3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Blender character export help

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 17:36
I decided to do my animations in blender this time instead of milkshape. Everything was going very well but I seem to have run into problems. I got the model exported and brought it into gameguru but as soon as I'd test run the level the model disappears.You can hear him growling when you get close though. I go back to the editor and the whole model is black. If I make the model static it looks just fine. I'm kind of thinking the problem would be with the export from blender with the animations. Is there a step im missing to get the animations exported out of blender? Or maybe something else that would cause this to happen? I'm only assuming it's the export because this didn't happen exporting out of milkshape. Also, I opened the file in fragmotion and there was no animation data.If anyone could give me any tips I would appreciate it
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 23:14
I have had this also,still to find the reason why.i need to note all my moves before exporting.trouble is by the time I get it right I forget settings.also some models work great out of fragmotion with animations,build another model with the same export settings and it's broken in GG.still working on it.

Davr
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2016 00:00
hmm, well if you remember the correct way to get it done please let me know, lol. I'm really enjoying blender for doing the animation but if I can't get it out of blender then ill have to hang my head and go back to milkshape . a idea or two just came to mind, I will give them a try and post the steps if it works. Otherwise we might be at the mercy of the forums
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 20:23
nobody? I was kind of figuring a lot of people had run into this problem And would know how to fix it Seeing as everybody seems to use blender.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 13:53
Have you tried importing into fragmotion and out again and see if that helps.

Dave
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 15:58
I'd took the model into fragmotion but the animations didn't seem to be exporting. when exporting from blender I checked the export animations box but still no dice. I also tried to export the skeleton with it but after taking it into fragmotion it got an error with the model(fbx). It did import but only the skeleton and it was a jumbled mess(.x file) . I'd tried a few other combinations with the exporter but none of them seem to work properly. Either I'm not getting the right combination of settings or maybe it's my version of blender. I did read the newer versions of blender weren't as friendly exporting as the old versions. I'll keep trying but as of right now I'm kind of stumped.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 16:12 Edited at: 28th Oct 2016 16:38
You go the error in fragmotion because fragmotion doesn't actually import most FBX formats, it worked ages ago for a few types of FBX, but it hasn't been updated since and no longer fully supports FBX. That's the problem with FBX, and why Lee's had trouble implementing it, there's so many versions of it out there by the time you get your import software working there's a newer version and oyu have to start again, so if you're not a major publisher with a team dedicated to just working on the importer you have your job cut out for you.

As to later versions of blender having issues exporting, as far as i know that was one version about a year ago that was fixed in the next version (i broke sometime in 2.6x and was fixed sometime in 2.7x i think).

When exporting as .x did you make sure both the skeleton and the mesh were selected? They're separate objects and both need to be selected at the same time during export.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 16:49 Edited at: 28th Oct 2016 16:51
yeah, I did both the skeleton and the animations and it gives me this error:

I'm using the riggify add on. I also selected the mesh with the skeleton when I exported. I tried both the original skeleton and this one:

Here's the .x export settings, is there something I'm missing here Besides bones and animation
?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 17:38
I'm pretty surer you need to export skin weights otherwise the bones don't effect the mesh and vice versa.

If you are exporting animations you must select the framerate box.

I've never done characters, but i'm pretty sure it works fine in the latest few versions, as i've seen people do it in them.

Just to be sure, you could try using 2.69 blender, that was supposed to be the "ideal version" for .x export, there is a standalone version, so you don't even need to install it.

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.69/

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 19:16
I'd tried an export with the weights and the frame rate but it still cause the error, in gameguru too. Maybe I should just try the older version of blender. I'm using the steam version right now.I would just go back to milkshape but after learning blender I really like the rigging and animation a lot better Thanks for the tips belidos
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-30 03:22:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-30 03:22:14