everything. It work on highest , so you can mix it as you wish , if you set terrain to medium and entities to highest , it only display the debug version on the entities
Explore your levels in a new way , while you play

I really appreciate that some like to support the work , so i setup a kind of Donate button here:
http://www.daily3d.com/product/support-gameguru-shader-work

Remember to create an account if you Donate, that way you will always have access to all the latest. Currently you find the first version of 2 new tree shaders , better looking and faster no ugly edges. And all fpe files trees/flowers/grass/bush/hedge/ ... has been changed and setup, ready to use with the new tree shaders, the new fpe files is also included in the .zip , just unzip / copy and your running (GG Loader users can also download the new tree shaders, from your account).

Attachments

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 19:51
Quote: "I really appreciate that some like to support the work , so i setup a kind of Donate button here:"

Nice idea!
Anyway don't get the way to create a new account. I just see log in, but does not "create new account" option, or something like that. Can you realize a bit, please.

Love wireframe effect, Can help detect / find design flaws, in models.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 20:04 Edited at: 25th Jan 2017 20:04
Quote: "Currently you find the first version of 2 new tree shaders "

Where? I have an account, and I can't see them on the site

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
3com: ohh when you get to the "checkout" page, it will say "Create an account by entering the information below. If you are a returning customer please login at the top of the page." , so you should just enter an account passwords there , thats it

And yes its very easy to spot whats going on in your level.

DVader: The lens flare will only trigger on what your directly looking at, it is suppose to do it this way, im not sure what version you have , but in the settings.fx file your able to specify "#define TRIGGERLENSFLARE (0.97,0.97,0.97)" you can increase these values if you dont want the lens flare to trigger so often, also there is 2 version of the lens flare, could you check if you have "#define HQLENSFLARE" , you can try to comment this out, to try the other version that also react on bloom , but i guess that would trigger even more on your scene.

If you ask me those screenshots looks pretty great using the lens flare , but perhaps its to mush if your running down there and see it all the time ?

Quote: "I posted in another thread"
A secret beta forum perhaps ?

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos: its all included in gameguru-shaders1077t.zip , just download that version (t)
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 20:40
Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 22:34
@ Preben
Done.
Thanks for clarify, and for your amazing work.

I want to test your shaders with 1.14; I'm aware it is closest to release.

3com

PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
3com: Use this version then (or download from daily3d with trees) , in settings.fx enable #define VERSION114 ( everything should be fine after Lee makes the next beta update, until then ignore terrain/vegetation you might see why ).

Tree shaders updated plus other fixes, download from your account at daily3d.com

Attachments

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Jan 2017 15:53 Edited at: 26th Jan 2017 16:01
Hi Preben, thank you for the latest shaders, I am having problems with shadows with this version didn't have this issue in 1077
not tried pre bake this is realtime

its worse from a distance

Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
GraPhiX : Ohh there is no shadow changes in 1079 , perhaps you forgot to change settings.fx to:

This is still not default, if most people like this we could make it default , let me know

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Jan 2017 17:01
Hi Preben
my bad no I forgot to edit the settings.fx I have edited it now but still have a slight issue, I have created a video so you can see it clearly I also brought up my tab tab screen for you to look at in case it is something I have set wrong

Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2017 22:24 Edited at: 26th Jan 2017 22:25
GraPhiX: yes try to use this setting:

It will pull the shadow a little away, you can also try other values to see if that fix your problem.

Also if that is not good enoff try to enable "#define BETTERSHADOWS" combined with the above.

BETTERSHADOWS is a WIP it takes forever to work with shadows, so there is still plenty to improve ...

I cant do anything about the flickering only Lee can do that.

Let me know what works best for you
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 11:40 Edited at: 27th Jan 2017 11:42
Quote: "If you ask me those screenshots looks pretty great using the lens flare , but perhaps its to mush if your running down there and see it all the time ?"

Much too much and in motion it looks completely weird, and doesn't really look like a traditional lens flare (I get flashing blobs on screen which look like the player is having an issue when straffing for instance). It also looks odd only coming from one light source at a time when there are so many. I have no idea what version I have, it is included with the beta, but seems I will probably have to disable the lens flare entirely, I certainly don't want more of it!. It's not a major issue if I can remove the lens flare, as in my experience you do not see lens flares with the naked eye ever, just glare ;p

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
DVader: yes just disable it , edit settings.fx and comment out "#define LENSFLARE"

For all, lens flare:
You can configure the lens flare using:
"#define TRIGGERLENSFLARE (0.97,0.97,0.97)"
Increase this value if you don’t want it to trigger so often
try: "#define TRIGGERLENSFLARE (0.99,0.99,0.99)"

You can define how bright the lens flare is:
#define LENSFLAREINTENSITY (3.0)
(3.0) Normal intensity
(1.0) Low intensity
(5.0) High intensity

If you want a halo around the bright spot , comment out this line:
#define DISABLELENSFLAREHALO

And to disable lens flare, comment out this line:
#define LENSFLARE

Lens flare reflect light in the camera lens, it will not work on everything you see like bloom, but only what the camera lens is pointing at , what you see is ghost objects from the reflection of the light objects, so you only see lens flare when the camera lens point directly at something bright.

Normally you would only get it when you look at very bright objects like the sun:

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 23:00
that custom tree bugfix is not available in the public version here, right? gameguru-shaders1079.zip
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
MooKai: No currently they are only available at daily3d.com
You can download them from your account, also includes all the changed fpe files

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 15:11
I dont have an account there.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 15:20
You can get an account by donating as little as a dollar towards his work, considering the amount of work he has put into this a dollar is well worth it (i donated £20 because i value his work).

http://www.daily3d.com/product/support-gameguru-shader-work

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2017 14:27 Edited at: 4th Feb 2017 14:38
MooKai: Lee got a copy and might add it to the next GG release.

