Off Topic / Oblivion : Retextured MiniMod

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 15:15
Hey everyone!!

I figured someone might have a passing interest in this so: I have recently released a small mod to replace some textures in goold ol' TES:IV Oblivion.

This mod aims to replace certain textures of oblivion with higher resolution versions as well as recolor some of the them to resonate better with the look of the other elder scrolls games. My aim is to remove the blurry and plastic look from the game. This mod assumes that you already have qarls texture pack III aswell as a face and body replacer installed. It will tackle the textures these mods have not touched. Especially the clothes and armor aswell as the realms of oblivion.

Introduction:

A wise man once said that no one reads the introduction. Well, you seem to be the exception of the rule then Oblivion is among my favorite games...it has a sense of depth and maturity lacking from Skyrim (brilliant game aswell, don't get me wrong.) What has always rubbed me wrong however, was the visual style of the game.

Everything looked washed out, blurry and the colors often seemed out of place. This was especially true with the higher level weapon and armor design. A lot of it just looked like plastic or otherwise odd.

While the modding community has done great improvements to oblivion already not everything has yet been done or done to my taste which is why I started this modding project. Textures go a long way and can give a game new live (thinking about the great Thief 3 texture mod here.) I hope that these textures will be part of many players future elder scrolls experiences and add to an already fantastic game.

This mod assumes that you have qarls texture pack 3 and some kind of head/body replacer installed and will not touch the material already modified by these mods.

LINK TO WEBSITE

LINK TO MODDB

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 19:52:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 19:52:15