3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Converting models from obj format to gameguru?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: A whole lot of different things.
Posted: 9th Nov 2016 17:47
I have a couple of animated guns, I wondered how I can import them in gameguru as they are not recognized, I did check on the format but I actually have no idea how to convert it to that format? Please help.
thanks in advance
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Nov 2016 21:34
Are you sure they're OBJ files? Because obj is a static format and doesn't have animations.

Apart from that converting OBJ to gameguru is easy enaugh, gameguru uses .x format there are multiple modelling programs that will do it simply by importing the OBJ file and exporting as .x

Blender
Sketchup
Fragmotion

And lits of others.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2016 12:30
There are also a few websites out there that can convert your model, one I use in an emergency (When I have accidentally deleted the original files) is http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/. This is a very good site and I have not found a problem with the conversions yet.

But Belidos is correct .obj is a type that cannot contain animations, so if you saved it to this format then it will not have saved any animations that you have put in it. You would have to export it into a type that does include animations .fbx is a good one to use. you would then need to convert it to .x as this is what GG uses.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2016 14:36
What you both said.

I think it maybe bought items which has a few formats with animation in the zip file and also has the static models formats too. If this is true they will have no moving animated parts / bones.

This is 3DS Max modelling guys cashing-in to cover all file formats. What a few people don't understand or know is you will need to get these re-formatted to work with GG and use the animation unless is also come in direct.x, etc.
You will see this a lot with .max files [ 3DS Max - 3D Studio Max ]. But you can't convert .max file unless to have this software.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 15:10:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 15:10:15