Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 17:56
This guy is really ticked off at me,
He is from FPS Creator and needs to be in GameGuru,
I have tried,

in to the import " well the Direct X file,
It came out not working well, just stands there.
So in a fit of inspiration and reading the few thousand posts here
I found csi GameGuru,
so I put in a csi i got from a post

and he STILL Just Stands there!

What hoops do we have to jump through to get characters moving>?
I have a couple thousand models I need in GameGuru. This is beginning to
look like a nightmare.

Thanks for reading,
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 21:40 Edited at: 28th Nov 2016 21:42
It's not as simple as that, you can't just import it via the importer, in fact you can't import characters (at least not fully) with the built in importer, it needs to be done by hand.

The animation ranges for each character are different depending on who made it an what animations they put on it, you can't just copy them from another character. You have to one by one physically enter the range for each equivalent animation from the model into the relevant csi_ slot in the list.

Then you have to build an AI script to control it, AI scripts aren't one size fits all.

It takes a huge amount of effort to bring a character into gameguru, there's no simple way to do it, unless the character you want to import is a Mixamo character, in which case you can buy a piece of software called FBX2GG that will convert the Mixamo model and add the gameguru default animations to it.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 00:15
Thank you for your time!
Quote: "Belidos:: The animation ranges for each character are different depending on who made it an what animations they put on it, you can't just copy them from another character. You have to one by one physically enter the range for each equivalent animation from the model into the relevant csi_ slot in the list.

Then you have to build an AI script to control it, AI scripts aren't one size fits all."

is the LUA script the AI script? or are there more?
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 01:39
There are different AI _Scripts for different types of characters.

Some characters follow waypoints (soldier)
Some are free roaming and do not use waypoints (zombies)
Some are both ways (Medieval)

Some are custom animated with custom scripts. (degoreds animals and characters)

It is best to find out which style you would like your custom character to use and then find the animation ranges of each CSI call in the FPE file and modify the ranges to match your character.

This is probably one of the most difficult tasks in Game Guru. Takes a lot of time and trial and error.

Smallg has a script that you can assign your animation ranges to and you character should then begin to move around.
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207801?page=7#msg2515306
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 08:17
Good call PirateMyke, i'd forgotten about smallg's script.

You'll still need to know which of thoe original animations is which to line them up with the animations in the script. I can't remember where it is at the moment but i think smallg had a script that can show you the animations, you set all the anims in the fpe (anim0 anim1 etc) then put a character with the animation finder script in a level and enter test, then each time you hit E it plays the bext animation and prompts you which one it is.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 13:38
There should be a script called ai_viewanimations.lua in the scriptbank folder, this should show the animations of a character.
Assign it to the main AI section of the characters property.

Run test game and use the mouse keys to advance the animation, holding the shift key and a mouse button will advance the animations faster.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-21 18:46:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-21 18:46:58