If you have anything about the current shader version please post here

A new thread is made for shader changes for the next GameGuru version here:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217310
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2017 20:19
Opens a account also,great work thank you.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 21:16
Hi Preben,

I think i've noticed a problem with the entityshader, watch the video to see what i mean.
At first i thought that my textures were somehow wrong, so i downloaded a simple texture from the web and converted it to dxt5 dds and applied it, but it made no difference.
Then i found it to be related to the setting of the enityshader, at medium setting it looks normal as it should.

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 22:04
Hi,
do you have an _N file for the model even if it is a blank 32x32 one? If not GG will load one that gives the wrong effect.

Reliquia....
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 22:14
Quote: "do you have an _N file for the model even if it is a blank 32x32 one? If not GG will load one that gives the wrong effect."

This could well be the problem, going to make one and try it.

Thanks Reliquia
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Earthling45: Yes this is the default normal texture.

reliquia: i believe that a blank normal map would create wrong light on the object, it would need to be a neutral map.

If anyone have a 100% neutral normal map texture, please email it to Lee and kindly ask him to replace /reloaded/media/blank_N.dds

Its very confusing , mainly in the new ebe where some textures are missing normal maps.

BTW: The new tree shaders are now part of "public preview"
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 09:01
The new tree shader for custom trees is... Awesome!
See photo.
Send me your name (pm) and I'll credit you in my next game, if u want.

Attachments

PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
MooKai: Yes no ugly skybox edges , fog dont make artifacts on trees , fxaa is doing is magic on your leave edges , everything is coming together nicely

BTW: you should call your images .jpg or .png if you call them .jpeg you will be asked to download. My name is Preben Eriksen, like in my signature

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 10:18
I have now replaced blank_N with a totally smooth normal texture for the next update.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Attachments

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 10:24
Thanks, I've downloaded the screenshot again from my Twitter acc. and saved it on the iPad.... Don't know how to edit the file extensions on the iPad...

The shaders are really a great update for GG, looks better and better now.
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 12:11
@Preben, yeah what Lee uploaded is what I meant by blank

Reliquia....
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 00:02 Edited at: 8th Feb 2017 00:05
I'm still impressed with the results of the shaders.
FXAA... smooth tree edges... great!

Attachments

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 13:58
@ Preben
Not getting shadows in interiors. I mean objects does not casting any shadows.

Metrics

I've all the vars enabled:

#define ADJUSTSHADOW (0.00030f)
#define BETTERSHADOWS // WIP PE: enable better shadow blur. shadow slider 60+
#define LINEARSHADOW // PE: Enable linear shadows.
#define SHADOWTEXELY (1024.0f)
#define SHADOWTEXELX (1024.0f)

Or maybe it is not intended to get yet?

Sun light going nicely thru the holes (well, it need some tweaks), but not shadows in interior.

Firts I've tried with default setting, then I've tried (againt my sanity) the settings you can see in metrics pic; as you can notice 3 fps don't gives for nothing, but even so, with not to avail as you can seen.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

3com

PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 14:57
In realtime there are indeed no shadows visible.
After setting the lights to static and F3, there are shadows but see the pictures on what happens.
One is with shadow at zero, in the second image the setting is 50.

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 15:04
There's definitely something not right with shadows at the moment, most of mine when projected onto the surface of an entity are coming out all jagged, like they'e made our of lots of squares.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 15:59 Edited at: 8th Feb 2017 16:04
3com: In realtime we only have shadows from the sun , and Inside there is no sun shadows , everything will always be in shadow. so you need to set your inside lights to "static" and lightmap your level to get shadows inside.

Earthling45: ( no realtime shadows indoor ) ,But yes there should be light coming in from that windows , how did you define the window ? does it use alpha in the diffuse texture ? , and what shader/GameGuru version are you using ?

Belidos: Yes those are from the lightmapper , you should adjust the quality. edit "setup.ini" and locate this line
lightmappingsizeentity=512
Change it to:
lightmappingsizeentity=1024
And give it a go. If thats not good enoff try this:
lightmappingsizeentity=2048

Do you have a screenshot of the big "dots" so i can confirm that it is from the lightmapper

Earthling45: I can see on your screenshot that you can also do this to improve your shadows.

BTW 3com: if you want a FPS boost edit settings.fx and disable depth of field and motion blur , like this:

This will give you a FPS boost
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 16:06
Quote: "Yes those are from the lightmapper "

It does it in both real time and baked. Does that setting effect real time too?

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos: Could you make a screen shot so i can see the big dots

Earthling45: screenshot, Is this a lightmapper shadow from some wood or something ? , why did you circle it ?

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 16:22 Edited at: 8th Feb 2017 16:23
Can't run GG at work, but here's a screen grab from one of my videos, it's not big dots, its the straight edge of shadows on entity surfaces aren't straight, they're like a zigzag pattern. Also if it helps, it's only the sun facing sides that it happens on.

(it's actually more defined than that in gameguru, the video quality has softened it a little)

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos: Ahh thats the resolution of the realtime shadow , Lee is working on that as we speak

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 16:35
Ah ok, but it also does it on the baked shadows, so if i change that setting you mentioned will it fix the issue for the baked shadows?.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos: Sure will , give it a try
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 17:57
@MooKai : Is that your game you are showing the screen shot from. I would like to feature the image in a Steam announcement if you don't mind, with maybe a few sentences from you on how you get it to look so cool

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:51:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:51:47